[Poll] It's been a month now, how much do you like the labyrinth/acendancy class/enchantments?

Absolutely on point
I mainly run lab for profit early in league and when i got high lvl enough and offering price rise and q gem/enchant prices lower i just go mapping.

Lab: I gave 8, hated it before i run it and found out its not that bad and i kinda like it early because rewards are so good. If the rewards would be worse i think i would rate it for 7. Speaking of uber ofc.

Ascendancies: I mean there is many special snowflake options which is cool and they're pretty balanced overall. My main issue is that some of the nodes are so stupidly strong and some are utter shit. I gave 8 again.

Enchants: I gave 5. Gloves and boots enchants are great and really like extra skill from gloves especially. Boots aren't usually so big deal, but i guess its good extra still. My main gripe is helm enchants. Those bastardly things are so build defining that its stupid to gate so big boost behind total rng. And this is coming from lab runner. I ran atleast 500 times uber lab this league and like 300 times last league and still never seen any earthquake enchant. Sure i gotten a lot of currency from 84 godly hubris circlets, but the bigger problem is that more niche enchants are like 1c and meta ones are 10ex. So everyone just overrides niches and niche builds won't even find them so easily as you would expect. Even bigger problem is the bases. 99% of white bases are hubris circlets and trying to find stupid earthquake enchant 84 armor base is so hard even when you got currency for it. Last league i saw 1 and it sold even before i got to whisper and this league i got lucky and found 1 after month. Also enchant balance is shit because 40% dmg usually is very little boost but something like barrage enchant is multiplier to your damage. So much frustration and i hope that there would be point to enchant other than unique/hubris because that makes meta even more prevalent when you cant even buy niche ones reliably. /end of rant
That's a pretty large (32%) 'vocal minority' who think the lab is crap.

GGG might do well to move the ascendancy points to a better location.
"

The people who have even bothered to click on this thread are a minority of the player base. The people that vote in the pool are likely a minority even among those who visit the thread(the lab poll has <1800 votes out of a million active players i believe chris said recently). 32% of a minority of a minority is a pretty small portion...in addition, people most likely to click and also most likely to vote are those that disapprove of how things are(any acceptable statistical experiment needs to account for bias, i believe this one is called response bias but i could be wrong. been a few years since i took a stats course. the idea anyway is that people are far less likely to voice an opinion if their opinion is not very strong, and even less so if they have to seek out a place to voice it in the first place). I would have expected 60-70% of those who voted in a poll in the forums to be part of the vocal minority.
It's a poll sample.

These is all that's needed to get a fairly accurate representation of what a larger sample would say.

Nearly a full third of all players think the labyrinth is crapola.
"
It's a poll sample.

These is all that's needed to get a fairly accurate representation of what a larger sample would say.

So when you don't like something ( because you don't want to admit anything, full tunnel vision style ), even things that people have been studying, you just ignore it and throw another baseless assessment.
Or you failed to read the previous message maybe ?

Granted, Response bias might be something difficult to grasp, but you would not even try, would you ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 18, 2017, 11:28:37 AM
"
It's a poll sample.

Nearly a full third of all players think the labyrinth is crapola.

If you don't have high school or maybe a single college class level of knowledge about statistics you don't really have any place talking about sampling or significance of polls. Are you saying that you these polls are conducted with random sampling or that self selected data points like these are generalizable? Either way that's incorrect. We don't even have to get into the methodology of the questions themselves.
"
Dawnmayr wrote:
"

The people who have even bothered to click on this thread are a minority of the player base. The people that vote in the pool are likely a minority even among those who visit the thread(the lab poll has <1800 votes out of a million active players i believe chris said recently). 32% of a minority of a minority is a pretty small portion...in addition, people most likely to click and also most likely to vote are those that disapprove of how things are(any acceptable statistical experiment needs to account for bias, i believe this one is called response bias but i could be wrong. been a few years since i took a stats course. the idea anyway is that people are far less likely to voice an opinion if their opinion is not very strong, and even less so if they have to seek out a place to voice it in the first place). I would have expected 60-70% of those who voted in a poll in the forums to be part of the vocal minority.

Your million active player base figure is irrelevant. What would be more interesting is to know the number of different accounts that have posted in the forum. the vast majority of players never log into the forums.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Lab is the worst thing ive ever experienced in a ARPG
"
MeechKahn wrote:
Lab is the worst thing ive ever experienced in a ARPG

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info