[2.2] Mjölner Science Inquisitor lvl 100 Crit Discharge Life based - Videos of Core,Uber inside

"
MFJones wrote:
Doing this build in ESC, currently level 86. Haven't done uber lab yet cuz lazy.

It's pretty good but I'm only at 5k HP and haven't gotten MoM yet. I am doing up to T12 and T13 maps fine for the most part, it is fairly tanky and can sustain very easily for most bosses with rippy map mods so I am very impressed.

I feel like the crit is a bit low. Discharge crit maybe tops off at 33% or so. It isn't terrible and still makes use of the Inquisitor nodes but surgeon's flasks seem to recharge slow for me.

Hello, im sorry for the delayed reply.

First of all MoM is a setup that i only recommend at lvl 92+ because of neccessary life and jewel slots.

There are parts of this guide which arent updated because i didnt had time to for example:

- Skipped Grace for enfeeble and droped a few aura reduction nodes. My current Auras are: Purity of Fire, Arctic Armour, Enfeeble + Blasphemy and Discipline
Why Discpline you may ask? in my overworked setup my inquisitor as well as my juggernaut build have 2,5k ES which is a lot less troublesome because i rarely ever run out of energy shield in tough situations. For detailed calculations on how much ES is required in depenance of your life see my Juggernaut Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714478

- The new Mjolner Setup is: Arc, Discharge, Elemental Focus. Arc helps to generate additional powercharges and therefore endurance charges. Elemental Focus gives with righteous providence additional 100% crit chance which isnt dispalyed in the offensive sheet.

- Also a few Gear changes happend such as:

- Regarding Surgeons Flasks: They need to be legacy otherwise its far too slow recharge to be of any use in crit mode. The other important factor of course is crit chance and attack speed which leads to triggers for arc/discharge. As for my inqusitor with average 3-4 power charges on single target the calculated crit chance is around 50% (also factored in the righteous providence). This leads for me to a permanent uptime of legacy surgeons flasks. Jewels like this help to increase critchance aswell:
. Remember that this build has 8 Jewel slots. As for my juggernaut build which has significantly less crit chance the downtime of flasks is on average between 1 and 2 seconds.

I hope this helps. If there are more questions feel free to ask.

"
streej wrote:
First of all - nice build. What do you think about elemental equilibrium? Still works well with mjolner build or not worth to travel this path?

Elemental Equilibrium never worked in the first place for mjolner who is using molten strike. On Average the enemy ends up on being resistant to fire and lightning damage even if you got ice damage on your ring or somewhere else. For a whirlwind as trigger gem it works but with the MoM mechanic the hits of whirlwind are not enough to sustain ES Pool with ES gain on hit jewels. Therefore moltenstrike is neccessary for this build. Also Inevitable Judgement rules out elemental equilibrium by mechanics as it will ignore elemetal resistances of enemies no matter if they are +120% or -200%. They will be counted as 0% when a crit occurs.
Last edited by zzang on Sep 26, 2016, 2:46:05 PM
Hi, can you tell me how much mana cost your molten strike pls ?

I'm planning on a kitava/mjolner build, do you think it could work ?
"
supermax38 wrote:
Hi, can you tell me how much mana cost your molten strike pls ?

I'm planning on a kitava/mjolner build, do you think it could work ?

Sorry for the late reply my Inquisitor is currently naked because i have done a new Mjolner build in the last few days which downed shaper:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750841

but you can calculate the mana costs easily for yourself its basemana cost * multipliers from support gems

For example when using repentance: base mana cost * 1.1 * 1.65 * 1.8 * 1.65 * 1.15 = 37 Mana cost
With Voidbringer you add 80% of mana cost to its base and do the same calculation as above.

Here is a spreadsheet that does the job for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-LBniVKAXIXXdQl_YWhbdM_A-HL61mtvQaPKGIVkRs/edit#gid=0

To use it simply copy it for yourself.

Regrding kitava i have no experience therefore i cannot tell how it will work out.
"
zzang wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
Doing this build in ESC, currently level 86. Haven't done uber lab yet cuz lazy.

