[Hunt] Star of Wraeclast

So, the Star of Wraeclast unique was introduced in the previous patch. It's only obtainable through a hidden vendor recipe, but I haven't seen any threads about it yet. So, I'm making this one. If I missed another one somewhere, feel free to lock this.

Info/lore/item: here.

Unfortunately, we don't really have much to go on; no explicit riddle was given, apart from the lore posted in the above thread.

Some random thoughts, some of which are really obvious. Writing it as more of a stream of consciousness than any coherent riddle solving (because, well, there is no riddle):

Spoiler

- We're looking to make an amulet.
- The default amulet recipe is 7x Iron Ring + [Type] Ring.
- The base type is a Ruby Amulet, which doesn't exist in the game (up to some bugged drops).

- Lore wise, the amulet was made by Daresso, for Merveil, by socketing a ruby (virtue gem) into an "exquisite" amulet.
-- Maybe use Gold Rings instead of Iron Rings to make the amulet "exquisite"?
-- What about Prismatic Rings?
-- What about Ruby Rings?
-- How do we "socket" this specific ruby into the amulet? Use an Unset Ring?

- This ruby (virtue gem) previously belonged to one "Kalisa Maas".
- This gem "enhanced" the "power" of her voice. (Use of EEE gems?)
- "Kalisa Maas" is am anagram for "Malakais [AS]", with the [AS] left over. This obviously being phonetically identical to "Malachai".
- "Malachai's A[rtifice]" is an (unset) ring that lets you socket gems into it.
- The "Kalisa Maas"-lore is older than this item, and she had the gem implanted into her throat by Malachai. So, the anagram/connection may be on purpose, but need not be significant here.

- Are (skill) gems "Virtue Gems"? (think so, but we put them into gear, not into ourselves). What about Jewels?

- Which gems/jewels make sense?
- The amulet gives allres, increased cold dmg, radius for curses, immunity to silence, and "Illusory Warp", a teleport skill with a chilled-ground "nova".
- (Crimson) Jewel corrupted for "immune to silence"?
- Purity of Elements? Blasphemy? Lightning Warp? Portal? Ice Nova? Something else?
- Vaal skills? corrupted? quality? what level?

- The lore repeatedly mentions "shattering", and the item is cold related. Glacial Hammer? The Shattered Chains (Crimson) Jewel? Corrupted for "immune to silence"? Vaal Glacial Hammer?

- Merveil suddenly attacks someone who touches the gem. Vengeance is a (red) counter-attack skill.

The flavor text of the item is
"

"I offer to you an eternal oath
that binds your heart to mine;
A bond that not even death will break.
Will you accept?"
- Daresso, to his beloved

- Eternal Orb? (not likely)
- Oath, Death -> Death's Oath?
- Bond -> Searing Bond?
- Heartbound Loop?
- Something else?

At this point, I've pretty much thrown everything and the kitchen sink at it, to no avail. Notably, I'm missing a Daresso's Salute (unique amulet connected to Daresso, but is a league-only item and hence perhaps unlikely). Apart from that, I'm missing levels/quality on some of the gems.

Dump of items I've tested in one combination or other, along with all currency from my tab (bit short on Exalts at the moment, so only tested 2 of those at the same time)

Spoiler

Basic Construction

Rubies

Random other gems

Also tried lvl 4/20 Empower+Enlighten, but those are back in my gear so I can't link them right now.

Kitchen Sink

So, yeah, I'm pretty much at a dead end right now. If anyone wants to help, pitch ideas, or borrow me some gems/gear to test a theory, please post here :)

Happy hunting!
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 11:13:58 PM
Deep reasoning there, only two things I can suggest to try out are Vaal Gem(s) since the amulet is corrupted and maybe Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow - to go with Lightning Warp for the Illusory Warp skill. Or Lightning Warp and an Alt (copied from the Mirror Arrow recipe) on top of all the rest.
Another thing that is somehow "strange" is that the recipe is different in our server and in the Garena one, I wonder why...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Apr 21, 2016, 10:29:51 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
Deep reasoning there, only two things I can suggest to try out are Vaal Gem(s) since the amulet is corrupted and maybe Blink Arrow/Mirror Arrow - to go with Lightning Warp for the Illusory Warp skill. Or Lightning Warp and an Alt (copied from the Mirror Arrow recipe) on top of all the rest.
Another thing that is somehow "strange" is that the recipe is different in our server and in the Garena one, I wonder why...

Hah, not very deep reasoning, but it's a place to start.

Tried these (might be a problem because of levels/quality), also realised I hadn't tried Whispering Ice (because why not). Test with all other combinations except for the unique items listed in the OP under "Kitchen Sink".

Spoiler

About the difference in recipes between the Garena server and this one, I have no idea why that could be. Maybe just to not have the recipe spoiled by someone who visits both forums. I tried Googling for some hints, but (perhaps due to my non-existant Taiwanese skills) I couldn't find anything.

I also realised that Daresso supposedly found the gem "on a journey into the heart of Wraeclast's wild jungles". This might point to one of the Crimson Jewels that you get as a quest reward in Act 2. Again, possibly corrupted for "immune to silence". However, none of them seem to fit thematically. I tried with a (corrupted) Conqueror's Efficiency, which didn't work, but it's lacking that specific corrupted implicit.
The only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias was "Oh no, not again." Some philosophers think that if we understood why it thought that, we'd know a lot more about our universe.
There was a discussion about the star of wraclast elsewhere:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ffmsj/discussiongoddess_unleashed_is_done_lets_talk/

The Taiwanese realm recipe is up on Reddit if you want a spoiler:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4fs28b/garena_tw_the_star_of_wraeclast_tips/
Spoiler
Taiwanese realm recipe is following:
1x Ruby Ring (any rarity)
1x Unique Gold Amulet (The Ignomon, Winterheart)
1x Crimson Jewel (any rarity) with Vaaled Avoid Silence
(from Chuanhsing)

Shags, LOL
We've been told that the Garena recipe wasn't used for our servers.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
We've been told that the Garena recipe wasn't used for our servers.

Sure, but it might give us something to go off. Information is really lacking at this point.

@vikroda: Thanks for the references.

Just tested the Garena recipe, confirmed didn't work.

However, I'm adding more amulets and unique rings to the construction idea. Testing with Andvarius and Ignomon, along with other items.
One more thing to go on... the people who made up this recipe are the same people who made up the original one for TGU. Expect it to "cost" about 10x what you think it should cost.
I have made some atepmts combining as much as I could of the listed items:

gems

rings

amulets

jewels

others

Edit: Also tried with more rare ruby rings to make it to seven, malachai ring and a crimson jewel w/ immune to silence.

I do think is very likely that the gem(s) should be lvl 20 (or 3 for EEE gem). Considering that the skill the amulet grants is lvl 20.
Last edited by Diemx0 on Apr 21, 2016, 2:57:14 PM

I actually have the items for the other version/ I was looking foward to at least having it for my cold witch but I dunno if the items to make it when found will be worth the cost.

If it's level 20 gems or something to the maximum extreme I'll be very sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info