[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
espanyol44 wrote:
changing gloves and boots will be my first priority but resist cap is a huge problem.playing without 30 movement speed is realy annoying you are right.i need to change comple gear to fix this coz of elemental res cap.i used mana gain jewel before but still had mana issue on no/low mana regen maps.as i said before i new to this game registered on 26.03.2016 and started to play on 05.04.2016 just 21 days passed so i am poor :) but i gonna change asap then i will write the improvements.thx again.

Maybe a easy change that could be great is start using a Q20/L20 Blood Rage. With 3 charges you got 32% Attack Speed & 12% more Damage.

done :) thx
"
KnowYourRole wrote:
Fun build. Working my way through the 80s in HC and it feels very smooth.

Recommend linking Whirling Blades to Blood Magic instead of Fortify. Helps a lot with mana/movement. Having leap slam on swap for terrain obstacles is nice as well.

I dropped Skull Cracking and Berserking for Barbarism and 2 Jewel Slots. I don't think stuns work well with this build. A lot of our damage is fast, small attacks that likely fall under the 10% stun consideration threshold. Stunning isn't as effective on (likely) blinded enemies. Varunastra makes finding rare attack speed/physical damage gems much easier for ~5-10c. All in all, we lose 2% attack speed, 10% physical damage and gain 10% life, 17 ele res, and 2 open jewel affixes.

I took the Frenzy charge from Merc Bandits. The Mara Endurance Charge looks juicy as well, not sure what I'd trade off for it though.

Have you tested/considered Gratuitous Violence?

Glad to read that! I never played HC and is great to know that this builds works for you.

About your suggestions:
- I guess for Whirling Blades both options (Blood Magic / Fortify) could be good in different situations, I will add this as an option in the skill gems section.
- For bandits, I guess I will stay with oak/all/all, don't see what to trade off for the frenzy charge that is worthy enough. What you exchange?
- About the changes on the tree, out of the question. You made a great improvement and I will change it accordingly in the next update of the guide.
- About Gratuitous Violence, at the beginning I don't use it because hits that do zero physical damage doesn't apply bleed, but then I started testing Gratuitous Violence for an alternative setup for clear speed improvement (assuming some single target damage loss). While testing I realize how good it was and then started testing how it works with this build, assuming that counter-attacks will be the source of bleed effect. Soon I will update the guide with the alternative setups for faster clear speed, and surely will change to Gratuitous Violence in every scenario.
"
espanyol44 wrote:
"
NambrVan wrote:
espanyol44, link ur gear plz

"
i don't use golem coz they die too fast.

Use golem on cwdt and it will be up all the time.

"
4L-tempest shield+CWDT+curse on hit+enfeeble

Why curse on hit? CWDT will trigger support gems. Leave cwdt low level, lvl1 in this case. Link it with tempest shield lvl1 only, because u need it for additional block chance only. So, CWDT-tempest shield-aura-aura is good way to use rest sockets.

"
Vengeance, Reckoning, Curse On Hit, Enfeeble

In this case u can level enfeeble ....

"
but then having hp gain&mana problem

Anvil gives u mana on block, weapon on hit. Use rings with mana reg (or 1 ring) and u will have no problems with mana.

1-I don't know how to link my gear.:) if you noticed that was my first msg in forum.

3-i tested again and now i am sure enfeeble doesn't work with CWDT so i use curse on hit.

2-so i can't use golem with CWDT(look up :) )

4-Vengeance, Reckoning, Curse On Hit, Enfeeble ---with this build my xp per hour about 55-60 M
-Vengeance, Reckoning,life gain on hit,mana leech---with this about 85-90 M xp per hour so i choose this.

5-most of the maps have low mana&life regen or no mana&life regen so anvil is not enough for my opinion.using ring with mana regen is good idea but useless on low mana regen maps either and i focus on hp&resist&dmg&intellect on my rings(107 int)
current hp=4.9k

CWDT works if supported gems are ok with level requirement. Example .... CWDT lvlw1 isnt working with gems over lvl 38. So ur enfeeble must be lvl5 (lvl 36) or lower. U wonna highest possible enf lvl so u link it with veng. Golems r perfect for cwdt.

