[2.3] NeverSink's Oro's Flicker Slayer ♦ "The Accelerator" ♦ High clear, tanky, affordable

"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Whats "everyone's" tooltip looking like, just standing in hideout with no flask usage or anything...mine is only 6k, thought it would be higher than that! But then again ive never played flicker strike before, maybe it just runs low because its a movement ability...?

I have the master crafted "added fire to attacks" on my amulet and both rings, got master crafted "weapon ele" on my boots, and got "added fire" on my gloves too! Using a 6 link with the proper gems, all lvl 19...Got decent jewels as well, and I followed his tree...just want to make sure my dps is low cause it runs low and not cause I am doing something wrong! lol

I feel you, I lvld as Earthquake with "The Cauterizer" until 67 with a tooltip of like 18k, then switched to Oro + jewel + passive tree optimization and went down to around 4.5k and that was with Anger. I'd still have a lot of gear optimization + passives to get but yea. I'd calc it with DPS tho, Flicker attacks very fast + multistrike, the hits don't seem to do as much as other skills/phys scaling weapons.
Last edited by Maredasan on Dec 12, 2016, 4:35:28 AM
I've got this build to 84 in SC Breach. It's one of the most fun builds I've ever tried and is currently crushing any t8 and t9 maps I throw at it. It's strong, easy to gear and again, fun. I've even started rolling double beyond with Zana's mod and I have a Vaal DD ready to detonate any big breaches!

No helm or gloves yet, only a 6L Chest and using the new amulet Xoph's Blood. 10% life, fire damage, it's great. I want to get Abberath's Hooves as well, I think they're going to be insane as well. I am steamrolling maps and map bosses, haven't tried any Breachlords yet.

I run a 4L Ancestral Warchief to help with single target.
"
slickis wrote:
I've got this build to 84 in SC Breach. It's one of the most fun builds I've ever tried and is currently crushing any t8 and t9 maps I throw at it. It's strong, easy to gear and again, fun. I've even started rolling double beyond with Zana's mod and I have a Vaal DD ready to detonate any big breaches!

No helm or gloves yet, only a 6L Chest and using the new amulet Xoph's Blood. 10% life, fire damage, it's great. I want to get Abberath's Hooves as well, I think they're going to be insane as well. I am steamrolling maps and map bosses, haven't tried any Breachlords yet.

I run a 4L Ancestral Warchief to help with single target.

What is your Ancestral Warchief linked with? I'm also playing flicker in BSC and it's really fun. The clearspeed is insane, but I have a bit problems with bosses as I can't sustain the frenzies against single enemies. Also I need to change my passive tree a little bit because I played Cyclone for the most time with Ngamahu's abyssal axe and it's a bit of a mess right now.

This is currently the gear I've gotten on Breach League. Can someone help me optimize? I'm a little overboard on the resists and was wondering what I could do to maximize utility/damage and minimize wasteful stats. Ofc some over-res is fine for dropped res maps, but I've got like 120%+ Cold and Lightning in Merc.
Could someone explain to me why my dps is so low? My gear (lvl 85):

Spoiler

Haven't been able to afford null and void, or headhunter (obviously). Also do not have qualitied gems.

In hideout, with flammability aura up (which I know doesnt add anything to tooltip), I have 4944.5 avg dmg tooltip, and 7.46 attacks per second. With everything up that I possibly can (all flasks, vaal haste, all frenzies, bloodrage), I have 7271 tooltip (which is avg dmg per hit) and 11.63 attacks per second.

To calculate my dps: 7271 * 11.63 * 1.8 * 1.5 = 228,316 DPS. The 1.8 multiplier is assuming 0 resistances and flammability + fire pen, and the 1.5 multiplier is factoring in vinktar's shock. This does not include ignite damage.

Neversink said in the guide that the build gets 300-800K damage, so I was hoping for more. Any tips? I see that some of you guys are using Anger, do you guys get more mana reservation nodes or skip out on some auras?

Do you guys also sometimes run out of mana in a pack? Like when youre flickering and suddenly stop due to mana being too low. Is this because of desync on my end or the attacks being too fast too leech mana back fast enough?

Also, is NeverSink not updating this guide anymore?
Last edited by Fire309 on Dec 17, 2016, 5:27:38 PM
Hey

Im lvl 81 into your build guide

But not sure about your skill tree as of today, is it still good?

Main concern is compared to this tree?

