[2.2] Mjölner Science Inquisitor lvl 100 Crit Discharge Life based - Videos of Core,Uber inside

Update History ---------------------------------

26.11.2016 Item and skilltree section was updated, some sections are outdated i recommend to read the last pages.

Abstract:
Update: After Juggernaut Nerfs Im back to my old build and will try to maximize it with the new parameters given by skilltree/gears/gems.

Update 2: My current best performing Mjolner build i've ever had Low Life Pathfinder the ultimate Tank - Shaper down: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750841

See my Juggernaut Mjolner version of this build if interested: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714478 It is tankier but has less dps.

Yet another Mjolner Guide!

After hitting lvl 100 I decided to make a Guide for my Mjolner build.
This guide is in Standard and uses Legacy Gear, the minimum requirement is a voll’s devotion, 6 link Kingsguard, Romiras, Saffels and Mjolner.
This build is a very good Boss killer
and is for you if you like playing mjolner on life base that is very forgiving at mistakes because of the MASSIVE tankiness.
Its Possible to do the hardest content in the game with this build. I Did Uber, Hall of Grandmasters and Core with it see Video Section.

In terms of bang for the bucks CoC Discharge aka Fakener CI - Trickster is way better. Check out this guide for CI Fakener - Trickster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9yiuIki_g

Another cheaper alternative would be "Hard in the Paint" -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1646577 which can be as good as this regarding tankiness but HitP falls off in terms of dps.

The purpose of this guide is that I would like to share and discuss my build for
optimization and experience exchange of life based mjolner builds.

The Baseline stats of this build are:
- 6k life + 1 K ES with MoM
- 14 Energy Shield Gained on Hit in total from Jewels (planning to go for 18)
- 8 Jewel Slots
- 4% Phys Reduction (8% with golem)
- 6,45 Attacks per Second during Combat with Moltenstrike
- 12 Projectiles from Moltenstrike (LMP+GMP+3 MS Proj. enchantment on helm)
- Discharge Critchance in Hideout unbuffed: 33.39 (not counting 100% inc. from Righteous
Providence)
- 4 Auras Running: Purity of Fire, Blsphemy + Enfeeble (alternativley Purity of Light),
Discipline for a total ES Buffer of 2.5k and Arctic Armour
- Stun immune
- Silence immune
- Positive chaos resistance in Merciless (2%) - can have capped chaos res in a different
setup
- Resists with perma Flask uptime are: 93% Fire, 87% Cold, 92% Light
- 15,5k Base Armour in Hideout, 60k with Granite + Jade perme Flask uptime
- 4 Endurance and 4 Power Charges (went down from 7 Endurance and 5 Power)

Pros and Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
This build is an unstoppable walking tank with incredible life replinish effect even on no life leech/mana leech mod maps. During Bossfights the uptime of (legacy)surgeons flasks is permanent which boosts the incredible tankiness by even more. A Combination of Mind over Matter and Eldritch Battery provides additional 1k eHP to tank the biggest slams in the game. This build runs Arctic Armour as 4th aura for additional tankiness and +2 Projectiles for Moltenstrike as a helm enchant for more deeps. During combat this build have around 6.45 Attacks per second with molten strike at 11 projectiles per skill use which leads to a very nice single target DPS. If you would like to clear Hall of Grandmasters swap in a block chance reduction gem and get ready to pwnz and ignore their elemental immunities. Of course there are many builds which are specialized for certain content of the game but this is one single build which can do all game content.

Cons:
There is one Drawback to the EB+ MoM Combo which is that it can be crucial in situations where you get many big hits in a small amount of time. For example the thorn rain of Uber trio will empty the resource pool. Another point is that my build can not do reflect maps, i could tell people that i can run those but as soon as flasks are down it means death therefore im not gonna fool people here. Another point is that my version of life mjolner is pretty expensive and not recommended for any beginner who just have a mjolner to work with. The last point is that the hardest content in the game (Uber and Core/Twinned Core) still require some dodging skills. So not every boss is a complete namelock and win like all the rest of the game content.

