[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

What is the gem called for AoE? So basically I'm getting this: swap X out for Fast Casting and swap CE for AoE. But what is X? What do I swap out for Faster Casting?
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Vallenhael wrote:
Came here thinking this was a budget build :D Now I'm 1,5 ex in and 2,5 ex to go till I have so much as a semblence of completion. Black sun Crest 1,5 ex, FML :D

I consider everything under 10 ex not just budget but LOW budget. Many others share the same view. But of course it can mean different things for different people. However: Budget is not the same as Cheap. I never used the word 'cheap' with this build and even stopped using 'budget' after it became popular and the prices went up.

This build scales with your budget. You can do about half of the red maps with the gear that costs less than 1 ex total. You can do all of T15 (maybe except Dark Forest) with 3-4 ex. You can farm T16 and the Shaper with less than 10 ex.

As for Black Sun Crest, you don't need a 15% one. 14% or even 13% is fine. I'm using 14% in the Essence league.

I consider everything above 5ex for clearing high end content to be a high budget build :D I only play leagues and usually just get 36 and clear evrth once, mainly playing summoner builds. Mostly I spend about 2-3 ex on my gear during an entire league. My eyes nearly popped when I just wanted to switch from fire to lightning+cold resi and saw that gloves with some meager 30+ int , 2 resis and 150es+ go for 0,5-2ex. People be crazy.

Guess I'll just play variants of flame totem and srs for the rest of my life.
"
WNxTyr4el wrote:
What is the gem called for AoE? So basically I'm getting this: swap X out for Fast Casting and swap CE for AoE. But what is X? What do I swap out for Faster Casting?

Swap Added Lightning Damage for Faster Casting (replace FC with Spell Echo when available in Act 4)
Swap Conc Effect for Increased Area of Effect(available Act 4) or Item Rarity

Conc Effect is good for bosses if your mana can handle it but unnecessary for general leveling.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Oct 20, 2016, 8:48:05 AM
"
WNxTyr4el wrote:
I forgot that the gems increase the mana cost. If it comes to it I'll take one out. But I know I have the wrong gems currently. I don't have the right level for Spell Echo yet. That will help my damage and leech a lot I'm sure. But if that's not the only thing wrong let me know what else I can do to fix it.

I used Mana Leech as the 6th support before I could use the "normal" setup.
"
Vallenhael wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Vallenhael wrote:
Came here thinking this was a budget build :D Now I'm 1,5 ex in and 2,5 ex to go till I have so much as a semblence of completion. Black sun Crest 1,5 ex, FML :D

I consider everything under 10 ex not just budget but LOW budget. Many others share the same view. But of course it can mean different things for different people. However: Budget is not the same as Cheap. I never used the word 'cheap' with this build and even stopped using 'budget' after it became popular and the prices went up.

This build scales with your budget. You can do about half of the red maps with the gear that costs less than 1 ex total. You can do all of T15 (maybe except Dark Forest) with 3-4 ex. You can farm T16 and the Shaper with less than 10 ex.

As for Black Sun Crest, you don't need a 15% one. 14% or even 13% is fine. I'm using 14% in the Essence league.

I consider everything above 5ex for clearing high end content to be a high budget build :D I only play leagues and usually just get 36 and clear evrth once, mainly playing summoner builds. Mostly I spend about 2-3 ex on my gear during an entire league. My eyes nearly popped when I just wanted to switch from fire to lightning+cold resi and saw that gloves with some meager 30+ int , 2 resis and 150es+ go for 0,5-2ex. People be crazy.

Guess I'll just play variants of flame totem and srs for the rest of my life.

I was fortunate, I lucked into this build by finding all the needed unique stuff randomly by playing an RF build (and I rolled 6S on my whispering ice using 6 jewlers). The only thing that is a bit lackluster is my helmet with 11% increased int, and I could maybe have 5% more res for each element on my pyre, astramentis rolled 90 to all and I think that is adequate enough. So I spent like 1 exalt for a complete build. Still, if I want to really max it out with a good vaal regalia and some good gloves, I am looking at a few more exalts :)

But I agree, ES+Int+Res rare gear is crazy expensive when compared to the other life based builds I use. Then again this build does perform, and I don't even have max level gems.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Oct 20, 2016, 11:20:20 AM
My Astranemtis amulet is an 11/89 to all attributes. Should I use a blessed orb or a devine orb on it? I really don't understand the mechanics of which to use. Also, what about corrupting it? I am afraid I might lose the amulet totally if I try this.

Thanks.
✅🌟AAA Loot Filter🌟✅
✅🌟https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2440411🌟✅
"
WolfeDude wrote:
Should I use a blessed orb or a devine orb on it? I really don't understand the mechanics of which to use.
Thanks.

Blessed = Implicit roll = 10-16 to all atributes
Divine = Explicit roll = 80-100 to all atributes

Above the line it's Implicit
Under the line it's Explicit
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Oct 20, 2016, 2:10:47 PM
I am playing a repurposed witch and need to change the bandits quest in normal to kill Oak. Am I understanding the procedure correctly when I say I need to go to normal, kill Oak, get his amulet, trade it with 20 regrets to a vendor to get a regret book, and go to Eramir to get the skill point? It appears that I can only deal with Oak in Merciless. Do I have to obtain his amulet there? And do I then take it to Eramir in normal or Merciless?

Thanks
Last edited by WolfeDude on Oct 20, 2016, 2:57:12 PM
If you want the +40 life from Oak you have to trade 20x Orb of Regret + Amber Amulet (you get it from any vendor NPC) to get the Book of Reform.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info