Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

I've been toying with the idea of starting a witch or scion, and this makes that idea even stronger now. :-)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
Is the Ice Nova/Frostbolt interaction the same as shown in the video with Vortex when it comes to multiple projectiles? In that each skill use will only cast Ice Nova from one of the Frostbolts, not all near your cursor?

The Vortex and the Ice Nova only occur at the projectile nearest to where you're targeting.
And what about Spell Echo? Will it convert 2 or 1 projectile(s) to 2 vortexes?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
Is the Ice Nova/Frostbolt interaction the same as shown in the video with Vortex when it comes to multiple projectiles? In that each skill use will only cast Ice Nova from one of the Frostbolts, not all near your cursor?

The Vortex and the Ice Nova only occur at the projectile nearest to where you're targeting.
And what about Spell Echo? Will it convert 2 or 1 projectile(s) to 2 vortexes?

Two projectiles to two vortexes.
Why have the specific interactions? Why not have all player-centred cold spells originate from the Frostbolt?
hmmmm
I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS!

I called them "force skills" though when I woke up. But thought it sounded cheesy because of Star Wars.
this seems liek such a darn nice vehicle to deliver curse on hit and the main damage skill in 1 combo. I like that push for non 1 button playstyle
0:22 - 0:27

Absolutely love how it looks aesthetically; the overlapping icy swirls slowly spinning behind while at the same time being contrasted with the fast-paced combat. Immersion doesn't necessarily float my boat entirely but in this case my boat is floating in outer-space.

(Horrible analogy, TLDR; sick work, love the way it looks and can't wait to try it out)
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Why have the specific interactions? Why not have all player-centred cold spells originate from the Frostbolt?

That's likely way more complex in terms of balancing and (possibly) implementation.

If there's a specific skill that you have in mind, however, it may be more reasonable to ask regarding that particular.

I'm sure these skills (along with others added in 2.3 perhaps?) will serve as good building blocks nonetheless. But such a drastic change for all cold skills (I know you said player-centered; can't think of which atm) would change the game dramatically in my opinion; or at least put too many eggs in one cold basket. I could be completely wrong though.
Looks cool, but am I the only one that thinks putting bolt after it is the wrong choice, looks more like a ball to me....just seams a bit odd, typically frostbolt in every game I have played is like fireball but a frost version....even when I saw the announcement I was like "oh nice! A frost version of fireball" and then I saw it, and was like "well that wasn't at all what I expected!" lol

I just feel the name should fit the ability, and should hint at "if possible" what it does, and this does nether...to me this literally is a frost version of ball lightning, with a added after-effects when used with nova or vortex! So to me, frostball fits better, or something else...something more fitting at least! But maybe its just me?!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on May 11, 2016, 11:17:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info