[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
1-I don't know how to link my gear.:) if you noticed that was my first msg in forum.

Please, link first all your gear before I made a complete answer to your comments and NambrVan reply. To do it, just made a reply as you do it before and then with the reply open go to the name of your character on the top of the page, choose the character you like and LEFT CLICK in every item of your gear. Please also include your jewels (you need to remove them from passive tree first and then do to the same left click from your inventory or stash) and add your passive tree too (go to passive tree tab and copy+paste the complete URL in the reply).

When you go back to the reply you will see all the linked items tags.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3E0wUIBUgF-EY2xm0Gj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUqTSzpLYMvzDB3MgkyTjWSOuE7OzwtPydAoEE_QXREnkd-SshN404yUEdR5lO7VuhZ_l85Xz9f2mLsZFJlTWebbEZuqnJscql07XTxdit2rHdTeTl673zZfuKAioNfg8yE2YTvhrOK8ItPjM-PmZL3lIeXeZstnsWmV6aNqZWsr64-sKuy3LXytoq3Pr02vqfAv8GCwaPEgsT2xq7Pfti92sHdDd-y4JXiYeRR6hjvDvJF9kj3MvdN-AL46_4K_o8=

thx i think i achieved it :)

i am going to change belt enchant when tora reaches lvl 7 and change fire golem with blood rage when i have enough cromatic to change the socket.

i want to add something.i just killed wasteland boss with vulnerability&elemental weakness curse on me without running from his charge&smash&aoe.just head to head.i think this is the proff of this builds survivability.thx again mas_mariano
Last edited by espanyol44 on Apr 26, 2016, 7:21:34 AM
"
Thanks for the answer. I'm not convinced in every point.
My original build is in Marauder section and I started it using SS but I personally didn't find well for the leeching problems and the lack of AoE; it's also true that my tree was and is defensive so, to have some Dps, I was forced to use Concentrated Effect.
The duelist version is certainly the cheapest and the easiest to do and I analyzed the Marauder subclasses and the Duelist's ones to find the best for a tank. I concluded that the Berserker gives more survability with a "higher" bundget. The fact is that the spell block could be achieved also using Rainbowstride,Stone of Lazhwar and one Reckless Defence.

Before 2.2, I made a Max Block Attack/Spell character with the combination of Rainbowstride + Stone of Lazhwar + Rumi's. Reckless Defence is from 2.2 so I didn't count with it. I found myself pretty tight with all the gear/flask/jewels required to achieve max block spells, but it works. I remember how many SoL & Lioneye's Remorse I corrupted to get the additional Max Block needed (btw, great way for making currency).

So, I'm not saying is not possible to achieve, just saying that is a lot more easier to do it with Gladiator Class and because you don't need SoL, being able to use The Anvil gives you +3% to Max Block, plus solving all life/mana gain issues (plus block chance and great armour). Reckless defence has some drawbacks too, with the additional chance to receive Crit Strikes. Not going to say that this build is better than any other, just saying that using Berserker Class is a very different build than this one.
"
espanyol44 wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
1-I don't know how to link my gear.:) if you noticed that was my first msg in forum.

Please, link first all your gear before I made a complete answer to your comments and NambrVan reply. To do it, just made a reply as you do it before and then with the reply open go to the name of your character on the top of the page, choose the character you like and LEFT CLICK in every item of your gear. Please also include your jewels (you need to remove them from passive tree first and then do to the same left click from your inventory or stash) and add your passive tree too (go to passive tree tab and copy+paste the complete URL in the reply).

When you go back to the reply you will see all the linked items tags.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAADuBIcFLQaLCEkKJgz3E0wUIBUgF-EY2xm0Gj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUqTSzpLYMvzDB3MgkyTjWSOuE7OzwtPydAoEE_QXREnkd-SshN404yUEdR5lO7VuhZ_l85Xz9f2mLsZFJlTWebbEZuqnJscql07XTxdit2rHdTeTl673zZfuKAioNfg8yE2YTvhrOK8ItPjM-PmZL3lIeXeZstnsWmV6aNqZWsr64-sKuy3LXytoq3Pr02vqfAv8GCwaPEgsT2xq7Pfti92sHdDd-y4JXiYeRR6hjvDvJF9kj3MvdN-AL46_4K_o8=

thx i think i achieved it :)

i am going to change belt enchant when tora reaches lvl 7 and change fire golem with blood rage when i have enough cromatic to change the socket.

i want to add something.i just killed wasteland boss with vulnerability&elemental weakness curse on me without running from his charge&smash&aoe.just head to head.i think this is the proff of this builds survivability.thx again mas_mariano

Well, I will try to answer everything, hope not to forget anything.

