[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Ancestral WarchiefTotem - Attack, Duration, AoE, Melee

Soultaker - [...] Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks

After 2.6 i have only 61% bloack chance. Nothing changed in items. What happened? Is this build still viable?

can I get any feedback what should I upgrade next? Im sitting on 5k life, capped elemental resists, allthough no chaos resist at all. Right now Id like to progress with maps (T12 solo was max till now, but went pretty smooth). I'd also like to farm some uber labs, but Im getting one-shoted by Izaro too often :( My budget is around 300c, maybe more if I manage to sell some stuff.
"
maciek2g wrote:

can I get any feedback what should I upgrade next? Im sitting on 5k life, capped elemental resists, allthough no chaos resist at all. Right now Id like to progress with maps (T12 solo was max till now, but went pretty smooth). I'd also like to farm some uber labs, but Im getting one-shoted by Izaro too often :( My budget is around 300c, maybe more if I manage to sell some stuff.

I'd say just use Sunder for Izaro if that's the case. It helps you keep your distance and then you only have to worry about a few things. Also make sure you keep fortify up.
I'm sitting with roughly the same stats as you and I have 0 issues with Izaro. It may be based off of what weapons he's using at the time. (dual wield, sword and board, 2hd)
Otherwise....try to get more health and try to get more armour. Last league when I played this build, until geared up, I would just chain stibnite flask which made basically any content face roll.

This is the gear that I got so far. 5.6k health, capped ele resists, 78 block with tempest shield and ascendancy. Second pair of boots are the real ones but I just didnt want to mess the colors incase I want to switch back to old cwdt setup. Sunder dps is 59k in hideout, 81k with herald and hatred and 94k with totem up and 151k with atziris + lions roar. When you add in blood rage, frenzy charges, onslaught, punishment and other buffs from ascendancy it goes way more and hard to get an actual number.

Cleared twinned core deathless this weekend. Next I will probably try some of the guardians I guess.

Today I have been trying a different curse on hit setup with shield charge and punishment. Not really sure about the math side and exact increase in dps but so far it feels like a nice boost. It might actually be a better idea to keep it on the original cwdt setup so that way I can free 1 more gem for some thing like Vaal Lightning trap or maybe a second vaal haste or some other utility.

My question is what to upgrade next? What is the best bang for the buck dps wise? Legacy soul taker looks good but kinda really expensive. On the other hand a pair of steel rings would boost the dps quite a bit but again getting / crafting good ones is a pain.

I also thought about a penetration vinktar for static strike since it is mostly lightning dmg but not sure how it would work out. It would be nice if anyone has a way of testing it and comment about it.
Thank you for the inspiration! This build made me want to do a similar league starter but I had to do it a bit different because I wanted to use cyclone which made me want to use thrusting swords for the AoE.

Most fun I've had with a build so far, I think this will be the first league where I don't make new builds after the starter build!

Currently lvl 93 with 6250 life and 82500 hideout deeps and I beat two guardians without much problems so far.
My tree ended up quite different to yours. https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcBIcEsQUtBosKJgqbEPAUIBRxFSAV7Bm0Gj4bqhutIOMj9igqLOktgy_MMHwxnjGwMgkyTjWSOuE94j38QKBGt0d-SO5Nkk3jUEdYY18_X9pi7GMXZU1oZWxGbNhvO3JsdO12rHfjeA14rnk5eWh673sUfNl9dX7igTqCB4TZhO-FUoazivCLT4zPjX2PmZL3l3mbaqOKplepbq2NsbO18raKuR29Nr54vqfAGsC_wQTBB8GCyNzKkMv1z37Tb9N-1FLXfti92WHZfNrB3L3kUecK5w_pRuoY7w7vevIv8lrz3fZI9qP3MvgC-Ov-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=aplsin&characterName=PapaSpin

No IR because I don't think it's worth 3 points when the only evasion I have is from BoR. No Cloth and Chain because it doesn't feel worth it compared to more life nodes and such when we're not traveling to IR anyway. Picked up Quickstep and Aspect of The Lynx mainly because I really really want movement speed with cyclone but it's a bit extra dps too. One mana leech node because I don't run Soul taker.

Bit harder to gear without Cloth and Chain but I managed to 169+ resists with some help from jewels. Only problem is -60% chaos res but I've managed fine so far, I'll see if I can temporarily swap in some chaos gear when Overgrown Ruin finally drops for me.

Last edited by aplsin on Mar 20, 2017, 7:49:42 PM
If you are to farm shaped strands, you'd better get some chaos res on the gears and jewels.
AND there is this new ed contagion exile that will fuck you instantly.
I only farm shaped strands and several uber labs. Damage is more than enough. Even the atziri flask is unnecessary for uber izaro.

It's me again. Sorry for bothering, but could someone point me (write them down please) points u refund and get instead after getting legacy BoR?

Just got lucky and I can afford buying legacy BoR, but srsly, those trees looks the same for me. Idk if my browser is bugged or something but even in game, I cant figure out which passive skills I should replace?

nice work :)
"
Somoleks wrote:
After 2.6 i have only 61% bloack chance. Nothing changed in items. What happened? Is this build still viable?

you need 67 (if you capped at 78 with an anvil)

how to get it you ask ?

30 from lioneyes shield (or surrender shield)
17 from passive tree (defiance , tetsudo and solidity)
4 from gladiator ascendancy (6 after uber lab)
6 from BoR
8 from the anvil
---------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : 65% block chance

where you need the two last ones ? from UberLab or 2 jewels with 1% chance to block with shields

that's how you get 67%, that should be your block chance in your hidout or in town, the remaining 11% you get them with painforged (8%) and 3% from tempest shield

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info