Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

So.
Played.
Pretty sure Sire of shards will help break the game on this
That took long enough :P

Finally a set of skills outside the box, tyvm.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
are there any other skills that work similar to this
"
Perq wrote:
Feels quite limited, tbh. Bonding skills like that is pretty artificial - skills should interact with each other because of mechanical synergy, and not because skills specifically state this and this skill will do this and this with this skill.

Good example of mechanical interaction - Desecrate and Summon Zombie/Detonate Dead but also enemy Detonate Dead Totem.

Sadly, people seem to like forced synergies... welp.

Agree with this.
But I understand, that it's impossible to achieve such interaction with existing skills and supports, so, what about creating new support gem, like:

Bound support gem
tagwords: projectile, aoe
Damage/cast speed/atk. speed bonuses - doesn't know, depends on balance.

When a projectile and AOE skill both linked to Bound support, AOE skills will be casted from the projectile, not from the caster and not free-aim.

What about ball lighting + blade vortex for example
"
"
cwiza7 wrote:
these skill effects probably need to be toned down a bit

No they don't.

+1

If your system cannot handle the spell effects, turn down the graphic settings slightly, should help a lot.
nice lag skill lol
seems OP as hell, cant wait to try out
Definitely like Vortex already. Going to be fun to make builds with that.

However...this game needs more chaos skills. Occultist is lacking build variety in my oppinion because of it.
"
please put some love into PVP

You should watch the "State of Exile" podcast on youtube, they recently (couple weeks ago?) had an episode that featured Chris Wilson as a guest. I think it was like episode 51 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwi6U7MojDQ) The question of PVP came up and Chris Wilsom gave a good explanation of why PVP is where it is and where they mean to go with it.

In short, do NOT expect any PVP related changes or additions, practically ever. I don't want to try and paraphrase Chris'stance on PVP here, it's better if you hear it straight from him, but I believe he made really good points.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on May 13, 2016, 3:07:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info