Decision Making/FAQ
Spoiler

Why did you chose Inquisitor for this build?

After ascendancy came out I was playing as a witch and it didn’t make too much sense for me to continue playing her because Templars subclass the inquisitor was just a way better synergy for this build. Because he offers a very nice Keystone.

Inevitable Judgement: You will set the enemies elemental resists to 0 when a critical hit is done otherwise it penetrates 10% elemental resists. Especially in red maps (t12+) enemy resistances can be quite high due to map mods/Bosses/Beyond Mobs or rare mods on enemies. Therefore it is a very useful ability when we critical hit for around 50% of the time during combat.
We also get some decent Crit chance/Multiplier boost from Righteous Providence and a nice little increase in elemental damage and elemental defense from Augury of Penitence. It is possible to pick Instruments of Virtue here instead because 14% increased attack. Although the spell %increase part wont work with triggered gems, because spells need to be used by urself.

What do you think about the MoM + Eldritch Battery Combo with Energy Shield gained on hit Jewels?

If its about tanking the hardest single hits in the game the additional 1k ES is like additional 1k life. Therefore its great and im using this combo espeicially for boss killing.

MoM is only recommended if certain requirements are met which are around 6 APS and 14-18 energy shield gained on hit from jewels otherwise the energy shield refill could be a little bit too slow. I recommend using bloodmagic instead of lesser multiplie projectiles to prevent scatchy situations due to MoM Mechanics. For people who just want to use EB as a mana source 2 jewels with 6+ energy shield gained on hit is good enough for skill supplying.

Why do you use Arctic Armour?

Because for the time we attack we are stationary this means we get the full damage reduction of arctic armour (13% less physical damage and 12% less fire damage). For Physical Hits artic armour is like additional 780 life considering a baseline HP of 6k. For hits that are Phys/Fire like the conservatory Slam Arctic Armour effectivley increases the life by (780 phys + 720 fire = 1500 extra life.

What do you think is the optimal amount of charges for 2.5 Mjölner (as Inquisitor)?

My answer will focus on boss situations because this is where it really matters.

My personal recommendation from experience in 2.5 is around 4 or 5 power charges and 5 endurance charges. Due to critical hits and the way romiras work you will end up having more often 5 endurance charges than 5 power charges. So its safe to say to have one endurance charge more than power charge.

What Map Mods you need to reroll?

Bloodmagic is uncomfortable but doable without auras.
Elemental Reflect is the only stat that needs to be rerolled.

What do you think about spending 3 Points for the Flaks nodes?

Personally i recommend those flask nodes a lot as they can bump max resistance from surgeons flasks up to 8% with conquerors efficiency. But if you need skillpoints there would be the possibility to remove those 3 nodes for something else.

Why you don’t use intuitive leap?

I have tried every possible way I could imagine and I have always lost a point or life or armour or a jewel. There wasn’t a single path I could go where intuitive leap could safe me a point. If someone have a path for me I’d be glad to know.

Should I use Elemental Focus or Iron Will as third Mjolner gem socket in case i want to use Voidbringer?

Both are an excellent choice but I think especially against bosses Elemental Focus is better because the bosses wont be ignited and therefoure Righteous Providence provieds 100% increased crit chance in every situaton.
For regular mapping I would recommed iron will as shocking low life bosses and cheap mobs/packs helps with clear speed.

Why no Repentance or Life Gloves with Attackspeed?

It depends on the offensive VS defensive decision making. Either we go offensive with elemtal focus + repentance for more deps or we go defense with voidbringer for faster flask recharges/ additional 1% max fire/light res with lvl 23 purities and some more ele penetration chance.

