[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

BIG GEAR PROPHECY UPDATE !!!

I buy tons of stuff and finally get boots lab enchant after 2 days farm and struggle in uber lab. Also decided and bought Rat's nest with Siege Ballista 40% enchant.

Prophecy power creep is real, numbers are insane :)

hideout : 53339

http://i.imgur.com/euWH37E.jpg

full frenzy and vaal haste up : 72084

http://i.imgur.com/1j0Ys3V.jpg

Current gear:

Uber lab enchants are much stronger then old Perandus ones. I learned a lot about jewellery and current rings are bought smarter. Belt too. Gem with projectiles speed don't give me impressive numbers but 88% overall increased projectile speed is pure pleasure to have, that rly speeds up map clearing.

Now I will focus on replacing gloves enchant for Spite one, that is #1 priority. Later I will replace chest, that one is "budget 6L" and ugly.

Unavailable

That prophecy helps a lot in uber lab farming runs. RNG lottery is 50% less annoying :)
Last edited by Elua on Jun 22, 2016, 1:46:49 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Just starting out again with this build after ripping my Lacerate to something really dumb.

Just reaching level 30. The mana issues are real, what level do you suggest for clarity? Is the level 6 like you use adequate?
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Just starting out again with this build after ripping my Lacerate to something really dumb.

Just reaching level 30. The mana issues are real, what level do you suggest for clarity? Is the level 6 like you use adequate?

At 30 lvl clarity not more then 2-3 lvl. You can use mana regen jewelery, 1 mana flask and Asenath's Mark Iron Circlet. When you switch to dual Siege Ballista mana problems will be much smaller.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Asenath%27s_Mark

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dream_Fragments

Those items cost somewhere about 1 alchemy each.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 22, 2016, 1:05:48 PM
Cool thanks.

Huge props to you for the in-depth leveling guide and keeping up to date with answers in here!
What is your take on this variant of Siege Ballista build? How does it compare to yours power-wise? (Looks like this one can do Uber Atziri)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555979/page/1
Last edited by Mikefield on Jun 23, 2016, 7:18:56 AM
"
Mikefield wrote:
What is your take on this variant of Siege Ballista build? How does it compare to yours power-wise? (Looks like this one can do Uber Atziri)

There are many ways and guides on forum to play Siege Ballista, I probably know 20+ SB guides available for almost all playable classes. My build is focused on safety and clearing speed on yellow and red maps. This guy you linked is focusing on high top dmg on static bosses like Uber Atziri. That was never my goal. I want highest possible clearing speed on open maps like t11 Springs / t13 Wasteland and huge health pool to soak big hits when evasion fails. Because evasion fails every day and every hour, it's not great mitigation to have alone. So I made unique build with 216% increased maximum Life in passive tree. Making build is always like making decisions and sacrifices, you can't have all goods. You must ask yourself how to reach safety not sacrificing dmg too much. I found non crit, non poison, non elemental way to be most efficient. Siege Ballista + Drillneck + Lioneye's Glare is perfect combo for that, amazing synergy.

Let's look at Siege Ballista gem:

"It attacks slowly, but deals increased damage"
"50% less Attack Speed"
"Siege Ballista fires ranged attacks that scale off of base attack damage, and thus scale directly off of the caster's equipped bow and other attack stats. Siege Ballista fires at 50% of the attack speed of the equipped bow. Siege Ballista attacks can be evaded."

http://i.imgur.com/YD4UYnP.jpg

Now looks on lvl 1 Siege Ballista: -50% main hand attack speed modifier, 0,7 attacks per second and atrocious 1,43 sec activation time.
That all screams for attack speed help and increase. Also for high base dmg weapon having "Hits can't be Evaded"
2'th thing is attack speed makes ballistas totems placement almost instant. You don't have to use weak points like Totemic Zeal to supplement it.
Second stat to make clearing fast is projectiles speed. That make SB totems clears large open areas with highest speed. It's as important as high tooltip dmg. White mob pack after reaching some serious dmg numbers are simply get one-shooted, but how fast will be multiple pack one-shooted in large area depends mostly on projectile speed.

