[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
elbramso wrote:
How would a lvl 85 version of this build look like? is this even possbile to play before lvl 100?

Look at my character profile, GroceryHHDischarge. I switched to this build in the 60s.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Barn3y_Gumble wrote:
"
elbramso wrote:
How would a lvl 85 version of this build look like? is this even possbile to play before lvl 100?

It works from Lvl 70 on, you should reach around 7K ES than with the gear above, prolly abit more.

> Skip jewelnodes below "Infused" in shadow area
> Skip jewelslot in Scion area near "True Strike"
> Skip the 3 ES nodes in Scion start
> Skip flasknodes in witch area

If I may say something, as I play this build too:

Voidbringers are a bad choice. The ES is nice, but the rest is crap. My critchance is at like 93% for discharge without them.
I highly prefer either rare gloves with Attackspeed or Facebreaker - 90% critmulti is just insane!!
Moreover: I would never skip "Annihilation" in witch area. Insane critmulti for discharge, and it further more enable you to skip the bad choise voidbringer. Unskill those 3 6% ES nodes in Scionarea for it imo.

Also: I would NEVER skip crit strikes for a 5l. I would definetly skip Bladevortex. Crit strikes is the only support for your discharge and makes it huge. I tried both, and know what I am talking about

This should be an input, not a blame. I am not a skilled hardcore player so our opinions might differ

Good answer on the leveling stuff!

With regards to annihilation, I think it really depends on preference. For instance, many of the top players are split on annhilation. Some take and some don't. I think that is a nice thing about this build, you can decide what you want and make your own little variations.

With regards to voidbringers, almost everyone is using them. They are not mandatory, but it helps get your crit very high, very easily. I don't doubt that facebreakers is more damage, but Voids help you consistently crit. I think you are overstating their badness. They are actually quite good. Quite a bit of ES, lots of ES on kill, increased level of our purity gems, and tons of crit too boot. Really only missing either multi from facebreakers (which lacks ES) or IAS from Rare gloves, which will lack the crit/gems. Builds on HC should use Voidbringers or rare gloves imo. Damage will not be lacking so facebreakers seem unneccessary to give up all that defense.

With regards to removing Blade Vortex. I think you are right there. Thanks!

I would ask that most people test some stuff out for themselves as they may have their own preferences for this build like you do. All 3 of the character profiles I linked have a little variation.

I hope this did not come off as defensive as I really don't think this is "my" build. Just trying to be constructive. Thanks for the tips as well!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 31, 2016, 9:35:59 AM
"
Kuruptt wrote:
What's the best way to level before starting this build? What level should i transition? New player so won't have that much currency either.

You could do firestorm, flame totem, arc, etc. Any strong elemental spell will level fine.

You transition to CI once you have the gear for it. There is no real good answer for that. 7k ES with CI and the nodes behind it is a good target.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Grocery essentially what's the difference betwee your build and this beyond a few changes in the tree and a gear more expensive?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1630418
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Mar 31, 2016, 10:25:41 AM
"
Grocery essentially what's the difference betwee your build and this beyond a few changes in the tree and a gear more expensive?

The gear is not more expensive, I just have more expensive gear :)

The builds are somewhat similar but also very different.

Right now he is using Purity of Lightning, Discipline and Blasphemied curses. He uses a vertex/rathpith. He picks up way more aura nodes as he runs dual curse. The trees are pretty different. He has spell block.

This uses Discipline and Purity of Fire and Lightning to hit 80-81% Fire Res/Lightning Res baseline to deal with reflect. We use enfeeble in a CWDT setup instead of a blasphemied Enfeeble. He will have more spell block, but we will have a higher ES pool. We get 2 more jewel nodes. We get extra flask nodes which again help with reflect even more.

Just different approaches altogether with the same skill. The trees are vastly different.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 31, 2016, 10:45:21 AM
Ook so this is a link to my Profile so you can see my gear. I am level 68 and the guy i am useing is deadlybowerr to try this build . please tell me why i cant kill anything on merc

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAceDXwOSBEvEZYV1xzcKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SL28y0TQKN4M8BUVHRXxGcUcGSVFJsVZjV8ld8l9qX7BjQ2ZUbAtvnnBScFZwu3cHf8aCm4MJhXuFfYauhxOJ04w2jHaP-pAbkyeVLpeXmK2aE5o7m7WcpJ_foS-0DLQ4uJO5k76KwGbDCcM6ykrK09DQ18_ZE9vU5Rnquuvu6_XsGOw473zviPDV8h3y4fk3-_U=?accountName=ALonardo&characterName=DeadlyBower
"
ALonardo wrote:
Ook so this is a link to my Profile so you can see my gear. I am level 68 and the guy i am useing is deadlybowerr to try this build . please tell me why i cant kill anything on merc

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAceDXwOSBEvEZYV1xzcKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SL28y0TQKN4M8BUVHRXxGcUcGSVFJsVZjV8ld8l9qX7BjQ2ZUbAtvnnBScFZwu3cHf8aCm4MJhXuFfYauhxOJ04w2jHaP-pAbkyeVLpeXmK2aE5o7m7WcpJ_foS-0DLQ4uJO5k76KwGbDCcM6ykrK09DQ18_ZE9vU5Rnquuvu6_XsGOw473zviPDV8h3y4fk3-_U=?accountName=ALonardo&characterName=DeadlyBower

Your characters are hidden.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"

Right now he is using Purity of Lightning, Discipline and Blasphemied curses. He uses a vertex/rathpith. He picks up way more aura nodes as he runs dual curse. The trees are pretty different. He has spell block.