Build

Bandits
Spoiler

Oak, Kaitryn, Alira or Oak - doesnt matter which charge the other will cost you 2 skill points anyway as of 2.5 it would be good to have around 5/5 charges in total

Gear
Spoiler

Damage Setup switches Voidbringer for:

switch gems for speeding up boss kills:

Replace Iron Will for conc effect if you are using repentance
+

switch boots especially for palace dominus tanking with blasphemy + enfeeble and purity of lightning instead of fire:

chaos res boots setup:

Jewels
Spoiler
The Priority goes like this:

Life>Energy Shield gained on hit>Primary Attackspeed>Secondary Attackspeed or [Insert Stat that you need] fourth stat can be increased damage, increased area damage, crit multi, crit chance, resist, +stats. Basically Anything that you need to hit required resists and stats.

My Jewels:

Auras
Spoiler

0 Mana left in this Setup

or

and

2x

Flasks
Spoiler

Flasks and their capability to refill on crit are very important for this build. Therefore i have multiple flask setups depending on bosses/maps.

Usual Setup:

Another common Setup:
or

Defensive Setup:

Super Defensive Setup with one Resist Flask:
Change either fire or Lightning Flask for:

Super² Defensive Setup with no Resist Flask against the biggest physical hits:

Uber Trio Setup:
the chaos flask can be replaced for

There are other possible Trio Setups it depends on the situation if the first try is screwed up but normally they are no problem.

The screenshot and video section contains outdated material from patch 2.2

Screenshots: Stats
Spoiler

6.45 APS with Bloodrage during combat (NO Frenzy Charges involved)

Arc Damage unbuffed

Hideout Defenses no Buffs/Golem - just Auras

Chaos Res Setup

Videos
Spoiler

Malachai Slams on Merciless: 3 Minutes of constant slam tanking from Malachai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMdbZTBknFc&feature=youtu.be

Conservatory: Tanking Shadow of the Vaal Slam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncDjg9_hXs&feature=youtu.be

Twinned Palace: Dominus on increased Monster Damage; tanked the Slam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r5Iex378aQ&feature=youtu.be

Uber kill: was my first attempt since long time and therfore played like an amateur, died a few times but tanking a double uber flameblast in the video( i can only record the last 15 minutes therefore the vaal boss didnt make it in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZhy5hV4JE&feature=youtu.be

Hall of Grandmasters: I cleared all 6 floors thanks to reduced blockchance gem. Due to my recording software which only allows to capture the last 15 minutes there are only 3 floors visible in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8QWePcx-qU&feature=youtu.be

Core Malachai: Did a slight mistake at shavrones but clean malachai kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMmJ1fGUzU&feature=youtu.be

Twinned Excavation Boss on damage mods and temp chains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxu3YwDYD-U&feature=youtu.be

Twinned Village Ruin Boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3RUz4odxk&feature=youtu.be

Twinned Wasteland: Tempchains and Added Fire Damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NvkBOyYLE&feature=youtu.be

If you would like see me doing a certain map with certain mods leave a message in the Thread and i will see what i can do to fullfill that request.

Thanks for watching! And feel free to ask questions in this thread or post suggestions.

Special Thanks goes to Fyndel and Libritannia who helped me get lvl 100.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 10, 2017, 8:54:22 AM
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2016, 5:26:14 PM
"
Why no Repentance or Life Gloves with Attackspeed?
Because we need them critz % from void bringer

If crit % is the only reason (like +2 levels to elemental gems can be skipped) then what would you say about wearing repentance and repalce Iron Will gem with Increased Critrical Strikes, it gives you ~2.0% base crit and 100% crit chance as well. Wouldn't that be a better option?
Last edited by ojejku on Apr 12, 2016, 12:51:15 PM
Edit - For the Readers: As of 11.05.16 some parts of the following posts below are outdated. The actual build how it is can be taken form the first post above.

"
ojejku wrote:

If crit % is the only reason (like +2 levels to elemental gems can be skipped) then what would you say about wearing repentance and repalce Iron Will gem with Increased Critrical Strikes, it gives you ~2.0% base crit and 100% crit chance as well. Wouldn't that be a better option?

you are right, the crit chance is not the only reason, as with the corrupted ones i have i get the gems to lvl 23 which means +1 additional max resist, the third reason is lvl 5 enlighten which allows to run additionally artic armour which otherwise would not be possible.

