Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

++
++
++
Woooo!
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
This is really neat, I'm loving the push for a more multi-skill focused builds! I'm thinking about making a build that can play slow and casual, using blasphemy+temp chains and double singularity! Slow the screen to a crawl, drop vortexes everywhere.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Interesting... But Vortex seems kind of pointless, when Frostbolt already works with Ice Nova; why not just buff Ice Nova, and not even bother releasing Vortex?

Well b/c now you can hard cast vertex + ice nova without frostbolt for one. Could be quite strong with a tanky blasphemy-using character.

I just played tri-curse blasphemy ice storm in perandus and it was both good and fun, I'm imagining vertex and ice nova could go over just as well, but with less range and more tankiness.
Dont like the frostbolt. Why make short range spells into long range ones? Why play classic ice nova while you can now play it without getting hit? :V
Yeah but reflect makes any elemental build with decent damage un-fun to play.

Every build I made in this game has been designed to work around reflect, kinda sad that this one mechanic ruins so many fun aspects of the game and forces you into so many cookie-cutter decisions. Not everyone likes tanks, glass cannon builds have their own innate risks, reflect is just unnecessary.
Question Time!

Can you stick Ice Nova or Vortex on a totem and get the same effect OR vice versa? Or is it only when you cast the skills manually?

plz answer GGG?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
innervation wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Interesting... But Vortex seems kind of pointless, when Frostbolt already works with Ice Nova; why not just buff Ice Nova, and not even bother releasing Vortex?

Well b/c now you can hard cast vertex + ice nova without frostbolt for one. Could be quite strong with a tanky blasphemy-using character.

I just played tri-curse blasphemy ice storm in perandus and it was both good and fun, I'm imagining vertex and ice nova could go over just as well, but with less range and more tankiness.

Why would you use Vortex+Ice Nova? They basically do the same thing, and can't be used simultaneously.. It's a waste of Links.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Doesn't look like a laggy fkn nightmare at all
can a bitch get her hat back
Will these skills work with cast on crit ? CoC spectral throw, or CoC barrage for example, or with CoC cyclone ?
"
MissApril wrote:
Doesn't look like a laggy fkn nightmare at all

Even LESS friends I can't party with because they can't handle the [cold damage] effects.. And I thought Ice Trap and Frost Bomb were bad.. xD

WTB 2017 optimizations.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on May 12, 2016, 12:32:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info