When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

"
Boem wrote:
People need to understand that there is nothing wrong with "disliking the lab".

Just like some people dislike trading, maps or a certain act.

If you like it, chain it. If not, complete it for the points and move the fuck on. The end.

Go eat a snickers if that logic doesn't satisfy you.

Peace,

-Boem-

^

This is why I just stuck with the status quo (mapping) and just bought what I needed.

Was incredibly easy in Perandus, you have people who are basically working *for you* as they are running the lab for challenges.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
You run company that produces bread. People need to eat bread but your bread taste like shit. People have tons of choices and go buy bread from company who's bread doesn't taste like shit.

Nah, the bread tastes good, that's why we're still here, it just looks a bit on the bad side and cutting it yourself is annoying. The other companies sell you bread that looks better and it's already sliced for your convenience, but the taste isn't as good and you can't eat it for extended periods of time.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 27, 2016, 9:14:40 AM
Just to be clear, personally I could tolerate the lab if it was just for ascendency.
I could even tolerate the lab for enchants if there was a less rng gated system in place for getting them (read FAR less rng).

What I cannot tolerate is setting in place this crazy rng gated end game lab hunt for enchants. Basically uber atziri all over again.
I can guess how endgame enchant hunting will go.
I see 3 main categories.

1. People that can afford to buy endless keys from players who happen across trials in low lvl maps, will run them and sell them for huge profit.
2. People that cant do it will sell the keys for small profit and never be able to afford the enchant.
3. People that can do it but cant afford to buy endless amounts of keys will be forced to run low tier maps to find trials to find keys to run lab to never get the crazy rng gated enchant.

Also note that trading for the enchant will not always be possible depending on what helm (possibly rare) that the enchant is needed on.

This is why it reminds me so much of uber atziri.

My 2 questions to GGG are.
1. What small % of the playerbase ever ran atziri let alone uber?
2. Is that a good investment of "donators" money?

While hunting for eq reduced duration I must have got about 5 golem elemental resistance enchants.
IF anybody who got 5 eq reduced duration enchants whilst looking for golem resistance plz let me know. Because the picture I get from talking to friends and guildies is that enchants are not evenly weighted but weighted to cause as much grief as possible.
"
Boem wrote:

If you like it, chain it. If not, complete it for the points and move the fuck on. The end.

Peace,

-Boem-
its like if you have a job and all of a sudden your boss comes and tell you " Ill give you a 30% raise if you shove a pineapple in ur butt".

Some people would do it without question because they like it, some would do it because its a 30% raise despite the pain.Some will question it asking " can i do something else to have that raise, i dont like doing what you ask me"

the later are the people publicly saying their dislike of the lab

Labyrinth is a Pineapple you know where for a lot of people, its a major pain in the ass even if you must do it once In a while

Being not frequent doesn't change the fact it sucks

note: i tried to use the most politically correct wordings in order to respect the forum rules but this needs a strong image to show how uncomfortable the lab is for most people
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
in our case it's easy to figure it out.....no need for polls

remove ascend points and challenges from lab

see how many people play lab

Would that be really show anything? How many people would run Atziri and Uber Atziri if they removed her special drops? How many people would run any area if they took away the rewards? If they took away the skill point fom the king crab, would anybody run that area? If they took away the skill point from the bust quest, how many people would run the marketplace sewer? How many people would run Malachai if it wasn't the gateway to the next difficutly? If the whole game before maps had no rewards and was a "side quest", how many people would just skip it and just run maps? Would that mean that people hate all these things? Or would that just mean that people would rather do something else?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on May 27, 2016, 9:48:30 AM
I tried it once. I found it laborious, but it's required for Ascendancy points so you're forced into doing it. The first time I did it, I finally just gave up because it was boring. Not one character of mine had an Ascendancy point this league.
"
raics wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
You run company that produces bread. People need to eat bread but your bread taste like shit. People have tons of choices and go buy bread from company who's bread doesn't taste like shit.

Nah, the bread tastes good, that's why we're still here, it just looks a bit on the bad side and cutting it yourself is annoying. The other companies sell you bread that looks better and it's already sliced for your convenience, but the taste isn't as good and you can't eat it for extended periods of time.

Yes, we are still here because most of the bread is delicious, better then most out there.

But part of the bread for me is rotten, like lab and some other things which are not important here.

In this game, like in life, when you create something good, something fun with high quality you will get praises. Like Lostartz, guy who created that new end game chest piece. He created something fun and really good. People thanked him, praised him cause he deserved it. He and people like him should continue that way. GGG didnt create end game unique in more then a year.

On the other hand when you create something bad, that is boring, tedious, not fun like lab, people will criticize it.

See my point? Lostartz creates something great - praises and no criticism
GGG lab - shit ton of criticism and few "i am ok with it"

GGG created this great game with so many good sides and i am thankful, i didn't buy any suporter packs cause i dont care about mtx, but i have 30+ premium tabs and few currency tabs.

But when GGG pulls bad moves and do bad things to this game, i will criticize.
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

That's nice and simple thinking. Not really how it works though. The lab is getting more and more entangled into the core game. If you could ignore it great, but you can't. Forcing this shit content onto people is just bad for business. I like making alts, i don't enjoy it any longer because of the lab. Game just went from main game to a few days because they want to force this shit. And i'm not the only one that thinks like that. Not a single dime from me till they remove this bullshit.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
GGG created this great game with so many good sides and i am thankful, i didn't buy any suporter packs cause i dont care about mtx, but i have 30+ premium tabs and few currency tabs.

But when GGG pulls bad moves and do bad things to this game, i will criticize.

Fair enough, as well as we all should, we aren't here to unconditionally pat their backs.

However, we should probably understand that it's still too early to gauge the influence of Labyrinth on the game and that Chris probably has enough reason to be optimistic. If he has 500k people out there in Perandus with high level chars, none of them is still in his basic class and meanwhile 200 or so people are complaining I suppose putting some more work in the Labyrinth would be considered the right thing to do, as there isn't any evidence that playerbase violently rejects it. It's kind of like feeding a baby something different, you go little by little and go back to the usual mush only if it instantly throws up.

Now, if next league reels in less players while devs aren't doing anything significantly different from the usual and the next one even less with number of complaints growing, it would be time to reconsider the whole thing.

So, the point is Chris didn't grab just any pineapple from the shelf, he carefully chose the right size for an average arsehole.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 27, 2016, 10:33:21 AM
Thing is.. most guys that whiteknight about lab might have forget that Chris said the same thing about Pvp and that shitty stream league.
He was SO SURE it was good he went derp saying it was a huge succes.

Yeah. We can see that today I guess.

People just can't accept that something coming from GGG CAN be a bad feature/idea.
And yet, past has prove us (the baddies saying something is bad) right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info