The Dancing Dervish - An Insight into the Design Process

"
Rhys wrote:
Will it be affected by character size modifiers while out of character's hands?
No.

"
Zephryl wrote:
You could have a good shield on weapon swap, couldn't you?

Not for when the sword is dancing, but, for when you've lost Rampage and know you can't get it back. If you're using Facebreakers, you won't have the Nodes to do well with a Sword so you can swap it over to Shield for single targetting once you lose rampage.
Yeah, there will definitely be some bosses you can't maintain the Rampage on. Any flat phys damage you stack for Facebreakers also works with the sword (similarly attack speed) so you still deal reasonable damage without the minion. Or as you said, swap to unarmed + shield.
Code warrior
"
griffinzero wrote:

Second to all the guys who are weeping that it is a bad sword. Tell me one unique that is really good. Even high value unique normally lack in many regards like resistances or basic defense or all of it. So whenever you equip a unique you have to compensate the wasted slot with better rares or spent skill points.
The task of unique is to enable you a special playstyle. An example: I would say the unique with the most advantages is shavrones wrappings. First it is only needed for low live builds cause it nullify the weakness of es tanks. But it is expensive and you normally want a 5-6 l chest armor. And for any other defense tactics there are much better and cheaper rare chest armors.
You can see this with any unique, they all got some nice gimmicks that are sometimes needed but are much worse then any possible high tier rare.

Windripper is really good. Also no downsides. Mjölner is great. Iron commander is great. Quill rain is cool. And the stuff you wrote about Shavs does not make sense.

"
griffinzero wrote:

And as long as no one can present me a endgame (tier15 map) viable build with only unique equipment I stay by this comment and tell you to stop whining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqya1x-ZaE

change solaris lorica into a 6L shavs, use good flasks, and 20/20 gems, and this build is T15 viable with 100% unique only
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Apr 28, 2016, 4:09:42 AM
Love these posts so much. Will always make me regret not being able to come up with the amount to assist with making a unique back in beta. Had such a concept/name ready for a wand. Ah well.
Last edited by Scotchfist on Apr 28, 2016, 4:12:40 AM
Something I've been wondering about, and probably some other players too...

Is it still possible to create a unique? And if so, what would it cost?

There is nothing mentioned about it on the supporter pack page, would be cool if there was a little writing added to the it which said if it is/isn't possible and if possible for what price.

Edit: I love seeing the different types of unique's players come up with!
Last edited by sarannah101 on Apr 28, 2016, 4:13:46 AM
"
Rhys wrote:

Yeah, there will definitely be some bosses you can't maintain the Rampage on. Any flat phys damage you stack for Facebreakers also works with the sword (similarly attack speed) so you still deal reasonable damage without the minion. Or as you said, swap to unarmed + shield.

So, it definitely counts as a Minion in regards to Minion Nodes and such?

Does it have its own source of Charge generation? Or will it be up to the player to generate charges and share them via Conduit etc?
Sword has about 800 dps, may be useful.
But I'm not sure, I need to test :)
GUILD ZA BALKANSKE IGRAČE : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1227661
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Discord"Voice ( dođite na mikrofon - Link za automatski invite ) : https://discord.gg/Q54KWUH
"
smileys wrote:
Sword has about 800 dps, may be useful.
But I'm not sure, I need to test :)

guess you forgot to divide by2
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Is it still possible to create a unique? And if so, what would it cost?

Maybe. You should email Support and ask them.

"
Zephryl wrote:
So, it definitely counts as a Minion in regards to Minion Nodes and such?
Yes. It will be affected by anything you have that buffs minions. Auras can also affect it too, of course.

"
Zephryl wrote:
Does it have its own source of Charge generation? Or will it be up to the player to generate charges and share them via Conduit etc?
No. I think Conduit only affects party members, not minions.
Code warrior
Hrm...

Well, I'll have to wait to get my hands on one before I work out a build. Always possible there'll be adjustments before it goes live too~

Either way, I'm looking forward to it.
Well, I have made facebreaker summoner hybrids before and my verdict is that the item will work good enough in endgame. The original idea I had was having a summoner that punches stuff in tandem with its animated guardian clone, while using other minions for support. The project was aptly named 'dioskouri' and was scrapped ultimately because of plainly idiotic guardian AI, seeing that animated weapons have a less restrictive AI than a guardian and it solves the socket shortage problem it should fare better on the whole.

Clear speed records will hardly be broken and the gearing/tree will be very tight, but it should be a fun build. I recommend a Necromancer or something tanky like Champion/Jugger.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 28, 2016, 5:04:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info