Survivability in both builds (the original one and the RT alternative) should be the same. I played both long enough, and all the video section are made with the first original version of the build. But, besides that, now I strongly recommend the RT version, because is an overall improvement.

Life/Mana Gain: using Static Strike (SS) and having the +3 mana gain from Varunastra and the life/mana gain from Anvil is good enough, but if you still have problems with it, you can go for mana regen as NambrVan stated, or in my opinion, go for a jewel with +2 mana gain on hit affix (I used it on the Doryani's Catalyst alternative build) and is surely enough for solving any mana problem. Testing other skills with larger AoE (Reave mostly) I found myself with mana issues, and that was because mobs don't get close enough to hit so I can't block. Just give it a try to the jewel affix without Mana Leech and see how it works for you.
About Life Leech versus LGoH, in my opinion Q20 Reckoning (for the AoE) + LGoH is way better.

CWDT Combo: The problem with Enfeeble is that the level of Enfeeble is higher than the supported level from CWDT. So, while using Curse on Hit, what happens? CWDT triggers Tempest Shield and then Tempest Shield with his Arc Lightning attack triggers Curse on Hit with Enfeeble. Enfeeble works with CWDT, but at the supported level (I used both configurations in a previous block build).

Golem: not a big issue with RT version (Ice Golem is mandatory in my opinion for the original version, really helps crits). You can use it in CWDT if you remove Curse on Hit as stated before, so you don't need to cast it, as NambrVan says.

Passive Tree: as you commented before, the only differences I see is that you don't change it when I corrected and go for Amplify. Take into account that going that way, you will get 20% increased AoE damage and a 10% AoE Radius increase not loosing anything, maybe not mandatory, but I think is a really good improvement.

Gear Suggestions: try to rush a 30% Movement Speed boots (for me not having that is pretty annoying) and look for +10/15 Attack Speed Gloves, great APS improvement. For jewels, try the +2 Mana Gain on Hit affix as stated before.

Skill Gems: Blood Rage is your first priority, is a great boost. And if you can, add Riposte too, but not as important as Blood Rage.

"

Much appreciated! Happy the builds works for you!

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
crush4 wrote:
I have another question. Which labyrinth enchantements are the best for this build.

I'm using:

helmet - 25% increased static strike damage
boots - regenerate 1,5% of Life and Mana per second if you were hit recently
gloves - I don't know

could you make your character profiles public?

I didn't pay special attention to enchantments due to the boredom that lab causes on me. Until your reply.

You have to see my face when I saw that Static Strike enchantment... Now I read the enchantment list as I should do in the first place. So, what to choose:

- Helmet: no question about it, 25% Static Strike Damage. Huge damage boost, and now I want one of those!
- Boots: 8%/12% Increased Attack Speed if you've killed recently. Another great damage boost. Got this one now:

- Gloves: all seem pretty useless, but because I'll buy the gear already enchanted (not going to do the lab one time and again no matter how good the enchant is), I guess is OK not having a particular enchant for gloves, because Helmet/Boots enchants are mandatory, so after the boots, I bought gloves based on cap resist, life and attack speed (and not in what enchant it has).

Will update the guide soon with a section for enchantments. And now my char profile is public.

Thanks for your reply! Is a great improvement for this build (and makes me spend a lot of currency too, btw).

