[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
espanyol44 wrote:
why outmatch and outlast?i don't think it would be effective on bosses?no kill no frenzy charge.do we need it for trash mobs?i have almost same build as yours.i am using bor with;

physical to lightning+weapon elemental dmg+multistrike+sunder(static strike on bosses)almost 1 shot any pack with all map mods.so i think blood in eyes would be better for bosses.

Both sounds interesting. Frenzy Charges are quite useful, and with Aegis, BR can't be used. In case of BoR, using Soul Taker and 100% mana reservation, casting BR is kinda tricky because you need to remove an aura, wait for mana replenish, cast it and then cast aura again. Plus, this ascendancy point not only gives you 10% MORE damage, which is great because is multiplicative, but additionally, gives you a boost on physical reduction on max endurance charges.
On the other hand, 80% increased damage sounds great, but because is additive and not multiplicative, is not has good as it seems.

On the end, I guess that both options are great for the build. I explained why I made that choice in the "Other Considerations" section of the Update for 2.3.

[edit] In other words, if you're using the Varunastra version of the build, then probably you will prefer to stay with Blood Rage and go for Violent Retaliation.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Jun 11, 2016, 4:40:10 PM
"
Sanazami wrote:
Hi, thx for your build he's realy awesome !
I've question : i'm currently leveling my gladiator, but static charge seems weak to me.
Is it a real viable option ? I'm using Sunder to clear trashs mobs. But this "lock" some sockets that could be used with other skills.
Another question : do you still use Blood rage ?

Thanks again for your build :)

Hi, great you like the build!

I don't understand what you mean about this: "But this "lock" some sockets that could be used with other skills". Sorry, please explain that a little bit more so I can answer that part of your reply.

About Static Strike, in my opinion, is truly great for bosses, and I decided to put that as the main skill because it helps a lot facing almost any boss in the end game content. But, is true that for clearing trash mobs it has a poor performance. For that, I made four different options that allows you to choose between different game styles:

"

- Static Strike + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning (best for bosses, poor AoE performance)
- Sunder + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Concentrated Effect (great overall performance)
- Earthquake + Added Fire Damage + Less Duration + Increased Area of Effect (great overall performance)
- Cleave + Added Fire Damage + Multistrike + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect (similar to Reave, not available now, because it can't be used with axes)

I found Sunder and Earthquake the best options for clear speed. If you're using Varunastra, then Reave is my preferred one.

With 2.3 release, I dropped Varunastra and switch to Soul Taker, so I stop using Blood Rage because I decided to take Outmatch & Outlast ascendancy point (see "Other Considerations" section in the Update for 2.3). If you're using Varunastra, then maybe you prefer to stay with Blood Rage and take Violent Retaliation.

Hope this helps, regards!
Last edited by mas_mariano on Jun 12, 2016, 12:26:45 AM
"
Deeflowz wrote:
I ended up in the same situation , thinking about the same thing. Static Strike seems bad , I can't clear mobs fast enough or kill a boss.. Stucked at lvl 50 being extremly slow lvling process. I tried molten strike but with the talent's we have 2h weapon is trash to use. And I am wondering what he used to lvl up molten strike is something I doubt that was a viable option during lvling as well as static strike both are really bad. I have mana leech on my gloves,bloots,neck,ring and still run oom extremly fast.

Hi, same to Sanazami answer, I give four different options for the main skill, Static Strike is great for bosses but has poor clear speed. Then you can choose between the others, Sunder and Earthquake has great performance, Reave too, if you're using Varunastra. Please refer to "Skill Gems" section in the Update for 2.3 version.

About mana, while levelling I rely on Elreon jewellery, and then, Soul Taker (in 2.3 version) or (mana gain from The Anvil plus Varunastra in the 2.2 version of the build). If you're using a physical damage skill with huge range (Sunder, Earthquake, Reave), then you will need mana leech from gear because you usually don't block enough.

But at level 50, Elreon jewellery is what I choose to avoid mana issues. About Molten Strike, I used while levelling just the initial levels, not even after Normal difficulty.

"
zeroonea wrote:
Just bought this for 100chaos in prophecy, is it a nice roll?

Well, a perfect one has 296 pDPS and yours has 280 pDPS so I think is great being in a new league! Hope you enjoy the build!
"
MasywnyKnur wrote:
Hello.
I'm going play this character. I'll mix 2 variants - 6L Body Chest + Aegis Aurora Shield and Doryani's Catalyst. In that setup what would you recommand as a 6th gem in chest, because Elemental Focus isn't the best on crit build.
Should it be Faster Attacks or Increased Crit Strikes or something else?

Hi, hope this build works for you. I don't play the Doryani's version for quite a long time and now I can't test best 6L combination because I already respec my Duelist passive trees.

But, taking into account that with the left side of the tree is quite difficult to get a great Crit Chance, I will choose as first option the Increased Critical Strikes support gem.
"
Druna9000 wrote:
Really cool build. Thank you.
Can i run this build with lacerate? What will change?
And what change if I take the sword? Only axe nodes -> sword nodes?
Can you show skill tree for sword. I will be very grateful.
Thank you. Sorry for my EN)

I think that Lacerate will work great with this build, and there's no need in changing anything (but I don't test it yet).

About going with swords, I don't see any particular reason for doing that. Soul Taker is a great unique, you forget about having mana issues plus you could run 100% mana reservation auras. And most important, it seems to me that using RT, sword stats like Accuracy, Crit Chance/Multi are useless. Choosing Lacerate, it works with axes too.

Varunastra is different because it takes advantage of ANY 1H weapon type, so not only any modifiers apply, but additionally in cases like Deadly Dilettante, they stack.

PS: If you have in mind something more specific, I don't know, maybe a particular unique trying a Crit version of the build, please tell me and maybe I can help you with that.

On standard.

If only I had enchanted my legacy BoR instead. :(
Thx for your answers :3
"
mas_mariano wrote:

I don't understand what you mean about this: "But this "lock" some sockets that could be used with other skills". Sorry, please explain that a little bit more so I can answer that part of your reply.

I mean, keep both skills. But for doing so, you need more sockets. I realized, it's a shitty idea :P

"
mas_mariano wrote:

With 2.3 release, I dropped Varunastra and switch to Soul Taker, so I stop using Blood Rage because I decided to take Outmatch & Outlast ascendancy point (see "Other Considerations" section in the Update for 2.3). If you're using Varunastra, then maybe you prefer to stay with Blood Rage and take Violent Retaliation.

THen when do you take Outmatch & Outlast ? Should i go for Versatile combatant first ? Then gratuitous violence ?

Thx for your help :)
Oh, keep both skills is a bad idea, you need main skill in BoR to take advantage of the Melee Physical Damage plus Faster Attacks implicit there, if not, your damage output will be pretty useless.

Imo, the order for Ascendancy points are: Painforged + Versatile Combatant first for getting full block capabilities and improve our survivability. Then, go for Gratuitous Violence, and you will improve your clear speed. Finally, Outmath & Outlast (you could rely on Blood Rage for FC all the time until you get this final Ascendancy point).
Is this build capable to twined t15 mpas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info