[Poll] It's been a month now, how much do you like the labyrinth/acendancy class/enchantments?

Ascendancy classes = 10/10
Labyrinth = 1/10

GGG should de-link the Ascendancy points from the Labyrinth.

lab : 0

ascendancy : 8

enchants :

My experience so far, i got 4 characters with 2 AC points and the classes are okayish, they dont provide te freedom of builds that the normal passive system offers but are okay.

Enchants, i dont play to get those so i dont know, the once i got are meh with them oke but without them is just as good they dont offer me the feeling i have to get them, no reward for me there.

Lab, hate it, just totaly hate it, it is not the traps, it is the overall gameplay of it.
I play softcore, i do that for a reason, i dont like to start over if i die, if u like HC good for u i dont.

So now they give me "the excitement of HC in SC" i dont like HC so whey on earth do i need that.
Besides i hate rushing content the lab took me on my first run 1 hour just to get to the first boss, yay defeated him i can ascend...no 2 more boses so with my playstyle at least another hour or 2.

I got 4 characters and even if i rushed the content it took me a hour just to get AC points per character so i can do it, its just not for me i dont like the playstyle that they force upon me with this lab.

I wonder what would be next by the way... will they bring the thrill of PVP to SC and HC next expansion, ACT 5 every area is a PVP area u fight with 5 or 10 other players for the exit and only one can win, SC start at the begining and HC die start a new character..... maybe than some people start complaining.
Last edited by wyll on May 3, 2016, 4:07:09 AM
I actually like all of it, but think traps and enhancements need some tuning.

Traps: It would appear they are supposed to affect everyone equally. They don't. Armour and pots help a great deal. If you go hybrid w/o much armour they become quite unforgiving. It's been a breeze to go through the lab on my life/armour build but I've quite an anxiety to do the same on my hybrid with little armour. (Only playing HC) I know I'll get a beating for this, but I propose a damage nerf to traps in exchange for life recovery effect from pots being disabled for a few seconds.

Enhancements: Too much RNG.

5/9/5
Last edited by dyneol on May 3, 2016, 11:45:14 AM
@GGG,

I truly like the idea of the labyrinth, but I don't fully agree with the requirements set for it in order to Ascend. Wouldn't it truly make more sense, to ascend after beating Malachai at the end of each difficulty? Why would a player need to run through a labyrinth in order to ascend? Players tend to stop now after getting Deshi's spirit in Act 4 (inside Mines level 2) and go straight from Dried Lake in Merciless to end-game mapping. What's the point of even playing through Act 4 now, aside from an achievement or two and a rare jewel?

I think if some of the mechanics were altered for the labyrinth as a whole, people would really enjoy it more. I feel like the Labyrinth should be an option for end-game content, not a requirement. If done right, it could be similar to the Greater Rift end-game mechanic in Diablo 3. You could even put a timer on it since it seems like the objective is to get through it as quickly as possible, while still making it out alive.

I like the Enchantment system that was implemented, but the RNG just does not match well with it. What if instead of a randomized enchantment system, there was an actual legitimate system in place, where players could farm the labyrinth for some type of enchanting crystal or shard and then be able to spend them at the end of the run for a guaranteed enchantment from a list. The crystals could drop from Izaro and his little bosses, and also from the chests at the end.

The system could be something like this:

10 x Crystal Shards = T5 (lowest tier) enchant (then there could be a list of offensive/defensive/utility enchantments to choose from, which would also scale with each difficulty)

25 x Crystal Shards = T4 enchant " "

75 x Crystal Shards = T3 enchant " "

200 x Crystal Shards = T2 enchantment

1000 x Crystal Shards = Top Tier Enchantment

There is a lot of potential for the labyrinth, and though its still in its early stages, I have faith you guys will continue to improve and make it better and better. Thanks again for all your hard work!!

Cheers

I like. Ascendancy very powerful, lab is ok I do not share the hate. End game lab runs are much more interesting than maps but I don't like either.
Lab: 0/10 only because you have to do it for your points. otherwise (6/10) nice add to farm enchantments + items

AP: 10/10 - provides class specific feeling + awesome specialization

Enchants: 8/10 - i like the rng part - long way for a very good enchant = perfection
I love path of exile so much that I have died three times today in the labyrinth just to try out some ideas on a standard character before the two week.

I do this only because I love everything except the labyrinth.

Here is my rant about how much I hate labyrinth:

I hate it so so much, I can't understand how it is still in the game. People call it a chore. Mowing the grass is a chore. Doing the dishes is a chore. Declaring taxes is a chore.

Labyrinth would be like chores if IRS agents were poking me with a stick while I was filing my taxes. If I made a mistake at any point they would tear up all my paperwork and force me to start over.

Labyrinth would be like chores if the grass was filled with nasty snakes that I jump over, sidestep, wait for or run away from until I accidentally step on one too many of them and I am teleported back to my front porch and the grass magically grows back to the length it was before I started cutting it.

Labyrinth would be like chores if every other plate or cup was slipping out of my hands and if I fail to hold on to it, it falls onto the rest of the dishes, magically exploding them. An event wich would unexplicably be followed by underpant gnomes rushing my kitchen, pouring baked beens on all my plates and cutlery and burning the the tomato sauce and beens into the plates leaving me the choice to forever eat on dirty plates or start over.

Now I am going to strip my ES/Life hybrid of all his gear so he is not punished for trying to play safe, equip my leap slam and try again.
Last edited by saffranffs on May 6, 2016, 4:48:05 AM
Polls have some interesting results!

Personally, I rated the overall Lab low. Not just due to the lab's contents, but the forced gating of the ascendancy classes, plus the forced "trials" for every character you level. I have more then my share of alts that I lost desire to level mostly because I didn't want to have to go back and do the trials again...for the 20th time...

Ascendancy class right moderately high. I enjoy the opportunities it offered some classes, but at the same time, I did not like how it pigeonholed other classes. A game that sold itself on flexibility and exploration now punishes you for trying to be "too different". a shadow playing a specific melee build would suffer more then a dualist, even if both picked the exact same trees. And there is no way the shadow can cover those advantages. Likewise with the duelist and a poison build. so it lost points for that, but made points for opening doors in other areas.

Enchantments: overall they are fun, and a nice/interesting reward for the Lab. they're biggest downfall is the complete randomness of the reward. Especially for your headpiece. that in itself knocked it down from a high vote to right in the middle for me. running Lab time after time just searching for that specific enchant is not fun. part of the issue is that they are very specific. so any enchant other then the exact one you get is completely worthless.
I'd like them a lot more if the goddamn game didn't hard-crash every other time I enter a lab boss room

Edit to add: and party play in the lab didn't turn the goddamn game into a power point presentation.

Edit to add again: Why am I complaining? Because the goddamn game worked FINE before the cancer lab was implemented!!!
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 8, 2016, 8:04:17 PM
Chests/Treasure behind Silver doors seem very weak. I dont see the point in spending time to farm 4/6 rooms in the lab for poor rewards. Id rather use that time to rush another Lab for the rewards at the end instead.

It's a shame that mobs become obsolete, its like youre just running through the zones to get objectives done. Can see it getting boring.

I dont really have a problem with traps anymore, it just took some training, confidance, and good pots. However last stage Izaro boss room is a bit too crazy, considering you need space to dodge his crazy attacks... Theres just too much going on.

Also, can you disable traps when Izaro is dead please? Id like to be able to loot him in peace.
Last edited by RootCookie on May 9, 2016, 11:25:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info