Orion - the hunter - a god with the bow - cheap, insane DPS, fun as hell - Get ready for 2.5 version

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
"
KissMyBlade wrote:
notable changes that affect this build:

Reach of the Council: Its added damage has been lowered from (25-40 to 100-115) to (15-30 to 70-95). Its local increased physical damage has been reduced from (50%-70%) to (40%-50%). Given the large number of additional projectiles this bow provides, it doesn't need the incredibly large damage bonus. It essentially has a built-in GMP which you could use a damage support in place of.

Poison now deals 8% of Physical and Chaos damage as Chaos Damage for 2 seconds (down from 10%). While we have future plans to fix Poison (addressing double dipping), this nerf brings it slightly more in line until we can make those changes.

Not that bad, what do you guys think?

well, as the maker of the build, the build is relying on many machanics, some got nerfed:

1. now the daeth's opus is the endgame (unless some new unique bow will come out, or some super rolled rare 50ex bow will be on the market) - death's opus nerf is 23%
2. the pierce gem nerf - 10% nerf
3. the poison nerf - 20% nerf

so if I did 14KK DPS, now i'll do 7.7KK (wich is about total of about 40% less) - I think it will still rape all things :D

I agree I was at the point where I was just using faster projectiles and attacks instead of SP and PPAD with Tshot and just breezing through higher maps. Is death's opus getting nerfed as well?

Was curious what you thought about using rigwald's quiver on standard vs the plus one drill neck. I've primary switched to shot since I got a good enchant helm and it clears faster.

Opus is not getting a nerf, and about the quiver, it's a pierce build, taking that off will half your DPS (drillneck & pierce gem loss)

TS is nice, bad for this build for rare reflect (at least with my gear)
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
yeah I forgot about the pierce bonus. I have one shot myself towards the end of the league several time not paying enough attention to map mods :)
I'm in a bit of a dilemma between this build which is fun (Currently level 49 Marauder) and picking a ranger or shadow for a bow build. Fairly new to the game but what would you recommend in terms of speed farming of the 3 classes?

I personally like the 2H Axe and just the overall feel of the build that I am following but at times I feel like using a bow build with shadow/ranger maybe quicker at killing.

Thanks!
update ?

thx
GWENIH

"
bonzaidu64 wrote:
update ?

thx

nothing to update, same build, good DPS, but less than last time
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
Last edited by rel4us on Sep 3, 2016, 4:41:04 PM
daeth's opus or council spine bow for endgame bow?
When do you guys start using barrage? I am at act 4 cruel and barrage is not that good yet, im using deaths harp and a 4 link barrage.
"
daeth's opus or council spine bow for endgame bow?

opus from my last patch tests, you may try it yoursalf
"
KissMyBlade wrote:
When do you guys start using barrage? I am at act 4 cruel and barrage is not that good yet, im using deaths harp and a 4 link barrage.

I used it from the point I can use 1 volley fire
"
rel4us wrote:
"
KissMyBlade wrote:

I used it from the point I can use 1 volley fire

Thanks! I figured that out, now its working ok, super fun!

btw, have u seen the new ruby flask unique?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dying_Sun

Maybe, with this flask we dont get restricted to death opus. We can use a decently crafted harbingers bow and use that flask for more projectiles. It is a shaper drop though , so super late game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info