[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

:) Thx! for share this guide!! i create my duelist 3 days ago and now im lv 71 ;) running t7 maps so far :=) building my pool of maps for AoW! thx
"
Wylajtowany wrote:
Hi man what do u say if i switch to aegis aurora when i get few more currency? :)
And what about Rumi instead of normal granite flask

Aegis Aurora is a great improvement for the build. As stated in 6L + Aegis section, I suggest you go for 6L too, trying to get the best ES pool you can get, so Aegis can truly shines.

About Rumi, it has no use for this build. You already got 78% capped block A/S chance so you will not get any improvement using Rumi. Combined Jade + Granite gives you tons of armour thanks to Iron Reflexes.
@BwenR
@PlayArcher
@JustOneQuestion
@DTBA
@Norfen
@Proteusius

Hi all! Thanks for posting. I include a section about changes in 2.4 plus main skill overview at the very beginning of this guide.

Hope will answer your questions about main skill choice and overall performance for each one.

Can't wait to start AoW league with this build! Luck to all!
"
Wouldn't this be a better build? Yours have kinda low life and I don't see why you would use IR if you are focusing on duelist-marauder side tree anyways. A lot of wasted points in your tree feels like.

check this out and tell me what you think:

I play HC btw.

Comparing both trees:
- You got a +39% significant boost in life.
- You loose about 65% increased damage.
- You loose IR and about 60% inc. armour from evasion rating.

I guess physical damage reduction is pretty important, and IR helps a lot getting the solid amount of armour needed. But, doesn't seems truly mandatory at all if you prefer removing it.

I quote a previous related answer about how getting more life with this build:
"

I don't feel like more life is needed for SC, but is true that you can max out life playing HC. You got 4 life nodes to get easily (2 from marauder start, 1 from duelist start and 1 after Barbarism). Imo, exchange them for Path of the Warrior and Berserking. That will gives you 17% inc. maximum life.

If you feel you need more, then take 20% inc. maximum life from Tireless in exchange of Hatchet Master and one additional point (maybe Marauder start inc. phyisical damage).

That will gives you 184% inc. maximum life from passive tree.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions and hope this build works for you if you try it during next league!
"
mas_mariano wrote:

Aegis Aurora is a great improvement for the build. As stated in 6L + Aegis section, I suggest you go for 6L too, trying to get the best ES pool you can get, so Aegis can truly shines.

So, I played this build in 2.2 as Varunastra/BoR + Aegis setup, and it felt pretty strong. I planned on making it for 2.4 so I messed around a bit on standard and tried making a setup with Varunastra, armor chest (only had a 5L instead of 6, figured it might still somewhat work) and aegis.

It definitely didn't perform as well imo as the regular soul taker + BoR setup, though admittedly I probably didn't remake the skill tree very well. I feel like the damage boost from Varunastra really isn't very worth it (obviously my opinion from my experience testing) considering the pretty large price tag in temp leagues due to the rarity of the cards plus having to once again worry about mana due to the loss of soul taker.

I'm wondering if you might consider at some point in the future re-writing the guide a bit to maybe have separate sections based on several budgets and on different combos of soul taker, aegis, varunastra, etc. For example, my mish-mash of your Varunastra and aegis versions didn't really turn out so hot when I tried them but a section on that combination with a specialized skill tree might make it easier.

These are all just suggestions and of course I know you probably won't have time to write a section on every possible item and skill combo, but it's just something to consider. I'd really enjoy this build a lot more if your guide had a smoother transition from rags to riches, so to speak.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some constructive criticism that hopefully helps you flesh your guide and the build out a little more. Good luck and thanks for the guide!
Last edited by malarix1222 on Sep 2, 2016, 3:44:48 AM
Well, initially I tried just that making those sections. Varunastra was the first weapon used for this build due to low prices on Perandus, but then, after league ends I replace it with Soul Taker because prior one was Perandus related.

Then, 2.3.2 came and Varunastra appears again thanks to divination cards so people asked about it and I rewrite Varunastra section for those who are interested in. Of course, is not budget efficient compared to Soul Taker, but works anyway.

Aegis + 6L section is completely based on the idea of getting an improvement when you got the currency. And is just based on what you stated, getting from low budget to expensive one.

And about skills, I offer four possible combination so people can choose based on personal preference and game style.

For Varunastra combined with Aegis/6L you just need to take Command of Steel in exchange of Strong Arm or Skull Cracking. This way you get the additional block chance needed in exchange for some DPS. But as you stated, while Varunastra remains expensive, there's no real improvement compared to Soul Taker.

I guess BoR + Aegis doesn't need a specific section because is just almost the same as BoR + Lioneye's build. And personally I prefer to go all the way and take a good 6L for improved ES pool.

Do you miss something in particular that could be included in this guide?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Really glad this build works for you!
Hello, I like this build very much and I'm about to give it a try in the new Essence softcore league. I really enjoy Cyclone and I wonder why didn't you mention it anywhere... is it really so bad now or do you think it is viable? (sorry if you already responded about this, i read about 30 out of 38 forum comments pages and didn't find it). I also love the idea of BoR and thus the cheap 7-link in new league. Hope I will finally get into the T15 maps and possibly get to the Shaper himself!
Cyclone will not work with this build, I strongly suggest you choose one of the proposed main attack skills and read the changes for 2.4 section where a give a more detailed overview of each skill after patch notes. Hope you enjoy this build during next league! Only a few hours left!
Anyone try reave yet?
Reave is great, but remember that only works with daggers, claws and swords. So, you can't use it with Soul Taker. I played a lot with Reave on Varunastra version of the build with excellent overall performance, even before buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info