[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
KickAcid wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
opendreamt9 wrote:
hi, i got add cold damage to attack from the Ring, so add element damage to spell from dagger is good?

no

Wouldn't cold damage to spells be good for discharge since blade vortex hits faster than cyclone and has a wider radius?

I always thought cold damage to attacks was the most desired, but I've been thinking about cold damage to spells for this very reason...

Because BV should theoretically always spin around you while you discharge, it would always be proccing EE to lessen the fire/lightning res to enemies.

Blade Vortex is not up that much because we have it on CWDT and use Inc Aoe on our 6L.

My Cyclone is at 5.05 APS on character sheet and it hits twice so it is 10+. I prefer attacks but you can get it to spells if you want.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Oh didn't know that! Makes sense though; I guess there's no real reason to have it in your chest because you one shot most things anyway, and most things that don't, will hit you at least once before you kill them.

I have friends that are playing discharge this league, and I swearing up and down that cold damage to spells is superior than to attacks because of BV as your 6th link (plus it's cheaper to buy a vagan dagger w/cold to spells). But I see the light now. BV on CWDT. :D

Timezone: PST (California)
"
KickAcid wrote:
Oh didn't know that! Makes sense though; I guess there's no real reason to have it in your chest because you one shot most things anyway, and most things that don't, will hit you at least once before you kill them.

I have friends that are playing discharge this league, and I swearing up and down that cold damage to spells is superior than to attacks because of BV as your 6th link (plus it's cheaper to buy a vagan dagger w/cold to spells). But I see the light now. BV on CWDT. :D

It is cheaper to have spells, but Inc AoE is so nice man!
Both are viable!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
May I know which base dagger type is preferred for this build? Following your thread I'm getting the impression that crit chance is not that much of a problem with diamond flask and generally when power charges are up crit chance is enough. Therefore would a 1.5 aps base poignard be an excellent option? (your gear on OP is slaughter knife)

with the recommended mastercraft attack speed, crit chance and spell damage,
poignard: aps ~1.71, crit ~7.81
slaughter knife: aps ~1.6, crit ~8.31
Is Voll's devotion really that much more important than a 6-link chest? Sure, the amulet pretty much doubles your dps but increased AoE (lvl 20) effectively doubles your AoE (*1.39^2) which should be way better for clear speed given you already pretty much oneshot every non-boss monster even without the amulet. I'm well aware that Inc AoE doesn't help with boss fights and that's kinda what defines the strength of a build but is it really worth forgoing the 6-link just to get Voll's Devotion a little bit earlier which might not even be the case?
I'm mainly asking because the prices for the amulet are just ridiculous. They went from 15ex to 20ex+ in just two or three days while the 6-link is around 6ex.
"
baroqen_play wrote:
May I know which base dagger type is preferred for this build? Following your thread I'm getting the impression that crit chance is not that much of a problem with diamond flask and generally when power charges are up crit chance is enough. Therefore would a 1.5 aps base poignard be an excellent option? (your gear on OP is slaughter knife)

with the recommended mastercraft attack speed, crit chance and spell damage,
poignard: aps ~1.71, crit ~7.81
slaughter knife: aps ~1.6, crit ~8.31

Crit chance is very important and you want it crafted onto your weapon at the minimum. Poignard is great, probably BIS. slaughter allows you to gear/spec a bit easier though. You can spec out of more crit and into more IAS, so it is a trade off.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Shamp0o wrote:
Is Voll's devotion really that much more important than a 6-link chest? Sure, the amulet pretty much doubles your dps but increased AoE (lvl 20) effectively doubles your AoE (*1.39^2) which should be way better for clear speed given you already pretty much oneshot every non-boss monster even without the amulet. I'm well aware that Inc AoE doesn't help with boss fights and that's kinda what defines the strength of a build but is it really worth forgoing the 6-link just to get Voll's Devotion a little bit earlier which might not even be the case?
I'm mainly asking because the prices for the amulet are just ridiculous. They went from 15ex to 20ex+ in just two or three days while the 6-link is around 6ex.

Voll's Devotion is much better imo. If you think you wont get a devotion though, then go for a 6l!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:

Voll's Devotion is much better imo. If you think you wont get a devotion though, then go for a 6l!

My point is it might be quicker to get Devotion by getting the 6-link first due to increased clear speed. Besides that I'm not sure if I can keep up with the inflation the amulet is facing at the moment given I only have the time to play an average of 2 hours a day.
For map clear you can use shield charge instead of cyclone, pretty much the same dps plus you move in fast dashes instead of cycloning around slowly. It sucks in terms of single target dps though, so at T13+ maps you'll have to switch back to cyclone on bosses.
"
Shamp0o wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

My point is it might be quicker to get Devotion by getting the 6-link first due to increased clear speed. Besides that I'm not sure if I can keep up with the inflation the amulet is facing at the moment given I only have the time to play an average of 2 hours a day.

Clear speed will be a tad better. you will do more damage with Devotion but with less aoe, so its not going to be night and day and increase clear speed 6ex.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info