If you focus on elemental, poision or crit you will be much more passive point starving and can't reach that life, attack speed or projectile speed numbers. I think my approach to Siege Ballista build is most efficient supplementation SB downsides.

Last thing : using Siege Ballista and Point Black is simply disgusting. For sure that works for bosses but it's so massive, mind-boggling clearing speed loss. And you must recast totems much often because they are squishy in melee range.

Some stats summary on my 95 lvl standard char and Ofnir_ 96 lvl one:

me 6984 hp, his 5838 hp
me 48565 dps, his 48079 dps
me 5 arrows his 3 arrows
me 2,81 attacks per second his 1,8 attacks per second
me 66% projectile speed modifier his 20% projectile speed modifier

( btw on Prophecy league char I have 88% projectile speed modifier and I simply love it )

Last edited by Elua on Jun 23, 2016, 3:59:23 PM
Hello! I've been playing your build and I have to say that it is very fun and quick with clearspeed! I wanted to ask what is the significance of have the Pierce gem if the arrow from the totems already have a 100% pierce? Wouldn't it be better to use WED?
"
Elua wrote:
"
Mikefield wrote:

There are many ways and guides on forum to play Siege Ballista, I probably know 20+ SB guides available for almost all playable classes. My build is focused on safety and clearing speed on yellow and red maps. This guy you linked is focusing on high top dmg on static bosses like Uber Atziri. That was never my goal. I want highest possible clearing speed on open maps like t11 Springs / t13 Wasteland and huge health pool to soak big hits when evasion fails. Because evasion fails every day and every hour, it's not great mitigation to have alone. So I made unique build with 216% increased maximum Life in passive tree. Making build is always like making decisions and sacrifices, you can't have all goods. You must ask yourself how to reach safety not sacrificing dmg too much. I found non crit, non poison, non elemental way to be most efficient. Siege Ballista + Drillneck + Lioneye's Glare is perfect combo for that, amazing synergy.

I created that build with the mindset of clearing most of the content in the game with acceptable clear speeds. Unfortunately, GGG nerfed Voltaxic's conversion and elemental reflect maps aren't worth doing anymore.

Here are my current stats on a level 94 character with only a silver flask activated (I get 20% attack speed while flasks are active and my flasks are almost always active):
Stats

Here's a Shrine video with a level 98 character with gear from Perandus League:
[2.3] 81 map

Why do you use 3 life flasks and 2 quicksilver flasks? I think you are missing out on damage and defense when you don't use flasks such as Taste of Hate, Atziri's Promise, Basalt or Silver Flask.
Last edited by Ofnir_ on Jun 23, 2016, 6:49:02 PM
"
Ofnir_ wrote:

Why do you use 3 life flasks and 2 quicksilver flasks? I think you are missing out on damage and defense when you don't use flasks such as Taste of Hate, Atziri's Promise, Basalt or Silver Flask.

Yes you are right I should use those flask, but I'm lazy and don't feel any need for more dps.
Also those flasks if you play Deadeye are not so strong as Pathfinder.
I have now 53k hideout dmg per each totem.

Generally flask use and defence gems are personal choice IMO.

"
Hello! I've been playing your build and I have to say that it is very fun and quick with clearspeed! I wanted to ask what is the significance of have the Pierce gem if the arrow from the totems already have a 100% pierce? Wouldn't it be better to use WED?

Yes SB totems got 100% pierce capped, but you need pierce gem for secondary dps increases. In 5L you can use WED ofc, in 6L both.

Last edited by Elua on Jun 23, 2016, 8:01:10 PM
If I don't have quality gems, are the siege ballista support gems in order of priority as they're listed in the OP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info