[Poll] It's been a month now, how much do you like the labyrinth/acendancy class/enchantments?

Lab: It is okay, but as you get bigger it stops giving experience and then you're just shotgunning through spending 5-10 minutes to roll the dice on an enchant.

Enchants: Too much RNG, especially since lab doesn't really have any other reward. The loot/time is poor, the xp/time is nonexistent, so you're just rolling the dice on enchants, and usually getting junk. There's no feeling of making progress.

Ascendancy: Awesome, but not well balanced. Shadow, Scion, and Duelist were the big winners in ascendancy, with the other classes getting varying degrees of the shaft.

Shadow: in particular all three ascendancies are super powerful. If only every class had gotten this treatment.

Duelist: holy hell. Pretty much any character that can tolerate the bottom half of the tree is best rolled as a champion.

Scion: deadeye, raider, and berserker nodes are crazy strong. Most of the rest range from okay to niche useful to terrible.
Lab - Awful
Ascendancy Classes - AWESOME
Enchantments - Meh
"
Deliverme wrote:
Lab - Awful
Ascendancy Classes - AWESOME
Enchantments - Meh

^ this
ign: UpForJava
Last edited by Upforsale on May 11, 2016, 11:46:33 AM
Ascendancy classes are GREAT. Perhaps some balance is due, but it's a great addition to the game.

Enchantments are OK. But I don't like how they are acquired. Why do you have to lose your previous enchantment for a completely random new one? This is horrible, especially with helms. At the very least, the player should have a choice: accept this new enchantment or decline it and keep the old one.

Labyrinth is BAD and offers terrible risk vs reward. The xp and loot drops aren't worth the pain. The traps are too punishing for some builds and too easy for others.

Lab Ladders are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Giving the prize to just the top time promotes cheating. It's impossible to compete with the people who know exactly where to go and never take a wrong turn. Just look at the ladder records. Better yet, look at the layouts posted every day on reddit or poelab.com and divide the recorded top time by the number of areas in any day's layout. Did GGG create these jewels just for those 3 people who take them every single day? Zoom/fullbright/map hacks (google/youtube those things if you don't know what I'm talking about) may be not affecting the ordinary gameplay that much, but in these lab races they give insane advantage to their users. The rest of us can only wait until those people get bored (or banned).
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 11, 2016, 6:37:42 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Ascendancy classes are GREAT...

Labyrinth is BAD and offers terrible risk vs reward...

so amazing
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
I disagree about the lab.

I like it very much and think it's a nice addition to the game.

The lab can be profitable minus the experience. Yup:

I made tons of currency and chaos recipe from the caches; they drop tons of ring and amulet.

You need to do 4 keys run. If you don't know what it is and you gave your opinion about profitability: saying anything.

Carry someone it's 5 chaos.

I wish they would revisit the enchant to make them a little more build definable à la EQ RED which in effect replace a gem!

The lab opens the door to a new market, a new way to build your char around your helm: try to enchant a unique or buy a good base with the enchant.

I wish I could orb my lab like a map: sharper traps, more traps, izaro more damage, more hp, combination of 3 types of traps, +1 loot table for cache, 1 extra cache.

I like the lab very much.

Last edited by Vapala on May 12, 2016, 8:55:13 PM
"
Vapala wrote:

I made tons of currency and chaos recipe from the caches; they drop tons of ring and amulet.

That's quite a trick! I'd love to know how you got the chaos recipe with the sub-ilvl70 rings and amulets dropped by the lab caches.

Please share with us how you did it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Vapala wrote:

That's quite a trick! I'd love to know how you got the chaos recipe with the sub-ilvl70 rings and amulets dropped by the lab caches.

Merciless lab is level 68. Chaos recipe is ilvl 65 and above rather than ilvl 70 and above. Personally, I like the regal recipe better or just do dried lake if character is not yet high enough for the regal recipe. Of course, I hate the labyrinth and so don't care to farm for enchants.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Vapala wrote:

Merciless lab is level 68. Chaos recipe is ilvl 65 and above rather than ilvl 70 and above. Personally, I like the regal recipe better or just do dried lake if character is not yet high enough for the regal recipe. Of course, I hate the labyrinth and so don't care to farm for enchants.

Huh? It's always been 70 and 75. Was that changed in the last patch?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Chaos recipies ilvl 60-74:

1chaos : all rares identified
2chaos : all rares unidentified OR all rares 20% quality
3chaos : all rares unidentified AND 20% quality

Regal recipies ilvl 75+

1regal : all rares identified
2regal : all rares unidentified OR all rares 20% quality
3regal : all rares unidentified AND 20% quality

In other words you can reguralry do the chaos recipe as soon as you hit a2merciless

EDIT: its been like that since i can remember first doing the recipe
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on May 13, 2016, 2:33:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info