[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

in my experience this build is great but only for clearing maps

vs itzaro its notthat great

ran him at charges and today as well with conduits

unfortunately the 22% chance to damage me is enough for him to one hit me
have 5k life and 11k armour

not saying it is a bad build , in fact it is very good unless you start the league with this (since st and bor cost about 70-90c in first week)

but not the best to run bosses

but had fun with it , thx for guide gl :)
"
Zangetas wrote:
in my experience this build is great but only for clearing maps

vs itzaro its notthat great

ran him at charges and today as well with conduits

unfortunately the 22% chance to damage me is enough for him to one hit me
have 5k life and 11k armour

not saying it is a bad build , in fact it is very good unless you start the league with this (since st and bor cost about 70-90c in first week)

but not the best to run bosses

but had fun with it , thx for guide gl :)

@MAS_MARIANO: Hi, can u confirm this? I´m thinking about using this guide for my next char. wanna play all maps included high-tier-maps. with your guide i have the opportunity to Change main skills, that´s why i like it. But it is really good enought to do Itzaro and the Atlas Endbosses?
Howdy! Trying this build and loving it so far.

Doing the varn/aegis variation

and at 500 ES right now its pretty nifty. Want to get around 700ES+. How do you deal with stuns? I am doing reave right with 68k with charges/flask.

I might go cleave and pickup the posion on max charges gloves and get 3 pacifism gems for higher dps better survibilty with fortify since can drop Inc aoe.

What Vaal skills do you use? I am using Vaal haste because with inc duration, it is back up before duration is over with the clear speed of Reave. I am thinking of using Death's door boots to be bleed immune and add more ES and end charge, would be amazing but just have to risk freeze/shock duration being longer.

I am using a 4L endstun-veng-reck-rip for 3 auto hits and it keeps up end charges pretty well. not sure how well on bosses. Thinking of dropping Herald for Arctic Armour for higher survival since stationary on bosses.

Also How can I pick up more health? I would love to be 5k+ health, I am at 3.8k at 77. I was going to pick up belly and 6l but using
seems better.
Last edited by Dorithe on Sep 14, 2016, 9:50:31 AM
A question to the author of the build: Why does The Anvil (amulet) have to be corrupted?

I assume, because it can get +10 to block chance.

As I am pretty new to the game, I would like to clarify: Should I Vaal orb my The Anvil and I will get 2 additional block chance or should I not do it, because it can transform my Anvil into something else?
Last edited by Brongard on Sep 14, 2016, 3:29:20 PM
yes cleave feel so much better to be fair
"
dro_13 wrote:
yes cleave feel so much better to be fair

I totally agree. This build now feels fluid and even easier than before. To me - a POE beginner - this is a bless. The author did a great job. Thanks a lot!

"
dro_13 wrote:
is molten strike bad aswell ?

i'm really not a big fan a static mb ill go cleave

I decided to go Cleave all the way with this build. Guide is updated according to that. Great overall performance after you get Gratuitous Violence.
"
Schmoker wrote:
Where do you get your +35% movement?

Skilltree: 0%
Equipment: 15% [30 (Boots) - 5 (Shield) - 10 (Amulet)]

What did I miss?

For mobility I rely on Shield Charge. Movement speed doesn't matter because after picking Soul Taker (and Berserking), SC is really fast, even without Faster Attacks, and you don't need to worry about mana.
"
epancake wrote:
Arent you a little too squishy with only 150% life?

After Cleave buff in 2.4, I decided to make some changes on tree to get more life instead of damage. DPS remains similar as in 2.3, but now I reach a 5.5K life pool with decent gear but not expensive.

Tireless is really close for a +20% to life, but seems to me that damage will be penalized a lot exchanging something else.

Played all maps from T1 to T14 included and no problem at all with survivability. Guide is updated based on this.
"
scis001 wrote:
Viable for ice crash ?

Seems to me that almost any melee physical (with conversion or not) attack skill could work with this build. Only some particular melee skills like Lightning Strike doesn't work (because projectile part doesn't get melee bonus).

But after updating this guide I recommend mostly Cleave as main attack, works great for me after you get Gratuitous Violence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info