The Dancing Dervish - An Insight into the Design Process

"
count2potato wrote:
Since its shares the gems that are linked in it once rampage is active

Does this mean it supports coc? Will it discharge or proc spells like the caster?
gonna follow your post since I asked that twice and I'm kinda not likely to be answered by GGG lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I really hope that this sword can use stuff like Comk
Otherwise it'll be just as shitty as vaal double strike...

What's so bad about Vaal double strike?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
At least some item has 3D art when it's released... I'd love to actually see my Varunastra in hand. It's kind of sad to have league specific item and nobody can't actually see it.
i was like FUCK YEAH ANIMATE WEAPON UNIQUE!

then went to.. but its not realy a "animate weapon" unique

back to FUCK YEAH ANIMATE WEAPON UNIQUE!

tl;dr

I like it
I just realized the animated sword boost is just Onslaught. Please reconsider. Facebreakers already have Daresso's Defiance as a very solid (contender for BIS) option to maintain Onslaught. If the only bonus this sword gives is Onslaught, then it is simply not enough incentive over simply going Daresso's + Shield.

Would it be possible to give it a different buff so it stacks with Onslaught?

I'm just thinking really hard here, because I want this to work. I want to try this. Yet the item looks really mediocre as is. The benefits need to be very substantial to justify dropping your shield. Keep in mind that we have a lot of nodes in the tree that give melee damage and attack speed while holding a shield. You are not just losing defenses when you drop the shield, you lose DPS too. Is this sword as a cycloning minion strong enough on its own to make up for that loss?
Last edited by Wombo on Apr 28, 2016, 6:28:31 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
count2potato wrote:

Does this mean it supports coc? Will it discharge or proc spells like the caster?
gonna follow your post since I asked that twice and I'm kinda not likely to be answered by GGG lol

You aren't getting an answer probably because it's known how such mechanics worked so far. It should be the same as with arrow clones, they have the weapon equipped but not the gems, they get only the bonuses from supports linked to the skill we used to summon it, they aren't truly linked so you got nothing to trigger with CoC gem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I think this unique is quite interesting. Sadly you did not say if this derwish will scale off minion or attack damage.

Another concern is, that rampage is a very "fragile" effect. You will most likely stand in front of the boss with a horrible sword and keep trying to dps it down. This issue makes me loose interest in this item already - it is not the first snowbally mechanic which will stall at the boss.
"
raics wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
count2potato wrote:

You aren't getting an answer probably because it's known how such mechanics worked so far. It should be the same as with arrow clones, they have the weapon equipped but not the gems, they get only the bonuses from supports linked to the skill we used to summon it, they aren't truly linked so you got nothing to trigger with CoC gem.

Peeps seem to not read the article. The skill triggers on Rampage and ALL support gems socketed into the sword are shared with its own attack, which is a cyclone alike. It is also mentioned, that if you link the sword, you can have your own attack skill in it as well and use it, while the derwish is not summoned. Cast on crit will most likely not work, because it is another entity, like totems and minions which are not able to trigger it. Besides that, the sword will not have your spell stats so even if it worked, it would just sneeze into the mobs faces.
Last edited by Pendulu on Apr 28, 2016, 6:35:01 AM
Nice. Im going to have to give this a whirl.
Mmm, I want it, but it will be expensive at the start of a league...
IGN: Lil_Crimson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info