[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

"
Uberness wrote:
I'm 99% sure Art of the gladiator just removes the 4% movement penalty from bodyarmor and does not remove the 10% reduced movement affix from the unique.

Oh, bummer.......

Well atleast there are very many other good nodes down there.
Last edited by snakzz on Apr 7, 2016, 4:29:53 AM
"
snakzz wrote:
"
Uberness wrote:
I'm 99% sure Art of the gladiator just removes the 4% movement penalty from bodyarmor and does not remove the 10% reduced movement affix from the unique.

Oh, bummer.......

Well atleast there are very many other good nodes down there.

Yeah, it'd be cool if it removed Winds of Change's movement speed penalty but unfortunately I don't believe it does that. You are right that those projectile nodes and life nodes next to Art of the Gladiator are nice though.

"
Uberness wrote:
How is your survival with the build? does it get hairy if anything reaches you or can you take a punch?

Also, what is your damage with and without the essence worm?

It rarely gets hairy and to be honest I rarely find myself having to even cast Enduring Cry. The most I've had to do was use my Granite flask, pop Vaal Grace and spam Spark for the leech. I wish I could record a video just to show how fast bosses melt. This build's damage really is one of it's best defenses.

IIRC with 3 power charges, 3 frenzy charges, elemental overload, vaal haste, and wrath my tooltip dps was 43k. So a 3k damage increase.

I'll have to double check later but it's at least 43k when I last checked yesterday. I had to make sure it was an actual increase after replacing some jewels.

Update:

Made the final changes to the tree. Didn't like having to take 3 INT nodes to get to Corruption and the fact that Storm Weaver doesn't double dip. It was more efficient and more damage to take the chaos damage nodes next to Coordination and to make my way to Ballistic Mastery and take 2 projectile damage nodes next to it. Also the +10 DEX node before Ballistic Mastery replaces the Dexterity lost from removing Trickery meaning you won't need extra Dexterity on gear besides 17 Dexterity from Victario's Acuity.
Last edited by deadlul on Apr 7, 2016, 10:57:21 AM
If your going to invest the points to reach extra frenzy charges, wouldn't it be a good idea to get +1 frnezy charge from the bandits instead of 1 skill point?

Looking at Essence worm, I think a rank 22 haste might be the best aura, 17% attack/cast speed, 9% movement and you always want more movement speed on a fast clear build.

Although 22% MORE damage is a pretty decent boon on second look.
Last edited by Uberness on Apr 7, 2016, 10:34:13 AM
"
Uberness wrote:
If your going to invest the points to reach extra frenzy charges, wouldn't it be a good idea to get +1 frnezy charge from the bandits instead of 1 skill point?

Looking at Essence worm, I think a rank 22 haste might be the best aura, 17% attack/cast speed, 9% movement and you always want more movement speed on a fast clear build.

Although 22% MORE damage is a pretty decent boon on second look.

You're absolutely right about the frenzy charge. I feel silly for forgetting about that.

I'll update the main post. Thanks.

I'll be trying Haste once it reaches level 20 and compare it to level 20 Wrath. It might come down to personal preference who knows.
Hello and thank you for this awesome guide! I was following ZiggyD's guide, but came across yours and I like how you incorporated the Chaos damage/resistance nodes, as opposed to the nodes around Bravery and Art of the Gladiator.

Could you please explain to me the advantage of Void Manipulation over Added Chaos?

I'm going to be purchasing a 6L armor and want to make sure the colors are right...
B-B-B-G-G-G Vs. B-B-B-B-G-G

I'll need save up some more currency before I can afford a 5/6L Lightning Coil, so I'll be using a rare to start.

I just purchased this Voltaxic for 1.5 ex, as it was the cheapest by far for the damage, so I'll need to use armor for a 6L spark setup.

Spoiler

Thank you!
"
Azeryen wrote:
Hello and thank you for this awesome guide! I was following ZiggyD's guide, but came across yours and I like how you incorporated the Chaos damage/resistance nodes, as opposed to the nodes around Bravery and Art of the Gladiator.

Could you please explain to me the advantage of Void Manipulation over Added Chaos?

I'm going to be purchasing a 6L armor and want to make sure the colors are right...

