[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
NumbSchiller wrote:

Still the same mantra:
Damage > ES
900dmg less Icestorm is huge while 1k ES is kinda meh.

True...unless you're dead.
"
Dunkleosteus wrote:

If you are not doing something wrong you only get kill by one shot, it's easy to get descent amount of ES from body armor, gloves, boots, belt and int, you stay alive with damage/leech when you facetank, so i agree with NumbSchiller, Damage>ES.
"
Dunkleosteus wrote:
Anyway I had this lying there in my stash and wanted to try it out, it bumped up my ES by almost exactly 1K and dropped my Ice Storm damage by about 900... a fair trade off I think just to keep me safer.

Any thoughts on this?

It's been answered a few times. Now I added it to the Q&A finally.

And no, trading DPS for ES is not a fair trade at all. Quite the opposite. You won't be safer with lower DPS and more ES. Your defence is leech, not raw ES. We've been trading ES for DPS ever since separating from the original WI Scion build.

"
my mirror es is a 943 with high resis and + int yea but the color gem was bad swap from mirror weapon

skyforth work also??

I don't see a good way to use a RRRBBG chest. Something along the lines of lv 20 CWDT + curses. But that's kinda bad. We use lv 20 CWDT for IC where it doesn't waste IC (and endurance charges) on every tiny hit. But with the curses you do want to trigger them on every hit. CoH adds curse quality too. And switching WM from Blasphemy to a lv 20 CWDT will be really unsafe: you'll need to get hit hard to start leeching.

For Skyforth see Q&A.

"
Black_Gun wrote:
Just did shaper and he did teleport-slam me while I was facetanking him. Probably targeted one of my golems...

Lightning or Ice golem can cause that (as well as provoke Mino to use ground roll). You can swap it for the Chaos golem for those fights, or just remove the 2nd golem gem and it will pop you 2 Flame golems (but only 1 buff). This is an unfortunate downside of the Witch version. Templar and Scion don't have this problem.

"
Vallenhael wrote:
Came here thinking this was a budget build :D Now I'm 1,5 ex in and 2,5 ex to go till I have so much as a semblence of completion. Black sun Crest 1,5 ex, FML :D

I consider everything under 10 ex not just budget but LOW budget. Many others share the same view. But of course it can mean different things for different people. However: Budget is not the same as Cheap. I never used the word 'cheap' with this build and even stopped using 'budget' after it became popular and the prices went up.

This build scales with your budget. You can do about half of the red maps with the gear that costs less than 1 ex total. You can do all of T15 (maybe except Dark Forest) with 3-4 ex. You can farm T16 and the Shaper with less than 10 ex.

As for Black Sun Crest, you don't need a 15% one. 14% or even 13% is fine. I'm using 14% in the Essence league.

"
Dunkleosteus wrote:
"
NumbSchiller wrote:

Still the same mantra:
Damage > ES
900dmg less Icestorm is huge while 1k ES is kinda meh.

Watch the ES globe. How much ES do I need?

DPS let's you do this. While people with 13k ES have to run around and dodge and still die.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2016, 2:56:09 PM
I have a HUGE problem right now. I'm level 34 and I can't do anything. I can't spec into CI because my ES is too low. I can't spam Icestorm because my Mana Leech is shit and the spell costs 117 mana and I have 175 after reserves.

I really don't know what I can do right now. I can't afford a fucking 50c Astramentis lol. That's just ridiculous. So any kind of help would be great right now because I really don't want to start over AGAIN.

