[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I got my casting issues worked out,thanks for the help to you and the other member that offered solutions....I was missing that node and ring.
Anyway I had this lying there in my stash and wanted to try it out, it bumped up my ES by almost exactly 1K and dropped my Ice Storm damage by about 900... a fair trade off I think just to keep me safer.

Any thoughts on this?
Question:

I have 6L high Es chest but is 3 red 2 blue 1 green Mirror

What gem can i put instead

Since i cant put Ball lighting enfeeble Curse on hit i have 2 blue only
Red i can put CWTD and 2 more red option

green can either put temporal chain or Artic amour ..

Need Help on gem option
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
"
Question:

Need Help on gem option

Either option 1: lvl 20 cwdt - IC - inc dura - enfeeble - temp chains

Or option 2: lvl 1 cwdt - lvl 5 IC - lvl 5 warlords mark - lvl 5/20q temp chains - inc dura, combined with as much clarity as you can squeeze into the 35% mana reservation that got freed from no longer using blasphemy - warlords mark.

The difference between a lvl 5/20q and a lvl 20/20q temp chains isnt that big. Something like 40% slower vs 33% slower. On bosses, which is where you want temp chains the most, this reduces to 16% vs 13%... no biggie.

I like my enfeeble to be 20/20 though...

Option 2 is quite a massive change of kelvynn's build, so it might work out often, but sometimes fail. You would have to try it out to see if it works for you.

IMHO, unless your mirror'd 6L chest has superb stats, I would sell it, buy an ordinary chest from the currency you get and then stick to the original game plan.

"
You will get 1-shotted by the things that are meant to 1-shot. Some of them (Minotaur's ground roll, Shaper's teleport slam) are never used when you facetank them.

Just did shaper and he did teleport-slam me while I was facetanking him. Probably targeted one of my golems...
Last edited by Black_Gun on Oct 19, 2016, 3:48:21 AM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Question:

Need Help on gem option

Or option 2: lvl 1 cwdt - lvl 5 IC - lvl 5 warlords mark - lvl 5/20q temp chains - inc dura, combined with as much clarity as you can squeeze into the 35% mana reservation that got freed from no longer using blasphemy - warlords mark.

The difference between a lvl 5/20q and a lvl 20/20q temp chains isnt that big. Something like 40% slower vs 33% slower. On bosses, which is where you want temp chains the most, this reduces to 16% vs 13%... no biggie.

Option 2 is quite a massive change of kelvynn's build, so it might work out often, but sometimes fail. You would have to try it out to see if it works for you.

IMHO, unless your mirror'd 6L chest has superb stats, I would sell it, buy an ordinary chest from the currency you get and then stick to the original game plan.

"
You will get 1-shotted by the things that are meant to 1-shot. Some of them (Minotaur's ground roll, Shaper's teleport slam) are never used when you facetank them.

Just did shaper and he did teleport-slam me while I was facetanking him. Probably targeted one of my golems...

ok thanks a lot
my mirror es is a 943 with high resis and + int yea but the color gem was bad swap from mirror weapon

skyforth work also??
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 19, 2016, 4:22:15 AM
Came here thinking this was a budget build :D Now I'm 1,5 ex in and 2,5 ex to go till I have so much as a semblence of completion. Black sun Crest 1,5 ex, FML :D
"
Vallenhael wrote:
Came here thinking this was a budget build :D Now I'm 1,5 ex in and 2,5 ex to go till I have so much as a semblence of completion. Black sun Crest 1,5 ex, FML :D

if people are selling a simple unique like black sun for 1.5ex, it's not the build problem...
"
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Question:

Need Help on gem option

"

ok thanks a lot
my mirror es is a 943 with high resis and + int yea but the color gem was bad swap from mirror weapon

skyforth work also??

skyforth is not worth it for this build unless you have the most insane highend gear. the issue with skyforth is the following: it has no base int, which is very bad. it has low es, which is bad. it has no resists, which this build desperately needs. and the stun effect of skyforth doesnt provide stun immunity. so it will fail you in exactly those instances where you would have needed stun protection the most.

if you have a +1curse astramentis and are running with double legacy perandus and have your resists covered from the other gear pieces (you need 80+ total res on chest, gloves and belt for that!), then skyforth miiiight be worth it.

so long story short: dont use skyforth for this build. if you can afford skyforth, you can also afford to invest some 2-4ex into a pair of good rare boots that will outperform skyforth by a lot.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Oct 19, 2016, 6:31:52 AM
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Vallenhael wrote:

if people are selling a simple unique like black sun for 1.5ex, it's not the build problem...

That's probably for 15% inc int, I got 12% one almost for free. (ESC)
"
Dunkleosteus wrote:
I got my casting issues worked out,thanks for the help to you and the other member that offered solutions....I was missing that node and ring.
Anyway I had this lying there in my stash and wanted to try it out, it bumped up my ES by almost exactly 1K and dropped my Ice Storm damage by about 900... a fair trade off I think just to keep me safer.

Any thoughts on this?

Still the same mantra:
Damage > ES
900dmg less Icestorm is huge while 1k ES is kinda meh.
"
3bygone3 wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Vallenhael wrote:

That's probably for 15% inc int, I got 12% one almost for free. (ESC)

yea the build is not really budget
even i buy a cheap glove shoes it cost me 1 ex - 2ex for it

the gem i think i will go for cheap gem instead of quality or 21 till i rich again hehe
Enjoy Legacy!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info