PS: As you can see in the corrected passive tree for RT, I keep your change in the first two nodes of the Duelist tree.

glad to hear, that you like my suggestions ;)

here is a great link to see every day if the lab is easy or not: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4gg7xz/daily_labyrinth_april_26_2016/

I think Decree of Light would be very nice on gloves. But cause of our block I think this will not trigger every 5 seconds. So I think Decree of Blades or Decree of Force could be the best choise. What you think?
Last edited by crush4 on Apr 26, 2016, 11:07:05 AM
changing gloves and boots will be my first priority but resist cap is a huge problem.playing without 30 movement speed is realy annoying you are right.i need to change comple gear to fix this coz of elemental res cap.i used mana gain jewel before but still had mana issue on no/low mana regen maps.as i said before i new to this game registered on 26.03.2016 and started to play on 05.04.2016 just 21 days passed so i am poor :) but i gonna change asap then i will write the improvements.thx again.
Fun build. Working my way through the 80s in HC and it feels very smooth.

Recommend linking Whirling Blades to Blood Magic instead of Fortify. Helps a lot with mana/movement. Having leap slam on swap for terrain obstacles is nice as well.

I dropped Skull Cracking and Berserking for Barbarism and 2 Jewel Slots. I don't think stuns work well with this build. A lot of our damage is fast, small attacks that likely fall under the 10% stun consideration threshold. Stunning isn't as effective on (likely) blinded enemies. Varunastra makes finding rare attack speed/physical damage gems much easier for ~5-10c. All in all, we lose 2% attack speed, 10% physical damage and gain 10% life, 17 ele res, and 2 open jewel affixes.

I took the Frenzy charge from Merc Bandits. The Mara Endurance Charge looks juicy as well, not sure what I'd trade off for it though.

Have you tested/considered Gratuitous Violence?
"
KnowYourRole wrote:
Fun build. Working my way through the 80s in HC and it feels very smooth.

Recommend linking Whirling Blades to Blood Magic instead of Fortify. Helps a lot with mana/movement. Having leap slam on swap for terrain obstacles is nice as well.

I dropped Skull Cracking and Berserking for Barbarism and 2 Jewel Slots. I don't think stuns work well with this build. A lot of our damage is fast, small attacks that likely fall under the 10% stun consideration threshold. Stunning isn't as effective on (likely) blinded enemies. Varunastra makes finding rare attack speed/physical damage gems much easier for ~5-10c. All in all, we lose 2% attack speed, 10% physical damage and gain 10% life, 17 ele res, and 2 open jewel affixes.

I took the Frenzy charge from Merc Bandits. The Mara Endurance Charge looks juicy as well, not sure what I'd trade off for it though.

Have you tested/considered Gratuitous Violence?

- I switch between Blood Magic and Fortify. I use Blood Magic for the whole map and then switch to fortify for the boss.

- I think your suggestions are very well, I'll try these improvements.

- I'm using Gratuitous Violence at the moment cause it's a constant 30% more dmg. Also the area damage is huge. With Violent Retaliation I had problems getting charges
Incredible how different people define unstoppable. You whirl into white skele pack and get hit for a third of ur max life does not count as unstoppable in my book. Also, ur 200kdps does not show at all. My gladiator has 71%+12% phys, 78%/78% block, 6k life, fortify and enfeeble CoDT) and does for reference clear gorge (with retarded mods) about 3 times faster without looking scared every time he is about to whirl into a pack...
"
I think Decree of Light would be very nice on gloves. But cause of our block I think this will not trigger every 5 seconds. So I think Decree of Blades or Decree of Force could be the best choise. What you think?

I changed my original answer, simply can't find any good use to gloves enchantments with this build. The cooldown is way too much. Maybe Decree of Reflection could have some use as a diversion, is the only thing I can think of right now.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Apr 26, 2016, 5:06:15 PM
"
espanyol44 wrote:
changing gloves and boots will be my first priority but resist cap is a huge problem.playing without 30 movement speed is realy annoying you are right.i need to change comple gear to fix this coz of elemental res cap.i used mana gain jewel before but still had mana issue on no/low mana regen maps.as i said before i new to this game registered on 26.03.2016 and started to play on 05.04.2016 just 21 days passed so i am poor :) but i gonna change asap then i will write the improvements.thx again.

Maybe a easy change that could be great is start using a Q20/L20 Blood Rage. With 3 charges you got 32% Attack Speed & 12% more Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info