Hi
About cost of this build.
In my opinion, this build is really cheap (with possibility of grinding end-game maps ).
Only at start, I had problems to collect a currency for Astramentis.
Main benefit - The Whispering Ice doesn't need 6 links, you can sell rest of fusings for exalts.
One tiny minus - problems with chromes:)
Vallenhael, believe me, I've spent about 5 ex (I 've bought Astramentis for 1,2 ex, rest for chaoses and 4 divines, The Whispering Ice is a self-found, my starting staff -18 % int, 10 % - cast speed - 17 c, Black Sun- self-found, 3 divines and ...in effect 14 %, rare crystal belt -self-craft ) for all my items.
You have to tracking a poe.trade with patience and ...lucky:)
My char. name : Lodowy_deszczyk
L. 91 -over 9,1 K ES, 1514 INT and 11 K DPS ( with max all benefits -Elem.Overload and flat fire damage from boots, without flasks- actually, I prefer defence flasks as a replacement of AA -I have to collect more chromes for AA in chest,finally ).
Kelvynn, thank you for this amazing build. Your build is one of my favourite ( Bladefall was OP :))) during near 3 past years with PoE.

"
WNxTyr4el wrote:
I have a HUGE problem right now. I'm level 34 and I can't do anything. I can't spec into CI because my ES is too low. I can't spam Icestorm because my Mana Leech is shit and the spell costs 117 mana and I have 175 after reserves.

I really don't know what I can do right now. I can't afford a fucking 50c Astramentis lol. That's just ridiculous. So any kind of help would be great right now because I really don't want to start over AGAIN.
Spoiler

Please read the Leveling guide from the Reaching Lv 33 marker carefully. In short: WI and Pyre are the only items from this build in your set, everything else may as well be empty slots. Of course you cannot proceed with just 2 items.

Enough mana for 1 cast is fine. You are supposed to use mana flasks until about lv 50, plus RC, and you leech the rest as long as you do some damage (which you currently don't). You are also using wrong gems. And if the mana is too tight you can leave the 6th socket empty. Or even put Reduced Mana into it.

Just fix your gear and follow the guide.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2016, 6:59:00 PM
well is either i mirror or sell and buy new one or trade to the color or use it but a bit different build ..
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WNxTyr4el wrote:

Spoiler

Please read the Leveling guide from the Reaching Lv 33 marker carefully. In short: WI and Pyre are the only items from this build in your set, everything else may as well be empty slots. Of course you cannot proceed with just 2 items.

Enough mana for 1 cast is fine. You are supposed to use mana flasks until about lv 50, plus RC, and you leech the rest as long as you do some damage (which you currently don't). You are also using wrong gems. And if the mana is too tight you can leave the 6th socket empty. Or even put Reduced Mana into it.

Just fix your gear and follow the guide.

Thank you. After I posted that I went and bought some better gear closer to my current level. It helped out and I took the advice of someone I found in game using this build and got some mama flasks. They basically reiterated the same information you did above. I forgot that the gems increase the mana cost. If it comes to it I'll take one out. But I know I have the wrong gems currently. I don't have the right level for Spell Echo yet. That will help my damage and leech a lot I'm sure. But if that's not the only thing wrong let me know what else I can do to fix it.
"
well is either i mirror or sell and buy new one or trade to the color or use it but a bit different build ..

If you have a mirror level budget you can just buy a different chest. Or I can mirror a copy of mine for you in Standard. ES is not the goal anyway, you don't really need a 950 ES chest, it's just a luxury option.

"
WNxTyr4el wrote:
Thank you. After I posted that I went and bought some better gear closer to my current level. It helped out and I took the advice of someone I found in game using this build and got some mama flasks. They basically reiterated the same information you did above. I forgot that the gems increase the mana cost. If it comes to it I'll take one out. But I know I have the wrong gems currently. I don't have the right level for Spell Echo yet. That will help my damage and leech a lot I'm sure. But if that's not the only thing wrong let me know what else I can do to fix it.

You start with Faster Casting, then switch to Spell Echo in a few levels. CE is also quite a bit premature in your case. The 6th gem should be AoE until much later. Or Item Rarity (it costs no extra mana but can be very helpful if you are not well funded).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 20, 2016, 1:28:41 AM
I am running some sub optimal gear like this, but the build is working like a charm regardless:

The boots I quite like, but the gloves are not good. Destroyer regalia is not getting me the best ES, but I am still running around with good int and 6k+ ES and that seems to be enough for most things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info