If u have life/mana problems, yes u have them in no reg maps if u dont like mana pots, and dont wonna waste stats on jewels and rings, in 4 passives u can get 0.8% mana leech and 0.4% life leech (or 0.8% life leech and 0.4% mana leech if u go opposite direction).
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3E0wUIBUgF-EZtBo-IOMhYCSbJvgoKimlKk0s6S2DL8wwdzIJMk41kjrhOzs8LT8nQKBBP0F0RJ5HfkrITP9N404yUEdR5lO7VuhZ_l85Xz9f2mLsZFJlTWebapNsRm6qcmxyqXTtdPF2K3asd1N5OXrvfNl-4oCKg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwi0-Mz49gj5mS95SHl3mbLZ7Fpleplayvrj6wq7LctfK2irc-vTa-p8C_wYLBo8QVxILE9sauz37WWNi92sHdDd-y4JXiYeRR6hjvDvJF9kj3MvdN-AL46_4K_o8=?accountName=mas_mariano&characterName=Camacho_El_Boliviano
I saw your T15 video. Looks nice. Out of curiosity have you tried the build on Uber or Core Malachai?
I'm very confused. With Iron Reflexes I can use armour and evasion and all is converted to armour. I wanted to test it and equipped a helmet with 274 armour and then a helmet with 273 evasion.

Without a helmet 8558 armour
With armour helmet 9308 armour
With evasion helmet 9349 armour

how can this be?

I used these two helmets:

"
crush4 wrote:
I'm very confused. With Iron Reflexes I can use armour and evasion and all is converted to armour. I wanted to test it and equipped a helmet with 274 armour and then a helmet with 273 evasion.

how can this be?

more eva % from tree?
"
NambrVan wrote:
"
crush4 wrote:

how can this be?

more eva % from tree?

when I counted right I have 78% increased armour, 16% increased evasion and 96% increased for both. So I expected to get more armour from armour...
Nice guide, man.

Have you tried earthquake? Cos im ~50 lvl now and thinking 'bout ur build, and BoR EQ, cant decide, ur is tempting, but melee targeting is bad, and EQ is kinda OP.
Why without ancestral totem? With 20% MORE att speed, ur dps will skyrocket just for one button, imho worth on tougher stuff like bosses. I'll replace any counterattack skill, although CoH wont work, sadly.
Have you tried Blunt Instrument node with Varunastra? Found it in some varu builds and ppl claimed its working, but im not sure. Have u tested it, by any chance?
Copied your build in standard but used legacy BoR with 15% block chance instead of 6 (not a budget item :-/, but i had it laying around already), and then switched lioneye remorse shield with high life and armour + resist shield (because I don't have good rings or other resist gear).

Links:
3L: Enduring cry + hatred + HoA
3L: Whirling blades, blood magic, fortify
4L: CWDT + Tempest shield + chaos golem + Moltenshell (instead enfeeble, so i didnt have to spend chromes getting 3Blue :-( )
4L: Reckoning + Vengeance + Curse on hit + Enfeeble.

I think it would be better to have 3 blue on cwdt with enfeeble replacing molten shell, and put lifegain on hit on reckoning + (maybe riposte + melee splash?, or vengeance + stun? i dunno), but I didnt want to spend the chromes getting 3 blues. :-/

Switched violent retaliation for outmatch and outlast so I wouldn't have to take blood rage. Just my personal preference to not have the degen. (plus was already spec'ed into it, saved on regerts)

Just another option for anyone in standard with a bit of extra currency or legacy gear.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcEswUtBosISQomC2EM9w5DE0wUIBUgFewX4Rm0Gj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUqTSzpLYMvzDB3MZ4yCTJONZI64Ts7PAU8LT8nQKBBP0F0RJ5HfkrITeNOMlBHUeZTu1boWf5fP1_aYuxkUmVNZ5to8mxGbqpybHKpdO108XYrd1N5OXrvfNl-4oCKg1-DzITZhO-Gs4rwi0-PmZSHl3mbLZ7FogCmV6mVrK-uPq9ssty18raKtz65Hb02vqfAZsC_wYLBo8T2xq7KkM1f2L3awd0N37LgleJh5FHpRuoY7w7vfPAf8kX3MvdN-Ov-Cv6P

Took the "path of the warrior" node and didn't want to respec the duelist starting area nodes from damage to attack speed because of lazyness and cheapness.

Fun. I love ascendancy. Gear could be optimized more but my personal cost benefit analysis tells me this is probably where I stop.
Last edited by PritzlPoppers on Apr 27, 2016, 11:56:47 AM
"
crush4 wrote:
"
NambrVan wrote:
"
crush4 wrote:

how can this be?

more eva % from tree?

when I counted right I have 78% increased armour, 16% increased evasion and 96% increased for both. So I expected to get more armour from armour...

You have to consider this:

Final Armour =
Base Evasion * ( 1 + % increased Evasion Rating + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )
+ Base Armour * ( 1 + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )

As you can see when considering Evasion, the three modifiers are added (thanks to Iron Reflexes) but in case of Armour, just two.

For the Evasion helm: 273 * (1+0.78+0.16+0.96) = 791.7. Added to the base 8558 you got 9349.
For the Armour helm: 274 * (1+0.78+0.96) = 750.76. Added to the base 8558 you got 9308.

Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info