Your suggestion made me keen to try it out so i recolored my mjolner for cirt chance and replaced iron will. I used -5% roll repentance gloves and in the end i had 2k less damage with full charges. This is because iron will from repentance give no additional spell damage bonus like the gem.

Iron will from Repentance would be 87% spell damage increase with 437 Str
The Gem gives 87% + 20/20 gem (+48% spell dmg)

The Crit chance slightly increases to 65% which is ~ 11% more crit chance on full charges but for me personally the max resist and additional arctic armour aura + some more raw damage (2k) outweight 11% critchance by a lot.
Last edited by zzang on May 11, 2016, 12:10:09 PM
That's quite lowish, I mean only 11% more, I would expect that 2.0% base would be much better like 20% at least, how many PCs do u have? (I guess it should scale up).

There's one additional advantage that needs to be taken into account as well. While wearing repentance you don't need to use BM gem, instead you can wear LMP which should increase procing crit even more.
"
ojejku wrote:
That's quite lowish, I mean only 11% more, I would expect that 2.0% base would be much better like 20% at least, how many PCs do u have? (I guess it should scale up).

There's one additional advantage that needs to be taken into account as well. While wearing repentance you don't need to use BM gem, instead you can wear LMP which should increase procing crit even more.

Currently i have 6 Power Charges and the 11% more is already with power charges, without Powercharges the crit chance increase is only 6.5% (because in the process 139% crit chance is lost from void bringers therefore the impact is very low).

About LMP: This is also stated in my Decision Making/Faq section.
<strike>
The reason i dont consider the +2 projectiles for LMP as an option is primarily due to arctic armour, i run 4 auras: Grace, PoF, PoL, Arctic Armour - this is only possible with a +1 to gems corruption or the jewel conquerors efficiency(in my case on gloves: void bringers). This means 9 mana left in my case. I consider tankiness to be more worth than dps as my personal preference especially when the dps increase is negligible. One of the reasons why I didnt die a single time from 93 to <strike>For Further reasons against LMP instead of Bloodmagic see: Decision Making/FAQ.

I also could run LMP with void bringers when i skip arctic armour but thats something i dont wanna do, maybe if i ever get me a second 6 link kingsguard for a more offensive setup. But the main theme behind my build is tankiness. </strike>

LMP Edit
Spoiler

Now running LMP with minimal defensive losses in the voidbringer setup via eldritch battery as mana supply thanks to intre for pointing it out to me!
Last edited by zzang on Apr 14, 2016, 7:06:59 PM
Did you think about taking 5 nodes from somewhere and going EB with +ES jewels? No need to use Blood Magic gem.

Let me suggest you this tree based on the previous:

http://poeurl.com/B0U

Now this allows me to run 2 purities + Grace, without taking the Champion of the Cause wheel.
In the ascendancy, Righteous Providence gives us 100% increased critical strike chance against enemies that are affected by NO elemental status ailments. This means that we can use Repentance gloves, and swap Iron Will by Elemental Focus, so we always get that 100% increased crit chance, and the More damage modifier of the gem.
Last edited by intre on Apr 14, 2016, 3:19:49 PM
"
intre wrote:
Did you think about taking 5 nodes from somewhere and going EB with +ES jewels? No need to use Blood Magic gem.

