[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
Aggnog wrote:
The second ranger damage node is very good, 10% proj/4% aps. Definitely worth getting imo.

I agree this is very strong dps point but I have no idea what to sacrifice for it, maybe its worth one 4%life/6%eva node.

"
swordfish8 wrote:
The passive tree links seem to all point to the same not completed tree.

It's complete, that 3 points "missing" are used as bandits choices:
Normal: Help Oak for +40 Life
Cruel: Help Kraityn for +8% Attack Speed
Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 Frenzy charge
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I see that you have removed Rupture and used a small damage node instead.

On my level 99 Ranger in Standard (which is Split Arrow, but defense wise much the same as this one), there were three causes of death in levels 95-99:
1) Doing Bosses on Suicidal Maps (Dual Vaal on a -maxres, +damage map)
2) Corrupting Blood
3) Bleeding (especially on Vulnerability maps)

I have learned to eliminate #1 the hard way, #2 oes not affect this build, #3 can be affected by Rupture
If all you have to give up is a small dps node, that is good in my book.

So I would not recommend this change if you go to high levels. Having no armor at all, makes bleed hit you at full power.

I also see that you have removed the three Dodge nodes and Spell Dodge. Isn't your Cannon becoming very Glassy? is the extra jewel / life nodes really worth that?

I feel safer with more life than with 30% RNG spell dodge, that is why.
Life is something you can count as 100% working, not RNG defensive mechanics.

And about hardest map mods, you can always reroll they, It's IMO too much risk at 90 lvl +
doing that "suicide" stuff to be worth doing.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 13, 2016, 7:16:53 AM
The extra arrows from reach help a great deal with clear speed. You already get so much accuracy in the build that you only need a bit more on a piece of gear to get 91+% hit on char screen which is fine because most monsters actually have low evasion.
omg this build looks nuts! I will try it for sure. thx a million dude for all your hard work. keep up the good work. I cant use half of my map pool because of reflect/elemental reflect maps.

appreciated
Really a nice guide, i am enyoing playint this build. But how can you run clarity + hatred + herald of ash, all mana is reserved if i use these 3 auras. Would be great if you could answer and you dont you take more + frenzy charges in your skill tree?

Gambler
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Really a nice guide, i am enyoing playint this build. But how can you run clarity + hatred + herald of ash, all mana is reserved if i use these 3 auras. Would be great if you could answer and you dont you take more + frenzy charges in your skill tree?

Gambler

You need Elingten lvl 3 for that auras to be linked together, otherwise it's not possible.

Each extra frenzy charge = -2 dmg points in passive tree. And final dps results are nearly same, so I decided they are not worth all hassle. It's simple and more practical solution.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 14, 2016, 5:07:53 PM
I've gotten up to 68 and the build is really showing its strength now, even though I'm still sporting Opus. I do plan to run Reach still, I've been juggling the idea of using Snakebite, but does the Poison even work for your totems? With how fast you can generate charges, the reduced charge duration doesn't hurt, and the added accuracy might help immensily if you're not using Lioneye's Glare or Resolute Technique
"
Burizer wrote:
I've gotten up to 68 and the build is really showing its strength now, even though I'm still sporting Opus. I do plan to run Reach still, I've been juggling the idea of using Snakebite, but does the Poison even work for your totems? With how fast you can generate charges, the reduced charge duration doesn't hurt, and the added accuracy might help immensily if you're not using Lioneye's Glare or Resolute Technique

Snakebite gloves are awful and very weak. Not recommended.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 14, 2016, 11:28:14 PM
Thx for answering the question helped a lot enlighten lvl 3 and max quantity is very expensive so i will only use 2 auras atm.

I have another question, why you dont choose "Rupture" or "powerful percision" as your last ascendancy. is there not so much value?

Gambler
Last edited by Gambler92 on Jun 15, 2016, 4:22:43 AM
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Thx for answering the question helped a lot enlighten lvl 3 and max quantity is very expensive so i will only use 2 auras atm.

I have another question, why you dont choose "Rupture" or "powerful percision" as your last ascendancy. is there not so much value?

Gambler

You should buy lvl 1 enlighten and level up it yourself. It's very slow process, but you will have some day lvl 3. That way I always do with that specific gems ( same for Enchance and Empower )

Powerful Precision is very bad choice for Siege Ballista 100% piercing gem. Rupture can be good, but I have feeling It not work with totems at all. So I choose small points.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 15, 2016, 6:48:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info