[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Evil_Monkeys wrote:
What is the best main skill to use against uber izaro. seem to be lacking dps with static strike. any suggestions please?

Try using Sunder so you don't have to get so intimate. Personally I use Cleave, but with the cleave helm enchant.
Last edited by sicu on Mar 22, 2017, 10:32:46 PM
"
sicu wrote:
"
phopper33 wrote:
Any tips for dealing with the bosses in excavation? I have had ZERO issues with maps until Excavation and I need the shaper orb. Bosses just keep flattening me.

You should be able to facetank them, just be aware that the bosses have phylacteral link, making them invincible unless they have a yellow disc at their feet. This disc will jump from one boss to the next every 7 seconds, so make sure you swap your target so you can deal damage and leech life.

The only other thing you need to be aware of is the boss with righteous fire. Your spell block/dodge does not work on the degeneration damage, so make sure you pop your life flasks when needed (or use Sunder so you can attack from a manageable distance / or alternatively use Rise of the Phoenix shield and a Ruby flask to mitigate some of the damage with +89% fire resistance).

Yeah the main problem seems to be the degen. I have been using cleave. I will buy a level 20 Sunder and see how that works. As it is the degen just outpaces my flasks.
"
Yeah the main problem seems to be the degen. I have been using cleave. I will buy a level 20 Sunder and see how that works. As it is the degen just outpaces my flasks.

Leap Slam as movement gem is also a really nice utility for that map
From the varunastra drop-down part-"- Mana issues: not having Soul Taker means that we should worry about mana again. Using great AoE attack skills makes you block less, which means less mana gain on block from The Anvil. I suggest you look for some "Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" on Gloves and/or Rings (around +0.35% was enough for me)"

What do you mean in the part where great aoe attacks make you block less?
"
rookie91 wrote:
From the varunastra drop-down part-"- Mana issues: not having Soul Taker means that we should worry about mana again. Using great AoE attack skills makes you block less, which means less mana gain on block from The Anvil. I suggest you look for some "Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" on Gloves and/or Rings (around +0.35% was enough for me)"

What do you mean in the part where great aoe attacks make you block less?

The Anvil gives mana when you block, but if your AoE attacks kill off most mobs before they're close enough to hit, you gain no mana. So you need mana leech from rings/gloves or lab enchants.
Oh dang :l
"
slowhands wrote:
destrower37, what about guards and high tier maps? is't possible?

All are easy though there are always times that you need to watch out for things.
You can always get lucky and facetank through all of the guards, even more so with stibnite flask. Despite this, I do suggest avoiding some of the major attacks, keeping fortify up, and making the boss move so that bleed hits harder.
I did all content with this build last league with the exception of Shaper and Hall of the Grand Masters. (block guys suck) Main thing different from my current guy other than the obvious of not having legacy gear is that I was running with The Surrender for my shield.
I think I will swap anvil for a real amulet after I have legacy Bringer, honestly with 68-75 block chance you are more than ok, no need for that AS slow and no HP on amulet.
Hey guys,

what do you guys think about taking the indomitable node? I am kind of a new player and am not sure if this node would make you tankier or not.

Thanks!
"
kopaka900 wrote:
Hey guys,

what do you guys think about taking the indomitable node? I am kind of a new player and am not sure if this node would make you tankier or not.

Thanks!

Maybe a bit, but there are much better nodes for the cost. You will be wanting more attack speed and damage once you get to level 85 plus. I am sitting at almost 6k hp, and the only things that really pose threats to me are chaos damage I am not prepared for and degeneration damage, which isn't effected by that node anyway. I can pretty much face tank most other attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info