[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

A tip for the Guide:

As soon as you hit level 70, buy a 20/20 Spark gem (corrupted if you need to save money). It adds a massive 50% to your dps over the level 17 that you will have leveled yourself by then.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
A tip for the Guide:

As soon as you hit level 70, buy a 20/20 Spark gem (corrupted if you need to save money). It adds a massive 50% to your dps over the level 17 that you will have leveled yourself by then.

Yep! I leveled mine to 20, recipe'd it to 20Q then leveled it to 20 again and then Vaal'd it... got Vaal Spark.

Had to buy a corrupted 20/20 if I even wanted to keep playing the build. feltbadman
So is there an consensus to whats better, blood magic or mana?

Just find it wierd that none of the "good streamers", ziggyd, zizaran or others use blood magic and use mana builds.
Last edited by snakzz on Apr 8, 2016, 4:15:01 AM
In the guide it talks about "Kaom's Heart versus Lightning Coil"

"I use 7.1k life for Player A because Kaom's Heart gives +500 maximum life, which becomes ~1.1k more actual life than Lightning Coil with 227% life from tree. I used 6k life because it's easily achievable with my 227% life tree while wearing Lightning Coil. "

If you have 227% increased life, and you get +500 life from the Heart, don't you get 1.6K actual life?

That is:
- no life from tree = 500 life added
- 100% life from tree = 1000 life added
- 200% life from tree = 1500 life added
- 227% life from tree = 1600 life added (rounded)

Applying this to the formulas for the 7000 damage physical hit with no charges:
- Player Kaom has 600 life remaining
- Player Coil has 575 life remaining

What is also missing in these formulas is:
- what happens when both players take a giant hit of elemental damage (hint: Kaom leaves you with 1600 more life)
- Kaom does not require 60% more lightning resistance (which means less expensive gear)

So isn't Kaom's Heart just plain better than Lightning Coil?

In Coil's defense, Kaom has no sockets, but given the massive dps output from regular 5L Spark, I find I don't need Vaal Spark at all. If I want to use a 2nd Vaal gem, Vaal Skeletons is better in providing me with a few seconds of safety in which my regular sparks kill everything.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 8, 2016, 7:29:36 AM
Hi
Did u try grabbing the pierces nodes from the passive tree and not using a pierce gem?
"
Hi
Did u try grabbing the pierces nodes from the passive tree and not using a pierce gem?

It would cost 5 nodes to get 50% Pierce, but......

Pierce L20 also gives you 29% more Projectile Damage, which is a lot. Being Projectile Damage it double dips on your Poison as well.

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 8, 2016, 7:54:31 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQHRBLMFtQ-rFr8Ziho4Go0c3CSLJNgmlScvKPoqOCpbLagy0TWSNj062DrhPydBh0M2RUdJE0rIS1dN41LsVUtVhVltWlJbJl-YX7Bh4mKsZlRsjG1sbqpvnnn2fLt_-4KbgseDCYTFhW2Fe4ngkFWTH5cGmjubXZu1naqhIqIAokCly6ZXpwiomq_rsZC0xbVItfK3PrfWuJPAZsDjwuzDOsSiykrPMtWB1abYJNhN2L3bWeFz5ljr7uw47TzwH_Gz8kXyl_T4-ej-Cv6P

my current tree replaced piece gem with void manipulation increased my normal tooltip by 5k and i still got 100% pierce damage
"
Flapdrol wrote:
In the guide it talks about "Kaom's Heart versus Lightning Coil"

"I use 7.1k life for Player A because Kaom's Heart gives +500 maximum life, which becomes ~1.1k more actual life than Lightning Coil with 227% life from tree. I used 6k life because it's easily achievable with my 227% life tree while wearing Lightning Coil. "

If you have 227% increased life, and you get +500 life from the Heart, don't you get 1.6K actual life?

That is:
- no life from tree = 500 life added
- 100% life from tree = 1000 life added
- 200% life from tree = 1500 life added
- 227% life from tree = 1600 life added (rounded)

Applying this to the formulas for the 7000 damage physical hit with no charges:
- Player Kaom has 600 life remaining
- Player Coil has 575 life remaining

What is also missing in these formulas is:
- what happens when both players take a giant hit of elemental damage (hint: Kaom leaves you with 1600 more life)
- Kaom does not require 60% more lightning resistance (which means less expensive gear)

So isn't Kaom's Heart just plain better than Lightning Coil?

In Coil's defense, Kaom has no sockets, but given the massive dps output from regular 5L Spark, I find I don't need Vaal Spark at all. If I want to use a 2nd Vaal gem, Vaal Skeletons is better in providing me with a few seconds of safety in which my regular sparks kill everything.

