[2.3] "Blender Rebirth" : Dual Wielding Axe / Sword Lacerate

"
Kormir wrote:
Hey everyone,

A little "bump" in order to keep everyone up to date about what's the Guide offers now and where it is heading.

During these 2 days, I tried to give as much details about my way of thinking for this build, from what I knew already to what I was expecting or what I wanted to try for this build.
In order to make it more versatile, I made 2 differents "Setups" for 2 different playstyle in order to satisfy what everyone (or most of) wanted from this Guide.

There is then 2 Setups fully (at least for now) detailled, from the Gems Setup, to the Skill Tree, Gear, Jewels.... Everything I directly thought about. I think you can find yourself in one of the setup, a more Offensive one or a more Defensive one, so everyone is happy.

And since this Attack Gem isn't released yet, I made some assumptions in order to keep me working on that Guide even when it'll feel completed for me. From the different Gems Setup possible, or Weapons, I want to try everything in order to offer only what I think is best.

So feel free to comment / criticize (as long as it is constructive), I will really appreciate it, any idea is welcomed !

I'd recommend adding in there somewhere in regards to the Gladiator, that having a weapon, or both weapons use the Vagan Level 7 mod "Causes Bleeding On Hit" will help clear speed a tonne, as it would proc bleed explosion quite frequently.
IGN: Ikbosh
Hey Ikbosh,

"
Ikbosh wrote:
I'd recommend adding in there somewhere in regards to the Gladiator, that having a weapon, or both weapons use the Vagan Level 7 mod "Causes Bleeding On Hit" will help clear speed a tonne, as it would proc bleed explosion quite frequently.

Yeah, really good idea, for sure. I think it's something that, if you manage to get good weapons with this mod it can give a pretty sick boost of clear speed.

Your comment gave me the idea of a new Part for my "Gear Setup" part : "Min Maxing" in which I'll try to give the stats that you can aim for in order to get BiS (difficult but worth in the end) but which aren't mendatory in order to play the build through the whole game.
Well, for the moment, your idea is the first, best and only one in there but yeah, good thought !

And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
Wait a second, I just remembered looking at a build Guide to using 2 Dyadus with Elemental Equilibrium.
Lacerate would be perfect for that.
Hey Pyrollusion,

"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Wait a second, I just remembered looking at a build Guide to using 2 Dyadus with Elemental Equilibrium.
Lacerate would be perfect for that.

I think that Lacerate is a really good skill for a purpose like this one due to the fact that attack alternates. You'll be able to proc EE pretty much all the time and, thus, have a pretty huge damage output.
I think it can works but, not my goal. I may look into it later, but right now I've many other things to check and write. But obviously, I think that you can end up with something pretty strong if well done.
Neat! Was looking for something to mess around with lacerate
I've been thinking about going for almost the same build but is the little extra dmg you get from going sword really worth it? like would the difference be that big in comparison? I feel like axe would be a much better choice..
Hey both of you,

"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Neat! Was looking for something to mess around with lacerate

I'm happy you found what you were searching for, but keep up in mind the fact that some details may change after release.

"
BasedDong wrote:
I've been thinking about going for almost the same build but is the little extra dmg you get from going sword really worth it? like would the difference be that big in comparison? I feel like axe would be a much better choice..

Well, the fact that there is no such things as test for this skill for now, I can't be 100% sure of that fact. However, by looking at the sword nodes and the Gladiator one, I am pretty sure that the Sword version will have a faster clearspeed and more damage, it'll be overall better in term of damage. However, I don't know the exact value so it may be only a little bit or a huge chunk so... Have to wait and see.
About the Axe version, for my playstyle it'll be better due to the fact that I mostly run brainless int the melee, but many people may enjoy the Sword version more, everyone is different, and since I have no in depth informations, I can't affirm anything yet.
Hey everyone,

So, quick update right before launch with the last informations I managed to find.

These informations I found on the reddit post about the 5 news skills (data from the Wiki) :https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mc3va/data_the_5_new_skills_with_stats_lacerate_vortex/

But only one bit is useful to us : Lacerate data !!
http://i.imgur.com/VEyh3Ys.png

So, first of all, the skill is pretty amazing to me. Well, we already knew the 30% less Attack Speed, so nothing new about the huge downside. But the other stats, I can assure you, it'll be huge.
The Damage Multiplier is, for a skill used than can be used with One Handed Weapons, I think it isn't as bad as some people thought. Some people will obviously say "Yeah but each wave deal only half of the amount". Yeah, sure... For what comes next the skill need to get some downside about damage (even if you can manage it with the Skill Tree itself but yeah, why not).

But there come the best part for me. The massive (enormous) Radius of Area increase. The skill itself come with 19% at level 20 which is not that bad for a skill only. The quality add up to 10% at 20% to those 19%, which end up at 29%. With what we saw about the Demo, 29% can make these waves pretty massive. But now, if we had the 39% of a level 20 Increased Area of Effect and the 15% of the Skill Tree, we end up at 83% of Increased Area of Effect, for a skill with a decent base AoE. For me it's ridiculous and is I think the fact that makes this skill really viable to use.

At this moment, still no in game test so more updates will come after release :)
I assume this is for SC? Do you think this would be HC worthy?
Hey zankioh,

"
zankioh wrote:
I assume this is for SC? Do you think this would be HC worthy?

The build at first was only made for HardCore with the Axe x2 Setup while being Champion. The Sword x2 Gladiator setup was added thanks to VHBegh & Ikbosh ideas.

You can still do both either in HC or SC, however the Gladiator setup is way less defensive than the other one, so it depends on yourself and your limits while playing.

And for sure my Defensive Setup is HC worthy since it's the build I attend to use during the Prophecy HC league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info