[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

Do you mean how save I feel facing chaos damage?
With my 2k life and 75% chaos res. I have no problems at all with chaos damage. The only somewhat scary enemy is the Boss in the Tier 12 Village ruin map. He is not a real threat, but let's say you shouldn't facetank him, like all the other enemies with this build^^
Even when I am basically sleeping and take like hours to react to enemies, even then i don't have a problem with sporadicly filling up my health pool with flasks to heal up the minor chaos damage
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on May 27, 2016, 5:10:22 PM
What is the best way to level this build?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
i allready replied to the question on page number 1 of this thread, go and check it out :)
Having a second Chaos Golem out doesn't increase the physical damage mitigation granted to you by having a Chaos Golem, by the way.

You'd be better off summoning a stone golem instead as a second golem, or just not bothering with the Clayshaper.
Maybe you could add a section with progression of alocate skill point, on skill tree.
"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:
thanks for your kind words :)
I feel like it is not that boring when you curse with balllightning constantly. But on curse immune maps it is truly boring and you feel powerless, eventhough you are still supporting your mates heavily.
Btw this is my first character to achieve lvl 93(almost 94 now) and i reached it in ~70hours farming time which is pretty good for a casual player like me :) But this obviously heavily depends on the partys you play with. I could have reached it in a way shorter period if I would have leveled together with a party.

For those curse-immune maps you could check with your party and see if it would be feasible to run elemental equilibrium (swapping out an unfinished traveling node for it, or keeping one in reserve at all times, I've seen that done). With everyone else doing fire and cold damage, and you running BL+GMP+LMP purely to proc EE, their damage goes through the roof. Actually it's easier with a spell totem but if you get too bored that way...

Or you could do the same with incinerate + GMP + faster proj, or Arctic Breath + GMP+ faster proj + chain... you get the point. EE really helps builds that are made for it (it's more effective than ele weakness), and playing support gives you an opportunity to tune your output to boost your party's output MASSIVELY

Also, if you have a Jack, the Axe on hand, you can use that as your main hand weapon if your party is melee-phys-heavy (earthquake, poison claw reave, and phys sweep are examples), and have them swap out Melee phys for bloodlust (it's about 10% more MORE damage) while you Spectral Throw+ GMP + LMP + faster proj to make packs bleed. Plus you get the benefit of hearing that axe yammer on, "YES! MORE! Ahahahhaa!"
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
taggedjc could you tell me where I wrote that i use 2 Chaos golems? :D I actually use 1 Stone Golem(from the clayshaper to save sockets) and a Chaos golem with empower.

And thanks joachimbond for your feedback :) I will look into it tommorow, as i don't have time
today.

Edit: I just read you feedback. Really good suggestions. I will have look how i can integrate your advice into the build guide :)
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Jun 10, 2016, 8:23:46 AM
"
degas wrote:
Maybe you could add a section with progression of alocate skill point, on skill tree.

+1

I'm going to try this in HC, but admit that a true progression guide would work wonders-- especially for HC.

Is there a reason why you don't up Arcane Vision?

GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Last edited by Catchafire2000 on Jun 9, 2016, 11:20:18 PM
Very Interesting build. I am searching for a cheap support build that uses at least enfeeble to support my friends in HC. This seems like a great idea for what I need. Only thing I am worried about is that when reserving life in a hybrid life/es build chaos damage will probably kill me since it bypasses energy shield :(
I could use Arcane Vision but I personally never felt that it is needed for me^^ The Vision penalty is not that bad since we only deserve 50% of our life.

Are you guys looking for a leveling guide or a skill tree progression guide?
I could give you a skill tree progression guide, but I think leveling is up to your own preferences.
As this is a supporter you should allways aim to level with a group and get carried by them. You will gain power but it will take quite some time. Your auras will not be that effective and you can not have that many until youre lvl~52 when you get your victario's influence. Until that point you will have to support your allies by cursing. I think early leveling+supporting would be best with 2 doedre's damning to get 3 curses in a 5 link.

For the Chaos: Chaos damage with 75% chaos res + 2500life truly is safe. Most people even consider 900life+capped chaos res to be sufficient but that wouldn't be enough to be asleep while playing.
The only enemy you should be concerned about is the boss of the Village Ruin map, that really deals nasty chaos damage. But with your life flask even that is possilbe to face tank :D But i wouldn't recomend it for hardcore play^^
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Jun 10, 2016, 8:53:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info