Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

The Frostbolt skill fires a slow moving, piercing projectile and is available very early in the game. It's good for taking on clustered groups of enemies, especially once you have access to the Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gem.

Frostbolt is an especially potent skill when used with the existing Ice Nova skill. Normally, Ice Nova releases a large, icy burst around the player. Now, if you've got a Frostbolt skill in flight, casting Ice Nova while targeting near a Frostbolt will cause the Nova to be cast from the Frostbolt's location, rather than the player's location. This lets you deploy Ice Nova's considerable area damage at long ranges, avoiding the dangers of close combat that Ice Nova usually puts you in.

Vortex is the second skill we're revealing today. When you cast Vortex, it releases a large burst of cold damage around the player and creates a chilling, damaging icy vortex. If cast while targeting near a Frostbolt, Vortex will destroy the Frostbolt projectile, performing the damage burst and creating the damaging vortex at the Frostbolt's location. This makes Frostbolt a great way to deploy multiple Vortexes across an area, without having to move to those locations.

Frostbolt can be used in combination with either Ice Nova, Vortex, or both! Here are the two new skills in action in the Waterways and Courtyard Maps.

Last bumped on Jun 4, 2016, 12:57:12 AM
New Skills! <3

Edit: I have been playing around with ice skills a lot recently, and these skills will make my Ice Spear build what I always wanted it to be :D Except, it wont be ice spear any more lol.
Last edited by Drewster_X on May 11, 2016, 10:33:47 PM
Nice ! Can't wait to experiment with these and my Ice Nova build.
Last edited by Monsieur_Gao on May 11, 2016, 10:34:13 PM
nice
"Pray for Mojo"
Suppaaaaaa
nice
Last edited by mill3nia on May 11, 2016, 11:28:42 PM
nice
well this looks nice
HYPE
please put some love into PVP
These look sick, great work as usual GGG

Report Forum Post