Im pretty happy you suggested me this, I have thought about it and i have tried it out and it works pretty good, i managed to respec my tree so that i only lose around 160 life and 20% armour when going for eldritch battery. I have yet to do a long term test against durable bosses if i run dry on energy shield or not.

edit: Just tested it on atziri, no mana problems works great!

new tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnApYEBwSzBS0FQgmqDlwRLRLhFCAUTRZAFm8XLxhdGJEaOBo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCycvKS4ppSycLR8t0jLRNug9_ECgQZZFR0V-RZ1Gt0yzUDBTUlXGVdZXDVhjWfNeE18_YVJk52ZUZp5oZWr6cg9yqXTxdqx673yDfL
iApIIHgh6DtoPbhX2GYIbRi4yMz45kjxqPRpBVkc6SbpLQlG-VIJZsmuCce57Nnz6fy6IApwinMKyqrY2t8a6ztvq8VryfwGbAmsHzz37QH9D10iHSfNNv2WHZ
_NsL42rqGOvu7WHvDu9O7-vwH_Gs8kHzm_ZI9zL3pvnd-tL8Sw==

"
intre wrote:

Let me suggest you this tree based on the previous:

http://poeurl.com/B0U

Now this allows me to run 2 purities + Grace, without taking the Champion of the Cause wheel.
In the ascendancy, Righteous Providence gives us 100% increased critical strike chance against enemies that are affected by NO elemental status ailments. This means that we can use Repentance gloves, and swap Iron Will by Elemental Focus, so we always get that 100% increased crit chance, and the More damage modifier of the gem.

About the tree you linked me: From my point of view its very suboptimal it got 21% less life, 3 less charges in total (or 3 less jewels depending how you distribute those lase 6 points, 50% less armour, all in all too many points are lost in your tree by going into the shadow area.

Regarding Elemental focus, i have tried it and it bumped my dps by quite a lot i will have to consider it, but this needs further testing in the next days as also 10% total crit, (without charges) + 1 max resist fire/lightning and arctic armour is lost in the process of using repentance. I will probably pass on Elemental Focus althoug it bumped my Dps to 50k on 6/6 without other buffs but the defense loses are curcial.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 14, 2016, 7:04:18 PM
"
zzang wrote:

Im pretty happy you suggested me this, I have thought about it and i have tried it out and it works pretty good, i managed to respec my tree so that i only lose around 160 life and 20% armour when going for eldritch battery. I have yet to do a long term test against durable bosses if i run dry on energy shield or not.

edit: Just tested it on atziri, no mana problems works great!

new tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHnApYEBwSzBS0FQgmqDlwRLRLhFCAUTRZAFm8XLxhdGJEaOBo-HNwdFCBuIWAnCycvKS4ppSycLR8t0jLRNug9_ECgQZZFR0V-RZ1Gt0yzUDBTUlXGVdZXDVhjWfNeE18_YVJk52ZUZp5oZWr6cg9yqXTxdqx673yDfLiApIIHgh6DtoPbhX2GYIbRi4yMz45kjxqPRpBVkc6SbpLQlG-VIJZsmuCce57Nnz6fy6IApwinMKyqrY2t8a6ztvq8VryfwGbAmsHzz37QH9D10iHSfNNv2WHZ_NsL42rqGOvu7WHvDu9O7-vwH_Gs8kHzm_ZI9zL3pvnd-tL8Sw==

About the tree you linked me: From my point of view its very suboptimal it got 26% less life, 3 less charges in total (or 3 less jewels depending how you distribute those lase 6 points, 50% less armour, all in all too many points are lost in your tree by going into the shadow area.

Regarding Elemental focus, i have tried it and it bumped my dps by quite a lot i will have to consider it, but this needs further testing in the next days as also 10% total crit, (without charges) + 1 max resist fire/lightning and arctic armour is lost in the process of using repentance. I will probably pass on Elemental Focus althoug it bumped my Dps to 50k on 6/6 without other buffs but the defense loses are curcial.