This uses Discipline and Purity of Fire and Lightning to hit 80-81% Fire Res/Lightning Res baseline to deal with reflect. We use enfeeble in a CWDT setup instead of a blasphemied Enfeeble. He will have more spell block, but we will have a higher ES pool. We get 2 more jewel nodes. We get extra flask nodes which again help with reflect even more.

Just different approaches altogether with the same skill. The trees are vastly different.

Sory to shitpost here. Was looking for my thread and its hard to find. Not sure why you advice to run no defence builds. Just look at your abyss kilss and how lond it taks and how much damage you take. Prettu sure i killed curse immune abyss boss without anu swaps for less time..
About purity - it was just a test.Im using purity of elements for ele weakness maps/herald of ice or aa for rest. Purity of lightning doesnt do anything unless you run 150ex build which people keep linking. And we all know why they need that 100% resists and no defences(lake...khm..farm..khm)

I have 9.5kes with rathpith (defences, some dmg) able to solo all content whatsoever.

Can you explain reason behind not running cold dmg to spells on your dagger? his is just insane while using bv and not using added cold to spells. Also was able to hit 100% crit on even cyclone without using any dagger nodes. Which is huge. I can cast 3o4 spell per 1 spinn on single mob. Thats why im hitting 22bv stacks on king in 1+ second and you kill himforever.
Also im still running 1c gear cause i can and this is not required.
You telling yoursel life this is different build block auras curses bla bla. May be this is because we play hardcore and build is paper and you want to have defences?
Let me show you why im running enfeeble:
https://www.twitch.tv/tsrgg/v/57622301?t=01h50m13s - enfeeble demo
Also it may be interesting for you to take a look here:
Spoiler
So i geared char from 0. I was able to get 95% tooltip crit on discharge and 93% tooltip crit on cyclone with 7k es and very bad gear.
You can check what we ended up with in my char list. Witch lvl 83 Allweneediscrit
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tsar/characters

Sorry again but i really feel that you giving bad advices to people. Ive seen so many guys just dying within 1day after leaving lake just due to not running enfeeble. I honestly think you cant survive without enfeeble as melee and for paper ci its first curse. Ive seen people mentioning this is sc guides (not for coc even...) Jusat wtf is this honestly
"
Tsar wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"

Sory to shitpost here. Was looking for my thread and its hard to find. Not sure why you advice to run no defence builds. Just look at your abyss kilss and how lond it taks and how much damage you take. Prettu sure i killed curse immune abyss boss without anu swaps for less time..
About purity - it was just a test.Im using purity of elements for ele weakness maps/herald of ice or aa for rest. Purity of lightning doesnt do anything unless you run 150ex build which people keep linking. And we all know why they need that 100% resists and no defences(lake...khm..farm..khm)

I have 9.5kes with rathpith (defences, some dmg) able to solo all content whatsoever.

Can you explain reason behind not running cold dmg to spells on your dagger? his is just insane while using bv and not using added cold to spells. Also was able to hit 100% crit on even cyclone without using any dagger nodes. Which is huge. I can cast 3o4 spell per 1 spinn on single mob. Thats why im hitting 22bv stacks on king in 1+ second and you kill himforever.
You telling yoursel life this is different build block auras curses bla bla. May be this is because we play hardcore and build is paper and you want to have defences?
Spoiler
So i geared char from 0. I was able to get 95% tooltip crit on discharge and 93% tooltip crit on cyclone with 7k es and very bad gear.
You can check what we ended up with in my char list. Witch lvl 83 Allweneediscrit

Sorry again but i really feel that you giving bad advices to people. Ive seen so many guys just dying within 1day after leaving lake just due to not running enfeeble. I honestly think you cant survive without enfeeble as melee and for paper ci its first curse. Ive seen people mentioning this is sc guides (not for coc even...) Jusat wtf is this honestly

When I asked you in game about PressStartToPaws build you said her build was trash and that she was trash. Aside from the fact that you are outright wrong about this not being a SC only build there are multiple level 100s doing this build on PHC.

You take things far too personally, cannot take constructive criticism at all and simply insult people. Look at all my threads here. I take tips/criticism and add it to the build.

There are multiple characters at level 100 on PHC running this EXACT build. This is NOT MY build and I do not claim it as my own. So take it up with them about how everyone dies after leaving lake. I know I haven't and many others haven't so not sure where all these dead players from lake are coming from.

The SS below is from a conversation I had with you a few days ago before I posted this build. I simply wanted to know what you were doing differently than her and why and you over-reacted. You reacted in the same way you are doing so here.

Some people can do your build and some can do this one. I think we both have better things to do.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Apr 1, 2016, 3:15:29 AM
"
Tsar wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"

Spoiler

the OPs build is one of the more popular builds on HC, maybe you're just awful and should focus on easier builds and watch some beginner guide videos on how not to die and them come back and try this build again
IGN: Leupacob, Cobberts
check out my shop--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162312/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info