Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

love it when oldy skills get love : )
SSF since ~OB
Another vortex skill for CoC discharger gonna be fun :)
Please make frost bolt + ice nova work with COC please! plsease please i beg you guys xd
would be so awsome
kind of lame. a frostbolt aka cold fireball which is another cold projectile at low levels like ice spear or freezing pulse. but it was made to go hand in hand with vortex with seems like some kind of crappy combo comparing it to the chaos combo ones. but this time they only made it seem like the frostbolt is good support with ice nova which freezes aoe. but vortex is kinda lame if it just is made as a cold burst aoe that is made to also trigger frost bolt. that explanation of vortex is lame. its like a slow moving projectile like the chaos bolt and contagion to blow up and spread it. vortex and frostbolt to blow up the slow moving projectile. kinda sounds boring to me. chaos skills were great for combos but this seems like something that is boring if its only to work hand in hand with eachother.. using gmp or lmp to use with vortex is just causing the aoe to do the damage and not have to rely on it hitting the monster kinda like ice traps. bc after shotgunning was taken out fireball died so now aoe is how to make it strong. this just helps the aoe to blow up. seems like so much hard work as in the combo just to cause frostbolt to blow up to do the aoe damage. kinda lame tho. with a name like vortex it did sound like it could of been great, but just use as a small dmg to trigger 1 skill to blow it up. unless its op i dont see the need to just use 2 skills like that just to do aoe damage for cold. again ice traps kinda simplifies that really. i guess frost orb multitrap could help but again 3 chain combo to do damage compared to 1 or 2 with the limited skill bar we have already. it just limits the choices to use.
rawrawr
"
Entropher wrote:
how... How can you make ice nova or vortex appear at frost bolt location but can't do it with other skills?

Yeah, that's totally unfair for ice spear and glacial cascade builds. I hope they will interact with those skills too (and the others ice skills I didn't quote).
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
Not excited.
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
I'm curious to see what kind of cast on crit builds could be done with these.
Some existing skills should be combo-able to go along with this. Because it's a great idea and seems pretty niche with just the one skill.

For example Arc could explode ball lightning (Shock Rifle Style).

A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Concerning Vortex: The burst of damage is a hit, correct? And the vortex that follows is damage over time, correct? Can the damage over time of the vortex be converted? Because if the cold damage of the hit can be converted to fire with the Pyre ring, and the cold damage of the vortex cannot, that would mean that this skill has a built in trigger for Elemental Equilibrium.
Damage over Time isn't a hit, so it can't be converted. It also doesn't benefit from leech, penetration, or spell/attack damage mods for the same reason. Unless specifically stated that the DoT can use those things, you need to hit things to gain those benefits, and that's why Essence Drain has pseudo leech and spell damage built in. You can test the conversion issue with Searing Bond, Righteous Fire, and Fire Trap already, and their burning components clearly don't benefit from these things. That said, you probably want to use Elemental Equilibrium with Orb of Storms, Fire Trap, and Vortex Trap. The latter two both scale on damage over time and elemental damage mods, while Orb of Storms can trigger Elemental Overload, EE, and apply Ele Weakness/Vulnerability for you via Curse on Hit. Even self cast Vortex can benefit from this if you don't mind setting up the Orb alongside the combo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info