[2.3] "Blender Rebirth" : Dual Wielding Axe / Sword Lacerate

i love this build but attributes requirements are killing me. Its hard to find ammys/rings with what you need. Other than that i really like this build ;P. Also i think i might go versatile combatant instead of outmatch and outlast because "better be safe than sorry" ;P
Last edited by Terrony on Jun 7, 2016, 9:31:46 PM
Hey,

"
i love this build but attributes requirements are killing me. Its hard to find ammys/rings with what you need. Other than that i really like this build ;P. Also i think i might go versatile combatant instead of outmatch and outlast because "better be safe than sorry" ;P

So, for the attributes requirements, I totally agree that some of them are really difficult and time consuming to get, but in the end, it's really useful. Some gem can wait end game to be fully leveled since it's pretty difficult to get enough Intelligence with this tree ^^
And for the tree, you see for yourself what's the best to match your gameplay.

"
Loudstorm wrote:
Thanks for the build. I think I fell in love.
I had some mana problems too, it can be solved easy by picking Mana Leech + Life & Mana Leech ASAP. Only 3 points for 0.8% it's perfect. It let you run more utility flasks, for example Granite Flask+Stibnite Flask+Jade Flask. With fortify it keep you alive at any boss.
For Fortify I can recommend Vigilant Strike, before you get your Cruel Ascendancy. If you have tabula, add Fortify gem to main skill. Lack of Intellect won't let you use Increased Area of Effect early and this gem will improve your DPS. I had about ~6.5k at lvl 60 with tabula.
Only thing I dislike here it Lacerate skill itself, rather it's mechanics with Multistrke support. For example when you fight Izaro, first two swings attack Izaro and other 4 will attack random enimes in skill range. I don't know how to prevent it. I think it might be problem on map bosses with minions.

I totally agree with your first part, the Mana Leech is totally worth getting but since I didn't knew when the skill would be a real pain to use with a mana pot, I left it pretty late in the tree path.
For the Fortify part, I'm actually running without it but just farming far enough to get Normal + Cruel Lab done in one go. I pretty much manage to survive without it, but if you feel that it's something you need to use, Vigilant Strike can be viable for sure.
And for last, your point on the Multistrike mechanic on Lacerate, I agree once again. When you end up in the middle of a monster pack, it gets pretty messy very fast so it can be a pain to play. The only way I found for now to prevent it is positionning... There nothing else I know of atm that would make it easier to use...

And for Archimtiros,

First of all, if you had read my post you would have seen the "a friend pointed out" so the first part of your message is, once again, pretty much unnecessary..
After that, the "you don't need to have current experience with something to be able to understand how they work", well, it's pretty wrong in most case. Many things can appear as filthy at first, but may be good in the end. On top of that, if I had followed what reddit told me on the skill, people who said they knew how the skill works, my guide wouldn't be as it is. Experience is the base of knowledge since it's way better to know things for yourself than base your understanding of what's surrounding you simply on what other people thinks.
"If your logic held through, that would imply that you had no basis of understanding either, which we both know isn't true for a well reasoned individual.", well that's pretty much how I was at first, I had no idea if just one part of my idea would work. I was totally blinded by the fact that the skill had a new mechanics and, based on my experience, things may end up totally different from what I expected, same as when Earthquake or Ice Crash were released.
"It may be your guide, but thinking only your point of view matters is just plain egotistical", just this sentence makes me feel like you just read what I say as global and not my answers to other people : the Sword x2 setup is based on my very first comments on my guide, I answered people who had an idea for a EE build and things like that. How can I be egotistical with that ? Just tell me so I can see for myself how I went wrong.
On top of that, you say that I didn't argumented why I didn't liked your answer ?
"Since the Gladiator setup is inspired by Ikbosh first idea, it is, in a way, a build to use with a Rumi's Concoction, so the Block won't be an issue, and I can assure you that." = X
"The goal wasn't to be full offensive as I explained in my guide" = Y
No argument, for sure, the Gladiator setup is based on someone else idea but sure, I have no argument why I think this way and not another way... yeah, I totally agree.
After that, you say that your post was simply a suggestion... How can you suggest to remove one of the only defense the build have just to get a little more damage, where did you found it worth ?
Not a "un-defensive" build, yeah sure, a build with no armor, only 187% life at level 100 which makes the only real defense of the build, 6 or 7 Endurance Charges for a melee character. That's sums up why your idea was bad.
About the fact that you dare tell an opinion.. Well about half of people comments on my guide are different opinion than mine, did I said something bad to them ? Well no.
And to end with your comment, you say that I'm the one making a mountain.... I answered your first comment with my point of view in about 5 lines. Your answer is about 5x bigger than my first answer, and you start to comment every single thing I said... Maybe you need to read again everything to see better.

