The Endgame Labyrinth

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/7257403/rdont need to say more...

I voted in the featured "presidential election" poll at the bottom instead.

"
Vhlad wrote:
It's also concerning that as of yet there's no announced solution for hybrid or especially low life builds, which take significantly more trap damage than CI or pure life builds.

There's a lot of investment and hurdles to overcome to make an endgame low life build. It's disappointing to see them so heavily penalized in lab content.

I did it as a low-life build, and it only forced me to get really good at avoiding trap damage as much as possible WHILE being able to be super quick. Did die occasionally, but I think the trade-off was worth it in the end ; )

.... buuuuut in terms of balance, it is indeed less fair for the CI/low-life people.
"
Completing it unlocks two additional Ascendancy points (for a total of eight).

That's it, i'm out.

Adding an end-game labyrinth through maps = awesome, more stuff to do and progress in maps.

Giving 2 ascendancy points at the end to this content that could be optional and fun = adding to the mandatory grind and bad experience that the labyrinth already is, now just more grindy, no thanks. :/
Farming for enchantments was already pretty mind numbing. With the addition of this 4th lab, I strongly urge that you guys at the very least add the option of keeping your current enchant when trying to add a new one.
"
Ockweird wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
It's also concerning that as of yet there's no announced solution for hybrid or especially low life builds, which take significantly more trap damage than CI or pure life builds.

There's a lot of investment and hurdles to overcome to make an endgame low life build. It's disappointing to see them so heavily penalized in lab content.

I did it as a low-life build, and it only forced me to get really good at avoiding trap damage as much as possible WHILE being able to be super quick. Did die occasionally, but I think the trade-off was worth it in the end ; )

.... buuuuut in terms of balance, it is indeed less fair for the CI/low-life people.

It's doable but it's not enjoyable when you feel like your build is being unfairly penalized, especially with the addition of a competitive ladder with rewards. From an efficiency standpoint there's no comparison. I'd rather take my life build and consistently complete 4 minute lab runs than any low life ES build that has to be more careful, can't pot, and takes almost double the trap damage as pure life or CI.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Cryptoplasty wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/7257403/rdont need to say more...

I voted in the featured "presidential election" poll at the bottom instead.

let me guess, you voted 10/10 for lab and Hilary
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
TBH, there is NOTHING more unsatisfying then dying to a fucking lab trap in HC. lol.
This will be fun! It's just too bad that I probably won't notice the sentinel traps because I'm already dealing gobs of damage to everything in my path.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
For the love of dominus, Make enchants a tradeable consumable item that you get from the end of the lab. It will add another layer of trading to the game, and will give access to a lot more players. Or allow a method of moving of enchants from one helm to another at the expense of currency or the old item or something... Or as others said, you 'learn' enchants that you can then add on a crafting bench at the end of the lab. Each run you could either learn a new one, or add an enchant that would be a much better system that makes people still do the lab.

Like, Its a good idea and adds depth to builds but the RNG of it is discouraging and it doesn't allow casual players access because it's too time consuming.

And then there is the hybrid builds that can't access it at all, I'm currently having to drag people through the lab and there in there mid 80's and can't do merc lab yet...
Last edited by Lynxdragon on May 24, 2016, 10:39:29 PM
4th lab is something that we don't need.

3labs is boring enough. Also, 8 ascendancy points tells me u gonna nerf a lot the current ascendancy points forcing people to run the end-game lab to get ur 8 points and full potential of a build and back to what we had here with 6 points. It says to me classes will still the same than before but with 8 points instead of 6. With the bad part of being bound to run a 4th lab and more labs trials ( OMFG NO PLZ ) while doing maps after merciles campaign.

Not cool.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 24, 2016, 10:41:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info