SellMeOnEbay's Righteous Fire Double totem (New video lvl 61 Fellshrine= ))

That is a really nice build :)

Changing single route on your passive tree TO THIS makes spending points a bit better - prestidigitation instead of some int nodes. I understand you want to get celestial walker next, but you will get it without useless int nodes in same number of points with this. By getting points on the top you can also grab avoid cast interruption if you want later.

Elemental weakness as addition to flammability will really be nice. I understand you are already considering it but you should probably spend some currency and trade for it, it will just make your game more comfortable. Since your DPS is not that great casting 2 offensive curses on a rare with purity+regeneration will save you quite a bit of time and clicking.

___
Some other - not so great but worth considering things:

Getting charges and conduit for party play - with 2 curses (possibly more if you wear Doedre's ring or Windscream) and some auras you are already a great support character, you also don't really need to invest in more damage. Conduit is just 1 point from your current build and it's possible for you to get every single charge.
Charge generation: enduring cry for endurance charges (obviously); frenzy and power siphon (possibly with multiple projectiles) and resolute technique (2 points away from you). Without resolute technique your chance to hit would be low but it's still viable.

Spectral bond makes you unable to deal damage with spells, but culling strike on power siphon still works. Additionally you can link power siphon with increased rarity and quantity. Not only you will finish bosses easier but also get more loot :)
Last edited by globbi on Mar 5, 2013, 6:56:32 AM
pretty cool build. I read through most of this topic but it is kinda a mess :P

Do I understand it right if the damage from this works as following:

-damagerate (dps) depends at your health.
-maximum amount of damage depends on totem health, because it stops dealing damage when totem is at 1 hp.

-biggest issue is the range of RF, that is why many skillpoints must be invested into increasing the range.

-Damage can be increased a lot by using flammability/elemental weakness.

With these 4 points in my mind I tryed to optimise a skilltree, first thing I wondered about your skilltree is why you didnt take the totem nodes in themiddle, there is even a node that increases totem range by a massive 15%

I understand you were new to the game so probably didnt put much thought into the build when starting it, but why did you start as templar if you dont need manaregeneration and elemental damage is also useless right?

Do you need castspeed for casting the totems faster? Castspeed can easily be taken at the templar or at the middle area.

So, here is the endgame skilltree I made, starting as marauder:

Assuming the use of kaom's heart, since you only need a 4link, and some good health/str items, since you dont need anything else anyway, you can reach about 11000 hitpoints with this skilltree. By lvling further as lvl 90, there are some more ncie HP nodes in the ranger starting area and getting that dex would allow you to run a higher haste aura in case you would like to run that aura (for castspeed/runspeed).

Special note: Do you know if pain attunement enhances the damage of RF? I was looking for weapons with health besides a +45 STR rare scepter or something and came across redbeak, if the damage multiplier from this sword would work that would be awesome.
IGN: Imolt or Immek
Check my priced shop:
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/203445[/url]
Last edited by paljarro on Mar 8, 2013, 7:07:35 PM
The totem deals 50% of ur max health as dmg, nothing else than more life and curses can increase the damage. The totem is down after one tick cause it burns with 100% of ur max life per second, so u need to constantly recast totems.
Totem range is for ranged totems i guess, wont increase ur RF aoe.
Yes I understand.

In order to make this build as strong as possible we have to find out how long it takes before the totem dies. If this for example takes 2 seconds, then we dont need any extra castspeed since righteous fire has 1 second cast animation and so we can cast 2 totems each 2 seconds. However it is likely that the totem will die (much) faster as in 2 seconds, so we need to improve our castspeed and our health as much as possible. As long as the totems die before we manage to recast them castspeed is actually the only stat we need (and totem life).

So I made a new skilltree with about any single castspeed node ,aswell as the 22% totem life node and the other wanted nodes:

This tree gives 50% castspeed. faster casting will give another 49% castspeed. 14% from haste and 26% from jewelry and 19% from weapon will give a total of 150-158% increased castspeed, so casting a totem will take ~0.40 seconds.

The skilltree has less strength and also only about 250% increased HP, so we will only reach about 8-9k hitpoints and thus the dps is hardcapped at 8-9k dps (with enough castspeed to resummon the totems before they reach 1HP.)

Check my priced shop:
Is this right?

The totem dies after one tick (one second)

In that second, the totem does 50% of your max health as damage, regardless of totem health

The totem does less damage if you have fire resists

With ancestral bond, you can use righteous fire (without totem) and not take damage, but still deal damage
I belive ticks in poe are 0.01 second, that is why I assumed the totem dies before 1 second. But I dont have much experience with RF, so if its true that it deals half the HP damage once each second then only 100% castrspeed is needed to cast a totem each 0.50 second and also totem life would indeed not be needed.
I hardly doubt your 3rd and 4th point are true.

Anyway, allthough I find this build very interesting and would like to experiment with it. I dont think the build is worth it without Kaom's, so I will not make it (yet).
Check my priced shop:
Last edited by paljarro on Mar 11, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
"
kurlie wrote:
Is this right?

In that second, the totem does 50% of your max health as damage, regardless of totem health

With ancestral bond, you can use righteous fire (without totem) and not take damage, but still deal damage

If this works then the build may just become a complete powerhouse, since in the videos i see you are effectivelt next to the totem so 2 totems with half hp dmg plus you dealing damage from it active on yourself seems VERY good
"
kurlie wrote:
Is this right?

Well no. You're wrong on all accounts. I've been testing a lot of stuff, things I've found are:
-Your totem has a base health equal to yours (doesn't have resistances or armor though).

-There is no "tick" (it deals damage constantly (or close enough) until it has 1 health left).

-Increased area damage does not increase the damage of RF (similar to poison arrow).

-Burning damage increases both the damage the totem deals and the damage the totem takes, but since the totem takes twice as much damage as it deals this means the totem will deal less damage over all, and therefore won't be effective until you have enough castspeed to counter the decreased burn time.

-Damage from RF does not stack (having two totems next to one mob will not kill him faster than one totem can, was able to test this with Merveils transformation).

I've been doing this as a marauder (less inefficiency in the passive tree), I'm currently running cruel Fellshrine Ruins with ease, I haven't had any problems with bosses either (I've frapsed from normal piety -> cruel merveil).

This is what my tree looks like at the moment: Link. And this is what I'll be aiming for: Link.

I'm going for EB because more auras = more fun, and well, not much more to say, except that kaom's is a must if you want it to work at the later stages :P

@Paljarro: Not taking a single resistance node is something you can do in softcore, you'll have to revise your builds a lot if you want to be able to survive, which is something I feel this build is all about ;)

Last edited by Brorsan on Mar 11, 2013, 11:47:31 AM
thanks brorsan for the information. It is a shame that two totems cant stack, good testing though :), this means the DPS of this build can never become really gamebreaking for a tanky character.

As you mentioned at later stages the effectiveness of this build will become worse, sicne most skills become stronger exponentially while this skill is pretty linear, just scaling of health. Allthough at later stages the totems will get much more HP.

I know I left out any resistances in the builds I showed, this is because I find that if you have a character using a rare shield, you will reach max resistances lategame without passives, even when cursed with lowered resistances if you include purity aura. So at later stages of the game you can respec your resistance nodes. Allthough with Kaoms you might need 1 or 2 passive nodes.
Check my priced shop:
What auras is better to use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info