Content Update 2.2.2 Coming Tomorrow. Patch Notes Available Now!

"
Tartaros38 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So you are basically giving a large amount of currency to a very small group of players who specialize in Frenzy based speed running builds. The same players will get those new jewels over and over and over, every day, on multiple accounts too. While everybody who doesn't play a specialized build will never have a chance at getting those jewels other than buying them from those people.

What a terrible idea.

There will always content which is better for specific builds. I don t see the problem here. If you are not willing to make a specific build for racing you are not interested in it in the first place.
If you wanna min-max the shit out of your character and you need the jewel for it, i highly doubt the prices of the jewel matters to you anyway compared to the mirrored gear you have until you reach the point it makes a difference. (example you get a 10str 10 spell or meele or whatever damage for like 1c ...... )

The worst part is not that these rewards will be available only to some very specific builds, but that they will be hoarded by a small group of players who will create multiple identical characters, transfer the optimal gear between them and fill the leaderboards with them. It will be a competition between Player A, Player B and Player C for the monopoly on selling of those jewels. And nobody else will ever get anything.

Do you see the issue now?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 13, 2016, 12:04:35 PM
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
I really hope I misunderstood about the labyrinth.

But does this mean, that if I have not been through the Labyrinth with a character in Normal, and that character is in Cruel and is lets say level 45 or higher ... I will no longer be able to first go through the Labyrinth in normal to get the first two Ascendancy points? ( As of next week that is. )

Please tell me that my mind went into paranoid mode by misunderstanding that? ( Because to be honest I do not care about where my characters are on the leader board ... which they are not by the way. )

You misunderstood. You won't qualify for the leaderboard at 45 if you're in normal.

That is good to know, thank you Archwizard. :)
Gratz to the top 20 players who will own all of the new jewels, nice work GGG your implementation rocks.
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
To be eligible for the Normal Labyrinth leaderboards you must be level 40 or lower.

This will change in the next week so that you can only enter the Normal Labyrinth leaderboard if you haven't left Normal difficulty on that character (and the same for the Cruel one).

I was only slightly interested in trying out the Leaderboards...now it is completely dead to me. I have less than zero interest in it.

Yeah, why doing a fair competition. *rofl*
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Awesome, keep this way GGG
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The worst part is not that these rewards will be available only to some very specific builds, but that they will be hoarded by a small group of players who will create multiple identical characters, transfer the optimal gear between them and fill the leaderboards with them.....

I don't see the issue. So the same people wasting their time over and over again just to hoard great amounts of useless gems.... What's the problem with that?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The worst part is not that these rewards will be available only to some very specific builds, but that they will be hoarded by a small group of players who will create multiple identical characters, transfer the optimal gear between them and fill the leaderboards with them.....

I don't see the issue. So the same people wasting their time over and over again just to hoard great amounts of useless gems.... What's the problem with that?

Umm... those jewels are not useless? They will be good for the builds that scale with raw stats.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The worst part is not that these rewards will be available only to some very specific builds, but that they will be hoarded by a small group of players who will create multiple identical characters, transfer the optimal gear between them and fill the leaderboards with them.

Except that everyone could make that same specific build.. Nothings stopping you.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The issue is that there is no point in doing labyrinth for most people, only few will actually run it. GGG themselves stated that they wanted more people to play labyrinth - hence why competition was introduced, and I was looking towards it, but it is a very flawed concept right now.

I would really like to participate in this, but since: rewards are pretty much useless + i need to make a specialize build + compete with people that have a specialized build, it is not worth the time. Running labyrinth itself is not very rewarding already, I rather do the mapping.

Why didn't they come up with something better ? For example make a different labyrinth event every day that would test build diversity, and gather points that will go towards a reward like they do in Race events.

For example:
- Get hit by 4 different trap types.
- Find a Rogue Exile and kill him
- Find two secret passages
- Gather at least 3 treasure keys
- Gather at least 3 silver keys
- Lure 100 monsters into the traps and let them be killed

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Umm... those jewels are not useless? They will be good for the builds that scale with raw stats.

Even for those builds these jewels are crap because they don't offer life or ES or resists. What these jewels offer is not enough to make them good jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info