Oh shit you're right. I just did 500 * 2.27 which gave ~1.1k life but you're right, it should actually be 500 * (100% + 227%) which does give 1.6k life.

However, keep in mind that Lightning Coil also provides 60-80 flat life which translates to ~200-260 life with 227% life on the tree. So on average Kaom's Heart is giving a net ~1.4k more life than Coil. With the new and correct numbers we'd survive the 7k physical hit with:

400 life while wearing Kaom's Heart and still 575 life while wearing Coil.

Thanks for the correction; Coil still wins against a 7k physical hit although not by as much as I mentioned in the original post.

Using this tool https://jsfiddle.net/1qpx41wm/4/embedded/result/ it also shows Lightning Coil provides more effective HP. I used 6k life, 509 Armor, and 509 Evasion for 30% Coil in that tool. For Kaom's Heart I used 7.4k life and 553 Armor. Both had 75 all res and 0 for everything else.

I'll fix the original post and add a link to that tool.

Also I'd worry more about Physical and Chaos damage than elemental damage. With how much you kill offscreen the real scary monsters, in my opinion, are Devourers and the spike boomboom monsters and as far as I know they deal physical damage.

Vaal Spark is a great dps boost when fighting bosses. Sometimes you're in a rough map and don't want to risk dying so you just Vaal Spark and stay mobile. My Vaal Spark took out both Village Ruin bosses in ~6 seconds without being linked to Void Manipulation and with a single cast. You can also cast Vaal Spark and then proceed to cast Spark greatly increasing the poison stacks you're placing on the boss; Skeletons don't stack poison on bosses. So I value the sockets in Coil enough to choose it over Kaom's Heart.

With 22% all resists from the tree and 30%-40% lightning resistance from Victario's Acuity you only need to make up 8% lightning resist from Coil's penalty in the worst case scenario. We also have 5 free jewel nodes where you can make up resists. Not really a big deal especially when there are players with capped resists running Essence Worm, Drillneck, Winds of Change, Voltaxic, Coil, AND Victario's Acuity.

"
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQHRBLMFtQ-rFr8Ziho4Go0c3CSLJNgmlScvKPoqOCpbLagy0TWSNj062DrhPydBh0M2RUdJE0rIS1dN41LsVUtVhVltWlJbJl-YX7Bh4mKsZlRsjG1sbqpvnnn2fLt_-4KbgseDCYTFhW2Fe4ngkFWTH5cGmjubXZu1naqhIqIAokCly6ZXpwiomq_rsZC0xbVItfK3PrfWuJPAZsDjwuzDOsSiykrPMtWB1abYJNhN2L3bWeFz5ljr7uw47TzwH_Gz8kXyl_T4-ej-Cv6P

my current tree replaced piece gem with void manipulation increased my normal tooltip by 5k and i still got 100% pierce damage

Do you not have a 5 link? If not then sure use the Pierce cluster for now since you already took it. Your priority should be saving up towards a 5L cause the pierce gem AND void manipulation together are huge damage boosts. Once you have a 5L I don't see why you'd drop the pierce gem, which has a MORE multiplier like void manipulation, for 5 points on the tree that just give 50% pierce chance and 16% increased projectile damage.

The 4 points it took you to take the jewel socket and the 4% projectile damage nodes below the Pierce cluster could instead be used on the 3 empty jewel nodes you have near Harrier, Sentinel, and on the path to Elemental Overload. In those jewels you can stick in far more than 4% projectile damage. Or even the chaos damage nodes next to Coordination.

acctually i am running a 6L spark / spell echo/ void manipulation / added chaos damage / poison / controlled destruction
the normal tool tip around 29k
with 5 frenzy charges 2 power charges and Vaal haste and hearld of thunder running and Atziri promize flask it reaches 70k
my hp is around 5k and i got 300 shield

going take ur advice on the tree remarks and going to test it now :D
"
acctually i am running a 6L spark / spell echo/ void manipulation / added chaos damage / poison / controlled destruction
the normal tool tip around 29k
with 5 frenzy charges 2 power charges and Vaal haste and hearld of thunder running and Atziri promize flask it reaches 70k
my hp is around 5k and i got 300 shield

going take ur advice on the tree remarks and going to test it now :D

Oh in that case Pierce is definitely worth more than those nodes.

I'd replace either Added Chaos Damage or Controlled Destruction with Pierce. I'm not sure which one would be best to replace but it's not worth skipping out on the Pierce gem.

I'll do some math later/tomorrow to see which is the better 6th link in different scenarios if you haven't tested it yourself yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info