Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

Looks cool. Not going to play it until it gets fully balanced though, still very nice and thank you!
🐢
Well, thanks GGG for my new build for new challenge league :D finally I can use my Ice Nova MTX from winter box!

GG GGG as always !!!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
good good, go some more improvement to masters and currency too. 30 may is coming
In B4 Pyre, 2x Consuming Darks mandate purple MTX, like they do for all cold skills now, XD.

But seriously. I like the idea of casting a skill from another skill. I do worry somewhat about the clunkiness of doing so, but that'll remain to be seen.

- Sheepster
Rip ice spear.
Oh gawd, PoE is turning into a combomadness like Mortal Kombat.. *sigh*

Edit:
"
Radonegsky wrote:
What about reflect?

Who will take ref.damage? Caster or Bolt?

Since it's neither a Minion, nor a Totem I'd say the caster takes the reflect.
If I got a Dollar for every time PoE runs worse than Skyrim,
I could buy a rig that can run this pile of code smoothly.
Last edited by DisposableIdentity on May 12, 2016, 3:53:50 AM
Nice skill ;)
PS. Please currency tabs for guild.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Can you tell us if the ability has a chill component, independent from performing cold damage? Would really like to know for Hypothermia / Avatar of Fire considerations.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
My first impressions:

positive
- looks of the skills are amazing
- new cold skills for casters are great
- interesting setup gamplay involving the synergy of 2 skills

negative
- grafic intense skills --> unplayable in partys or on older generation computers
- gameplay as selfcast looks relativly slow compared to current the clearspeed meta
- elemental reflect issues might be a thing
- AoE overlapping mindless "shottguning" CoC shinanigans will be a thing with this skill
- balancing this sort of skill is a nightmare (due to beeing a cold skill; freezing/chilling)

Either this skill is going to be OP or it simply will be to slow/weak to compete with other setups. Essence Drain is an "on the edge" example. With an optimizes build, good gear it is great (but not as fast as meta) for solo play but it falls short in party play - similar to Caustic Arrow but different.

The biggest "problem" (not a real problem, just comparing to meta skills) i see with this skills mechanic is that you always have to stop and cast Vortex/Nova after you cast Frost Bolt, which will make the overall gamplay feel cluncky (CoC will eliminate that of course). Many people even say Essence Drain is clunky to play where you have to stop and cast only 2 different things and then run to the next pack. This new skill combination will take even more "effort" to work

Playstyle of Frostbolt/Vortex:
cast frostbolt - wait (looking at your bolt)/run around - wait until it arrives in the middle of a pack - stop running - cast ice nova/vortex - run a few steps - cast ice nova/vortex again until pack is dead - move on to the next pack and repeat.

Playstyle of current meta:
Run around until you see a pack - press rightclick to fire lightning arrow while aiming at the pacl - pack is gone run on to the next pack

Enter a room full with mobs - keep holding down rightclick to cast spark - keep on doing that until everything is dead - move on to next room

I think with those examples it is really clear to everyone why the new skill will likly never become a meta skill. Flavour of the month at max i feel.

looks cool

Last edited by Kingoko on May 12, 2016, 4:02:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info