What would your advise be?

thanks for reading

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcBLMFLQVmB3UOPBQgFE0UcRhdGJEaOCFVIq8j0ycvJ58yiTWSNug4UzpSOtg64TwtPfxAoEMxRrdG10d-TP9N41BHUdpX4lhjWK9Z81oaXhNfOV8_Y_1lTWZUaGVo8m8ncYVyD3KpdO12rHbnd-N35Xh6eWh65nrvggeCm4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqivCMz49gkFWUb5UkmmqbLaIAplepJ6luqZSsqq2NrfGwq7FCsoC3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbBBMMzxFjEgsT2xq7PftNv1ljYvdl82rnawdw94J_hc-lG6hjtIO8O8B_yRfPd9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Also -- as its not specifically described I might as well ask, when I fight with this build, I do - Enduring Cry - Blood Rage - Artic Armour - and then Flicker .

Am I missing anything?

Thanks x
Last edited by saltyballss on Dec 17, 2016, 2:26:02 AM
-delete-
Last edited by QuickSwipe on Dec 17, 2016, 1:37:10 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
Could someone explain to me why my dps is so low? My gear (lvl 85):

Spoiler

Haven't been able to afford null and void, or headhunter (obviously). Also do not have qualitied gems.

In hideout, with flammability aura up (which I know doesnt add anything to tooltip), I have 4944.5 avg dmg tooltip, and 7.46 attacks per second. With everything up that I possibly can (all flasks, vaal haste, all frenzies, bloodrage), I have 7271 tooltip (which is avg dmg per hit) and 11.63 attacks per second.

To calculate my dps: 7271 * 11.63 * 1.8 * 1.5 = 228,316 DPS. The 1.8 multiplier is assuming 0 resistances and flammability + fire pen, and the 1.5 multiplier is factoring in vinktar's shock. This does not include ignite damage.

Neversink said in the guide that the build gets 300-800K damage, so I was hoping for more. Any tips? I see that some of you guys are using Anger, do you guys get more mana reservation nodes or skip out on some auras?

Do you guys also sometimes run out of mana in a pack? Like when youre flickering and suddenly stop due to mana being too low. Is this because of desync on my end or the attacks being too fast too leech mana back fast enough?

Also, is NeverSink not updating this guide anymore?

Running out of mana as you put it is Dysnc, nothing you can really do other than play on lockstep...I tried to play on lockstep, but my net must not be stable enough...cause with 60 average ping my game felt clunky, off, so I went back to predictive mode.

As for dmg, I am at 6.8k tooltip just standing in hideout using a modified tree...If you want more dps get better added fire dmg to attacks on your gear...I have the master crafted mod on both rings and my amulet. I also picked up some gloves with a nice added fire dmg to attacks roll, you can also get master crafted WED on boots...just have to pick a pair that has an open slot.

Just watch getting to much dmg! At 6k I started killing myself when I ran into a reflect mob, so I decided to go with PoF instead of double curse...just keep that in mind...i'll link the tree I went with, and gear.

TREE at 95:::

GEAR:::
Spoiler

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Dec 18, 2016, 3:10:41 AM
@saltyballss

-Get resolute technique if you don't use elemental overload.
-Imo, going for Constitution nodes is a waste. That being said, if you still want those HP nodes you lose 2 passive points by taking the way top instead of coming from the bottom.
Last edited by Plotch on Dec 18, 2016, 5:21:17 PM
TL;DR Throwing out the Xoph's Blood gives me a 7.6k-7.7k tooltip. Using Xoph's blood gives me 6.8k tooltip.

Alrighty, Finished up my gear and I don't think Xoph's Blood is very strong for this build. First off here's my gear.
Spoiler

Now Abberath's Hooves was a really nice boost in damage with the amount of strength we get. You would THINK that Xoph's blood"10% increased Strength and +30 strength" lines would add a lot of %fire damage from Abberath's Hooves. It barely does, first of all.
This is my maximum possible tooltip I can get with Xoph's Blood (6828):
Spoiler
If it's too small here: http://i.imgur.com/7d7xVKm.jpg

This is the tooltip right after un-equipping the Xoph's Blood (6790):
Spoiler
if it's too small here: http://i.imgur.com/M3G2Slk.jpg

RAW Damage wise and from the %fire increase buff I hoped would synergize with Abberath's Hooves, it's very minor. But of course you could say that Xoph has 10% fire penetration on it.

But look at this tooltip damage using Atziri's Flask (which is ridiculously easy to keep up with this build) and NO amulet at all (7637). (we can't use Xoph's Bloodbecause it destroys the chaos damage we deal):
Spoiler
if it's too small here: http://i.imgur.com/qigHDwY.jpg

Nearly 8000 tooltip damage without an amulet. Now consider what it could be if we got a decent amulet.

All in all I think Atziri's flask is too good to give up for Xoph's Blood, as the synergy is lacking. But I will say that I really like Abberath's Hooves with this build.
Last edited by Zeiin on Dec 18, 2016, 11:45:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info