It's pretty good but I'm only at 5k HP and haven't gotten MoM yet. I am doing up to T12 and T13 maps fine for the most part, it is fairly tanky and can sustain very easily for most bosses with rippy map mods so I am very impressed.

I feel like the crit is a bit low. Discharge crit maybe tops off at 33% or so. It isn't terrible and still makes use of the Inquisitor nodes but surgeon's flasks seem to recharge slow for me.

Hello, im sorry for the delayed reply.

First of all MoM is a setup that i only recommend at lvl 92+ because of neccessary life and jewel slots.

There are parts of this guide which arent updated because i didnt had time to for example:

- Skipped Grace for enfeeble and droped a few aura reduction nodes. My current Auras are: Purity of Fire, Arctic Armour, Enfeeble + Blasphemy and Discipline
Why Discpline you may ask? in my overworked setup my inquisitor as well as my juggernaut build have 2,5k ES which is a lot less troublesome because i rarely ever run out of energy shield in tough situations. For detailed calculations on how much ES is required in depenance of your life see my Juggernaut Mjolner Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714478

- The new Mjolner Setup is: Arc, Discharge, Elemental Focus. Arc helps to generate additional powercharges and therefore endurance charges. Elemental Focus gives with righteous providence additional 100% crit chance which isnt dispalyed in the offensive sheet.

- Also a few Gear changes happend such as:

- Regarding Surgeons Flasks: They need to be legacy otherwise its far too slow recharge to be of any use in crit mode. The other important factor of course is crit chance and attack speed which leads to triggers for arc/discharge. As for my inqusitor with average 3-4 power charges on single target the calculated crit chance is around 50% (also factored in the righteous providence). This leads for me to a permanent uptime of legacy surgeons flasks. Jewels like this help to increase critchance aswell:
. Remember that this build has 8 Jewel slots. As for my juggernaut build which has significantly less crit chance the downtime of flasks is on average between 1 and 2 seconds.

I hope this helps. If there are more questions feel free to ask.

Hey started this build as well in ESC on Inquisitor. Lvl 92 so far. Im with MFJones in that I only have 5k hp and 2.2k ES. I have MoM and linked Blood Magic instead of LMP, which helped survivability a lot. I have a total of 9 endurance charges. Do you think its worth just having 6 charges and get two extra jewel slots instead? Since the Inquisitor can get max charges like juggernaut.

Thanks in advanced!
"
TJG wrote:

Hey started this build as well in ESC on Inquisitor. Lvl 92 so far. Im with MFJones in that I only have 5k hp and 2.2k ES. I have MoM and linked Blood Magic instead of LMP, which helped survivability a lot. I have a total of 9 endurance charges. Do you think its worth just having 6 charges and get two extra jewel slots instead? Since the Inquisitor can get max charges like juggernaut.

Thanks in advanced!

Hello there, the blood magic replacement is an excellent move i did this too on my life version. Im curious what your average charges are as inquisitor for singletargets 9 seems a bit a hard to reach maybe im wrong? Personally i go with 5/5. Jewel Slots can be worth it if you dont reach 9 endurance charges at bossfights very often. If you manage to keep 9 endurance charges up against bosses id say keep em!
"
zzang wrote:

Hello there, the blood magic replacement is an excellent move i did this too on my life version. Im curious what your average charges are as inquisitor for singletargets 9 seems a bit a hard to reach maybe im wrong? Personally i go with 5/5. Jewel Slots can be worth it if you dont reach 9 endurance charges at bossfights very often. If you manage to keep 9 endurance charges up against bosses id say keep em!

Yea, 9 is pretty much impossible single target as Inquisitor, highest i've seen so far is 6 but it's pretty inconsistent so I'd say that you are right about going 5 and 5. Will test out 6 endurance and like 5 power charges, maybe if i had more than 3 power charges to expire/use I would reach 6 more often single target. If not ill just bump it down to 5 and 5.