First of all, I've made a little mistake in my previous tree as I forgot to take Arcane Potency. This tree takes it:

http://poeurl.com/B1f

Yeah you lose charges but take into account you don't discharge all of them at a time. Now I'm doing 4/4 and 3 jewels at level 89. At that level, with Grace I get a 49% phys reduction, and with Fortify and flask I get up to 86%. The tree I linked you gets a 100% increased crit change for spells from Doom Cast instead of getting up to a 150% of the Voidbringers, but I also get a +15% to crit multi, and using Repentance you get an extra 100% crit chance in all mobs (instead of not doing that crit chance always) and a lot of more damage by Elemental Focus.
One thing about charges and Romira's + Voll's I've read last year is that if you get too many power charges, you do more crits so you get less of these charges instead, so it looks like 4 PC and 6 or 7 EC are the optimal.
Also you do a 12% less attack speed, so you lose survivability from the chest and damage. You also do less elemental damage from tree, and have a bit less STR/INT/DEX.
About the +1 to resists, you should get them back by taking the Influence node.
Are you taking Grace+AA+ 2 purities?
When you say your dps are bumped to 50k, what are the initial dps? How do you measure them?
If with Elemental Focus the dps go sky rocket, I might consider losing the extra elemental damage from the Shadow area and take some nodes from the Marauder area.
By the way, these flask nodes from the Witch area now after the flask nerf only gives you a +1 to resists, it may not be worth to take them.

I wish I had a lvl100 templar and enough regrets to test both. By the way, now I've got 4800 life with no life on shield, belt, ring, amulet and helmet.

To give you a structured reply about my thoughts i will put the quotes into paragraphs

"
intre wrote:

First of all, I've made a little mistake in my previous tree as I forgot to take Arcane Potency. This tree takes it:

http://poeurl.com/B1f

Yeah you lose charges but take into account you don't discharge all of them at a time. Now I'm doing 4/4 and 3 jewels at level 89. At that level, with Grace I get a 49% phys reduction, and with Fortify and flask I get up to 86%.

My armour in my current setup amounts to 58880 with granite and jade flask and grace which states a estimated phys reduction of 85 % (not counting fortify but of course im using foritfy too). Without flasks my Armour is 14k which resembles an estimated phys reduction of 58% (no golem, no fortify, no charges, no other buffs). My resistances with flasks are 93/87/92 as you can take from the screenshots i provided. I will cover the charges and jewels in a later paragraph.

"
intre wrote:

The tree I linked you gets a 100% increased crit change for spells from Doom Cast instead of getting up to a 150% of the Voidbringers, but I also get a +15% to crit multi, and using Repentance you get an extra 100% crit chance in all mobs (instead of not doing that crit chance always) and a lot of more damage by Elemental Focus.
One thing about charges and Romira's + Voll's I've read last year is that if you get too many power charges, you do more crits so you get less of these charges instead, so it looks like 4 PC and 6 or 7 EC are the optimal.
Also you do a 12% less attack speed, so you lose survivability from the chest and damage. You also do less elemental damage from tree, and have a bit less STR/INT/DEX.
About the +1 to resists, you should get them back by taking the Influence node.
Are you taking Grace+AA+ 2 purities?

As i stated in my abstract and also in a further post above, my main goal is not to go for highest possible dps but for tankiness. Of course i want a balance between those two factors. If i would just want more dps id go straight CI fakener. In that regard I think from my point of view that going into the shadow area just for 100% crit chance and 12% attack speed means an incredible loss in life/damage and survivability in general. Im leaving out the aura reduction node from the shadow area on purpose because i dont need it to run Grace+AA+ 2 purities. I will elaborate this further below in the bullet list.

About having those 100% increased crit chance from Righteous Providence all the time: This is not required for normal mobs at all since for me usually one round of discharges is enough to oneshot packs in red maps. For the very most bosses I use vinktars flask which means i will have the crit multiplier instead of the crit chance from Righteous Providence anyways.

Technically you could have the same resistance bonus from auras without lvl 23 purities with your tree but this would require you to take an additional (minimum +5%) aura effect node. Keep in mind that the tree you linked me is already 97. Which means it would be a lv 98 tree with the additional aura effect node to hit the same resistance bonus as i have with void bringer. Thanks to the additional aura reduction node you got you should be able to run arctic armour too so that falls off the table. As with the Lvl 98 Tree you then would have 2 Points left to cover the following:

- 4 less charges where each endurance charge means more damage and additional 4% phys mitigation. Regarding the optimum amount of charges i can only speak for myself and tell you that with the additional +2 projectiles from lmp that i have now, im pretty much all the time at 6 endurance charges during combat and 4-6 power charges. While its situaional, but not too uncommon i get up to 6 power charges which negates the advantage of the 100% crit chance from the shadow area atleast for a portion of fights.

