Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

looking good. I've been aching to make a decent cold build, but none of the current skills really did it for me. Looks like I'll be trying these.
as much as I love new skills, pleas try and fix some of the old skills.. you have a plethora of obsolete skills just laying there.. seems like a massive waste
Frozen orb *D2gasm*
It is awful the acting against IceSpear :| It never went real thing :(
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
again new skill, that could have been some kind of support skill.

The mechanic is at least really interessant and open new perspective. The possibility to interact between 2 skills and changing their behavior make them really interessant to build around them.

Sad that there are not support instead.
Frostbolt is a really weird name for this skill like many have said. I always thought that if this skill ended up being introduced to players (used by act 4 monsters) it would be water sphere or water orb.

As nice as it looks all I see at the time is everyone converting it to chaos damage or using it with traps to by pass reflect and other bullshit which is a huge problem in general currently and there really is no reason not to do either of these two things.

Also some of the old cold skills do need a boost since you rarely see any cold builds anymore that aren't whispering ice which are mostly support, cold converted to chaos, and trap conversion/ice trap.
Manually casting is rarely used outside of chaos conversion anymore.
Last edited by ZannixFTW on May 12, 2016, 5:01:21 PM
new skills? nice.

i just hope the meetings to design them don't interfere with the ones intended to make the everyday life of players easier and more comfortable.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
More skills to convert to chaos damage with Pyre + The Consuming Dark! )))

Will this be more OP than Ice Trap?
I haven't played much lately, having died in such a bs manner that I needed a break.

But these will certainly get me back in there. I already use Glacial Cascade and Ice Nova, and pretty much use the latter way more.

I might use frostbolt instead of orb of storms in order to curse things if I don't end up maining it. Maybe vortex will replace stuff too. Anytime there are new frost spells ( I assume they are spells) I'm happy.
looks nice but too laggy for this potato :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info