And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
"
Kormir wrote:

First of all, if you had read my post you would have seen the "a friend pointed out" so the first part of your message is, once again, pretty much unnecessary..

Obviously not, as it "made you laugh a bit inside", and my point was that I do have plenty of experience with the build concept.

I'm not going to bother responding to the rest, as it's a wall of near incomprehensible text. I made a suggestion, if you don't like it, that's your problem. Don't be so haughty as to think you're right about everything.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 8, 2016, 1:23:45 PM
@Kormir

What do you think about this helmet setup?

Ancestral Protector | Melee Splash | Melee Physical Damage | Faster Attacks (or Increased Duration)

Main point it's 10-20% of attack speed from totem buff, which helpful on bosses. It also slightly buff survivability. For example Izaro fights, 50% of time Goddess of Justice attacking totem with Barrage.

You can use this skill from beginning (And can't CWDT), totem have same tooltip DPS as Lacerate upon level 30 or close to it.
Last edited by Loudstorm on Jun 8, 2016, 3:09:29 PM
Found a pretty cool jewel in Prophecy Hardcore with 15% increased axe damage and 15% area of effect damage, and then regalled 15% increased phys damage!

Pretty excited haha, might have to try my first exalt ever to see if I can roll life
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Jun 9, 2016, 12:59:15 AM
I am playing and enjoying a dual wielding Lacerate gladiator in PHC (lvl 71) whose build is inspired by your build. Thank you for pointing me in this direction ;)

A link to my passive tree for the interested exile:

I use a Bringer of Rain helmet together with two of the new unique Scaeva swords. It gives about 250 pdps together with useful mods like 8% block chance in off hand slot for low budget. Plus you can use Whirling Blades.
Last edited by smells_funny on Jun 9, 2016, 7:29:36 AM
Last time I killed cruel Izaro at lvl 59 and about 3k HP + 6L tabula setup. Today I killed cruel Izaro at lvl 58 with 4L and 2.3k HP only. Build is really tanky for it's lvl, full barrage only halves your HP.

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHnBS0OPBHVEuETTBPJFE0UcRXsF-EYkRpVIWAm-CyFLlMwdzXvNug6UjrtQzFGaUd-TP9OMleXWf5aGmBBYSFjcGRSZU1lp3Ttdqx673vUfNmBQYIHhJSE2YTvhVKJcYrwj2CRzqLqrY2uULkdu-28n702vqfBi8GjwzPEgsqQz37Tb9ZY2WHZfNrB4mHpRuoY7FzyQfcy-Ov8S_5r

Gems: Lacerate + faster attacks + fortify + multistrike
Jewel: 0.26% mana leech and 11% dmg. Leech not really needed, you have it from tree.
Flasks: Jade (of heat), Granite (of reflexes 61%), Stibnite (of iron skin 78%) and two Sanctified Life Flasks.

I highly recommend get two other flasks with total uses of 3.

If you have 5 or 6 links item, you can swap your points from axes passives: Cleave and Slaughter to Born to Fight and Heart of the Warrior. It will give you same amount of DPS with 3k HP total.

This is record from stream if you interested how it looks in action: https://www.twitch.tv/loud_storm/v/71435547

Full lab from 00:09:00 to 00:39:00

00:18:00 - first encounter [portals]
00:29:00 - second encounter [gargoyles]
00:38:00 - third encounter [spikes and roombas]

P.s. Second was pain for me, GGG should fix Lacerate aiming.

HC Balls confirmed :)
Last edited by Loudstorm on Jun 9, 2016, 12:54:31 PM
Would this work with Bringer of Rain, so I just can revive my old duelist?
"
Would this work with Bringer of Rain, so I just can revive my old duelist?

If you have legacy BoR I guess.
"
smells_funny wrote:
I am playing and enjoying a dual wielding Lacerate gladiator in PHC (lvl 71) whose build is inspired by your build. Thank you for pointing me in this direction ;)

A link to my passive tree for the interested exile:

I use a Bringer of Rain helmet together with two of the new unique Scaeva swords. It gives about 250 pdps together with useful mods like 8% block chance in off hand slot for low budget. Plus you can use Whirling Blades.

I'm playing a very similar build with 2x Scaeva and it's incredible. I'm on softycore though and invested in some crit nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info