Thanks for the reply!
any1 beat uber atziri so far in ESC with this build? i mean BEAT in terms of able to farm and not "1 portal left, phew"
"
any1 beat uber atziri so far in ESC with this build? i mean BEAT in terms of able to farm and not "1 portal left, phew"

I havent played my inquisitor since 2.2 except for some basic maps testing in 2.4. My guess is that the damage after the nerfs is not sufficient to do uber safely. If you want to do uber safely as a mjolner user i recommend my latest facetank shaper mjolner build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750841

My juggernaut from 2.3 might do the uber atziri job just fine: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714478

Personally for me the new metric is shaper viable which make uber atziri look like a cakewalk.
Hey! Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you so much for the guide. Briefly, between the skill tree in the guide and the one you gave in the comments, which do you feel is stronger (In the general sense)? How should I spec in my ascendancy tree? Thanks again!

Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnApYEBwSzBS0FQgmqCbsMUhEtFCAUTRZvFy8YXRiRGjgb-hzcHRQfGCFgJd8nCycvKaUsnC0fLdIy0TboQKBBlkVHRZ1Gt0nVTLNR-1NSVbVVxlXWVw1Z814TXz9hUmTnZlRmnmhYaGVo8nIPcql08Xaseu98g4CkggeCHoO2g9uFMoZghtGJ2IuMjM-OZI8aj0aQVZJulG-VIJrgnHuezZ8-n8uiAKQZpwinMKi5rKqtja3xrrO2LLb6vFa8n8BmwJrBBMHzzRbPftAf0PXSIdJ802_Xltlh2fzbC-Nq6hjr7u1h7w7vTu_r8B_yQfNv85v2SPcy96b53frS_Es=

Comments: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnApYEBwSzBS0FQgmqDlwRLRLhFCAUTRZAFm8XLxhdGJEaOBo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCycvKS4ppSycLR8t0jLRNug9_ECgQZZFR0V-RZ1Gt0yzUDBTUlXGVdZXDVhjWfNeE18_YVJk52ZUZp5oZWr6cg9yqXTxdqx673yDfL
iApIIHgh6DtoPbhX2GYIbRi4yMz45kjxqPRpBVkc6SbpLQlG-VIJZsmuCce57Nnz6fy6IApwinMKyqrY2t8a6ztvq8VryfwGbAmsHzz37QH9D10iHSfNNv2WHZ
_NsL42rqGOvu7WHvDu9O7-vwH_Gs8kHzm_ZI9zL3pvnd-tL8Sw==
Some stuff was outdated in this thread since im on my 3rd Mjolner iteration (Low Life pathfinder > all other mjolners) take a look if interested: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750841

Regarding Templar if id still play my lvl 100 templar id go with this skilltree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnApYEBwSzBS0FQgmqCbsMUg5cES0UIBRNFm8XLxhdGJEaOBzcHRQfGCSqJLAnLyycLR8t0jH7MtE26DbpOlhAoEGWRUdFfkWdRrdJ1UyzUftTUlW1VcZV1lcNWfNeE18_YVJmVGaeaFhoZWjyavpyD3KpdO12rHrvfIN_44CkggeCHoPbhTKGYIbRidiLjIzPjmSPGo9GkFWSbpRvlSCa4Jx7ns2fPp_LogCnCKcwqLmsqq2NrfGus7b6vFa8n8BmwJrBBMHzzRbPftAf0PXSIdJ802_Xltlh2fzbC-Nq6hjr7u1h7w7vTu_r8B_yQfNv85v2SPcy96b53frS_Es=

Changes mainly due to aura and gear changes (like helm and boots). I have updated the gear an skilltree section in the first post.

I droped Grace because armour is useless nowadays. Also important: change LMP for Bloodmagic it solves a lot of scatchy situations and makes the build more consistent and tanky overall.

New Auras: Enfeeble + Blasphemy, Arctic Armour, Purity of Fire, Discipline for a total ES Buffer of 2.5k.

See my second iteration of Mjolner (Juggernaut) from 2.4 how this bigger energy shield buffer works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714478

Last edited by zzang on Nov 25, 2016, 10:57:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info