[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

"
Thornhair wrote:

Otherwise, what about armor?

Armour is nice specialy against smaller hits. the bigger the hit are the more armour you'll need so stacking armour like crasy is not worth it in my opinion

Btw NEIN how do you handle stuns?
Last edited by Naffiy on Jan 15, 2017, 9:46:11 AM
Rip!
Are you going to keep playing that build in standard?
Are you giving it another try? Or are you rerolling with something else?

I'am no sure whether I just don't get stunned, or whether I just ignore them, since I am so tanky :D
What ever the answer is: I don't notice that I get stunned.
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Jan 15, 2017, 12:02:29 PM
"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:
Rip!
Are you going to keep playing that build in standard?
Are you giving it another try? Or are you rerolling with something else?

I'am no sure whether I just don't get stunned, or whether I just ignore them, since I am so tanky :D
What ever the answer is: I don't notice that I get stunned.

Yeah that rip was so stupid xD

Am defently going to give it an other try in this current league and probly in the future aswell since i have a stable pool of people to play with and what they feel that they are allways lacking is just that extra push for defence :) so yes am going to give it some more attemts! aint quiting after one death.
will most likely find out a few tips and tricks to the build along the way so i'll keep throwing in feedback :)
Sounds awesome! Your feedback is allways appreciated :)
Been playing this build for the past few weeks and now at lvl 92 and change, it's the highest I've ever gotten a character in an HC temp league. I have a friend who is blade flurry, also 92, and I've been pretty much exclusively running stuff with him. He runs haste, arctic armor, and herald of ash and I take care of the rest. I never would have thought this beforehand, but playing a support is surprisingly fun. Having to keep up with him and keep track of where he is, especially during breaches, gets pretty hectic. We're probably going to go for 36 challenges for the first time in the 6 or 7 leagues we've played since we are doing so well.
Level 92 in hc is trully an accomplishment! I personally probably wouldn't have gotten so far^^

Just got a shav's drop while lvling this build, should I sell, use it, or change to necro sup? Would like to know what's the main difference between a guardian and necro aurabots. Thanks, great build.
Last edited by spetakju on Jan 16, 2017, 4:08:01 PM
I was doing some crappy paper and pencil math and I'm not convinced shavs is worth it for this build. Firstly you need presence of Chayula for shavs to really be worth it which is another 250c, you lose out on all the support buffs Victario's gives, not really trying to do the math on my own on that though.

So maybe it's easier to itemize the other slots since you can now completely ignore health and chaos resist and that's the real value of Shavs but since this is an aura build it seems pretty easy to itemize everything. I spent maybe 10c and I have about 8k ehp.

**EDIT**

I was a bit off, since Shavs doesn't have to be a 6L it's significantly cheaper but you are still looking at a round 500c. You could equip an Ephemeral Edge to increase ES even more and push something crazy like 12k pretty easily.
Last edited by Fizban140 on Jan 16, 2017, 11:53:11 PM
"
spetakju wrote:
Just got a shav's drop while lvling this build, should I sell, use it, or change to necro sup? Would like to know what's the main difference between a guardian and necro aurabots. Thanks, great build.

The main difference between a necromancer support and a guardian support would be all the "thougness" you gain. Guardian gives 1% flat physical reduction for every aura you use, with a Tri-curse aura setup you'll be running with 8 auras ( clarity, disciplin, determination, Tri-purity and Radiant faith ) that gives you and your party 8%
if you are running a curse on hit setup you'll have 2 additinal auras giving you and your party 10% flat physical reduction that alone would be out performing a necromancer support

Not to mention that this guardian build we are looking at a price around 100-200c when a necromancer support you are more likely looking at a price around 600-800 if not even more

Hope this answer your question :)
Last edited by Naffiy on Jan 17, 2017, 11:12:09 AM
Generally speaking, a Guardian Support is better defensive wise and, if you choose this build, significantly cheaper than a necromancer. Necromancer support you with insane movement, attack and cast speed and also add a lot of damage. But the downside is obviously that Necromancer supports are generally quite expensive.
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Jan 17, 2017, 9:58:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info