- The Tree you linked me have 2 Jewel slots only and 157% life, the tree im using have 5 Jewel slots and 175% life. If i add this up counting 7% life for each jewel missing and the gap of the remaining 18% life this amounts to 39% life which is huge (around 720 less net life). My Current Life is at 5860. It is important to note that the only situation i could die from on my way to lvl 100 was to get one shot, which means more life = better one shot resistance. And there was situations where mobs hitted me for 5.2k to 5.7k (after damage reductions). While its true that you have 16% increased ele damage more, my latest 2 jewels cover that by providing me 15% spell damage while holding a shield each, this makes 30% increasewd spell damage more.

- The 12% less attack speed in my tree is covered by my 3 additional jewel slots (one of the jewels is a tripple attack speed jewel which provides 13% attack speed by itself see jewel section for further details). The other 2 dual attack speed Jewels provide 11% and 10% attack speed. This means that after accounting for the additional jewel slots i have around 22% increased attack speed more. Additional damage mods or life from those jewel slots are covered in the bullet point above. About the stats (STR/INT/DEX: I have covered my required dex/int through items and i dont need more. The 20 less STR in my tree means 10 less life and 4% decreased spell damage, its insignificant.

- I see that your tree only have 1,6% life regenration which will make it hard for you to run bloodrage for additional 20% attack speed. Atleast it shouldnt feel too comfortable to constantly lose life while running BR. Personally i run BR without losing life even if I currently have no charges.

- About the flask charges: I might check if its worth to remove them and spec into either 15% increased life or get a 6th jewel OR even better using conquerors efficiency as my 6th jewel use repentance ele focus and still keep all my auras and life while bumping my dps quite high. But the latter needs further testing if my surgeons mechanics still run to my satisfaction as going from 32,x% critchance to 22.% is quite a lot

"
intre wrote:

When you say your dps are bumped to 50k, what are the initial dps? How do you measure them?
If with Elemental Focus the dps go sky rocket, I might consider losing the extra elemental damage from the Shadow area and take some nodes from the Marauder area.
By the way, these flask nodes from the Witch area now after the flask nerf only gives you a +1 to resists, it may not be worth to take them.

I wish I had a lvl100 templar and enough regrets to test both. By the way, now I've got 4800 life with no life on shield, belt, ring, amulet and helmet.

My tool tip of discharge when having 6/6 charges is 36k with elemental focus. I accidentally took the damage with frenzy charges aswell yesterday therefore the 50k. The initial damage with 6/6 charges with voidbringers is 30k. Here is the damage on 4/4 charges in both setups so you may compare it, ele focus/repentance: 25k discharge tooltip and voidbringer setup on 4/4 charges is 18.6k.
The damage difference at 6/6 charges is only 6 k (=36k vs 30k) more damage for me where I have to trade in form of 1 fire/light max resist and 10% crit chance. While i could run repentance/ele focus without a problem, given those results I still consider voidbringer to be superior for my intention of the build.

All in all i have to thank you for your input it improved my build quite a lot. If you have further questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Edit: I will have to update the item/screenshot section as soon as i get my other helm enchantment, i also changed the diamond ring basically almost same stats just more light resist.
Last edited by zzang on Apr 26, 2016, 12:55:08 PM
Just curious - and I've never fully understood how MoM works with Eldrich Battery - but how does taking damage essentially function in this build? Damage is taken out of mana, which is redirected to ES due to Eldrich, and having zero mana essentially means nothing?
Last edited by Yevgenii on May 7, 2016, 3:28:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info