When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

I think lab haters are majority as for enchant I dont think i would enjoyu doing that in map lab.
Last edited by Puraime on May 27, 2016, 12:35:41 AM
I had to vote hated it because I'm definitely not neutral about it being a mandatory, uninteresting forced challenge to gain ascendancy. I accepted it, dealt with it and forgot about it once I got what I wanted.

This poll says lab haters is a minority. Accurate or not, GGG responded positively already by cutting lab runs (in a way) and adjusting trap damage fair to both Life/ES builds (fingers crossed). No matter how big/small the voices are, this proves that they do read between the lines and see to it that they hear from both camps. That is where I found my peace with this monstrosity, knowing that nothing falls on deaf ears.
Feel obligated to say I am a lab hater too. I don't think anything will change this season. Hopefully next.
So much BS about liking / disliking Lab ...

Truth is noone can, unless there is a poll at the end of the lab asking for feedback. No matter what website your poll is hosted on it's a small percentage of the pop, and you guys know it stop acting like you have the absolute truth ... Not even GGG have it
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
One thing about labyrinth haters is they probably have little experience with other online games, this is how class promotion is done in a generic online f2p action rpg.

Promotion one
- go and kill 25 pointlessangs and 40 wasteoftimeoids
- clear troll's canyon of forever alone under five minutes
- collect 15 pieces of crap that sometimes drop from abyssal dung beetle
or buy promotion medal 1 from cash store for 200 points

Promotion two
- collect 250 bottles of ketchup from tomato type monsters
- defeat pimpmaster the pompadour 5 times
- defeat assholio the badass with a huge scythe 10 times
- collect 100 sources of ultimate evil from a specific monster type that spawns rarely
or buy promotion medal 2 from cash shop for 1000 points

Even the first one usually takes a lot more time to finish than a single lab run and the second one is tweaked to really stretch your patience, both are infinitely more boring than lab.

On the flip side, those other games have the option to buy an ascendancy class, so they have a legitimate excuse to be very annoying about it, it's understandable no matter how unsavory the whole business may be. I guess the most dissatisfaction with labyrinth stems from the fact that players can't see a good reason for it, in order to make it accessible to all possible build setups they made it fairly trivial for most. The net result is it forces you to do something else 3x15 minutes per character and damn if I understand what kind of effect that may have in the big picture.

I did say back then it may come back to bite them in the ass at some point, if people come to play your game that means they like what they're getting. Labyrinth doesn't really fit the rest of the game so it was a big gamble.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 27, 2016, 4:49:45 AM
"
raics wrote:
One thing about labyrinth haters is they probably have little experience with other online games, this is how class promotion is done in a generic online f2p action rpg.

Promotion one
- go and kill 25 pointlessangs and 40 wasteoftimeoids
- clear troll's canyon of forever alone under five minutes
- collect 15 pieces of crap that sometimes drop from abyssal dung beetle
or buy promotion medal 1 from cash store for 200 points

Promotion two
- collect 250 bottles of ketchup from tomato type monsters
- defeat pimpmaster the pompadour 5 times
- defeat assholio the badass with a huge scythe 10 times
- collect 100 sources of ultimate evil from a specific monster type that spawns rarely
or buy promotion medal 2 from cash shop for 1000 points

Even the first one usually takes a lot more time to finish than a single lab run and the second one is tweaked to really stretch your patience, both are infinitely more boring than lab.

On the flip side, those other games have the option to buy an ascendancy class, so they have a legitimate excuse to be very annoying about it, it's understandable no matter how unsavory the whole business may be. I guess the most dissatisfaction with labyrinth stems from the fact that players can't see a good reason for it, in order to make it accessible to all possible build setups they made it fairly trivial for most. The net result is it forces you to do something else 3x15 minutes per character and damn if I understand what kind of effect that may have in the big picture.

I did say back then it may come back to bite them in the ass at some point, if people come to play your game that means they like what they're getting. Labyrinth doesn't really fit the rest of the game so it was a big gamble.

??? hm I hate the lab very much and I have been playing online games a very long time anyone remember the pain of mid 90's? Anyway, experience in gaming is not the problem, the Lab is. Its FREAKING BORING.
What are the problems with the lab:

- it's frankly a terrible experience for HC players, I've done it on 3-4 HC chars without dying a single time but it's just as enjoyable as going to the dentist
- there's a theoretical chance of getting a crash in a trap field and while a lot of HC chars are built to be able to withstand the 7 second before the game drops you, that doesn't count for most traps

- I've received errors while in the lab a number of times and while an error in the other content is fine, an error while enterint the third Ascendancy trial makes you want to eat your monitor and strangle something with the power cable
- the helm enchants are an absurd, ridiculous RNG grind
- having to run the lab three times after an ascendancy respec, with a char who facerolls the merc lab, doesn't make any sense. I don't want the fucking enchants, I just want my ascendancy points and I kill merc Izaro with my eyes closed, why the fuck should I run the normal and cruel lab again? To enjoy the trap fields and endless corridors?
- tho the fuck thought it would be enjoyable to a sizeable portion of the players to play an arcade-style minigame in an ARPG? If it's optional, fine. If it's mandatory, not so much.

Bottomline: although I (barely) tolerate the lab and I run it out of necessity and although I've never lost a character to it, it's a part of the game I despise. Combined with what I've seen in the forum and what I've heard from all my friends and guildies (not a single one who actually enjoys doing that shit), I find Chris's statement about the 'vocal minority' very, very strange.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 27, 2016, 6:04:13 AM
Just voted again. Does that mean my opinion is twice as important than people who only voted once or am I just a more vocal minority?

Or maybe strawpolls are absolutely worthless for representing anything as the can be played like that.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
Just voted again. Does that mean my opinion is twice as important than people who only voted once or am I just a more vocal minority?

Or maybe strawpolls are absolutely worthless for representing anything as the can be played like that.

This, and also these guys fail to realize that again, the location where the poll is posted have specific population : reddit, game forums ...

Anyone that have been playing more than one game knows that forums are usually toxic wastepools, so yeah those strawpolls are the absolute truth about life !
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
i love how lab haters attack the lab's mechanics and flaws
while lab lovers attack... the lab haters and the poll's integrity
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info