I'll need save up some more currency before I can afford a 5/6L Lightning Coil, so I'll be using a rare to start.

I just purchased this Voltaxic for 1.5 ex, as it was the cheapest by far for the damage, so I'll need to use armor for a 6L spark setup.

Spoiler

Thank you!

First of all, I'm glad you like the guide!

Void Manipulation is better than Added Chaos Damage for scaling the Poison damage. Void Manipulation double dips with Spark and the Poison hit. The increased duration nodes on this tree also means Poison stacks last longer, which means more damage dealt by Poison per Spark hit.

Some math:

On the tree we have: 282% total increased damage

130% increased chaos damage
61% increased projectile damage
26% increased elemental damage
65% increased spell damage

and the following more multipliers:

40% more damage from Elemental Overload
20% more damage from 5 Frenzy Charges
21% more damage from Wrath

Spark at level 20 is 438 damage.
Added Chaos Damage at level 20 is 213 damage.

First scenario:
Spark - level 1 Poison - Added Chaos Damage

438 + 213 = 651 damage

651*(1+282/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21) =
651*2.82*1.4*1.2*1.21 =
3731.854896 damage

Poison damage = 3731*0.1 = 373.1

And that damage is buffed by whatever modifiers double dip, in this case being chaos damage, projectile damage and all "more" multipliers so:

373*(1+191/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21) =
373*2.91*1.4*1.2*1.21 =
2206 poison damage

So with Added Chaos Damage gem and no Void Manipulation you get:
3731.85 Spark damage
2206 Poison damage per second

Second scenario:
Spark - level 1 Poison - Void Manipulation

So the only changes in multipliers are we now have -25% increased elemental damage and +39% MORE chaos damage from the Void Manipulation gem. So:

438*(1+257/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21)+(1+0.39) =
438*3.57*1.4*1.2*1.21*1.39 =
4418.265187 damage

Poison damage = 4418*0.1 = 441.8

And that is affected by double dipping modifiers, in this case the only difference is we actually GAIN the 39% MORE chaos damage from Void Manipulation as a multiplier. Void Manipulation's 25% reduced elemental damage doesn't double dip. So:

441.8*(1+191/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21)*(1+0.39) =
441.8*2.91*1.4*1.2*1.21*1.39 =
3632.69 poison damage

So with Void Manipulation instead of Added Chaos Damage you get:
4418.27 Spark damage
3632.69 Poison damage per second

Note: I am not 100% sure if Poison damage is calculated this way but I feel it is. Regardless, Poison damage is always directly related to the initial hit damage, meaning it's going to be dealing more damage in the 2nd scenario. Plus, it only gains more damage in the 2nd scenario, making it even stronger. So Void Manipulation is better than Added Chaos Damage as a 5th link.

This doesn't mean Added Chaos Damage isn't a viable 6th link. I just haven't tested for the best 6th link which is why there are options in the suggested gem links section.

I would buy the 3 Blue 3 Green 6L Armor.

Hope that helps.
"
"
Azeryen wrote:

Spoiler

Thank you!

First of all, I'm glad you like the guide!

Void Manipulation is better than Added Chaos Damage for scaling the Poison damage. Void Manipulation double dips with Spark and the Poison hit. The increased duration nodes on this tree also means Poison stacks last longer, which means more damage dealt by Poison per Spark hit.

Some math:

On the tree we have: 282% total increased damage

130% increased chaos damage
61% increased projectile damage
26% increased elemental damage
65% increased spell damage

and the following more multipliers:

40% more damage from Elemental Overload
20% more damage from 5 Frenzy Charges
21% more damage from Wrath

Spark at level 20 is 438 damage.
Added Chaos Damage at level 20 is 213 damage.

First scenario:
Spark - level 1 Poison - Added Chaos Damage

438 + 213 = 651 damage

651*(1+282/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21) =
651*2.82*1.4*1.2*1.21 =
3731.854896 damage

Poison damage = 3731*0.1 = 373.1

And that damage is buffed by whatever modifiers double dip, in this case being chaos damage, projectile damage and all "more" multipliers so:

373*(1+191/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21) =
373*2.91*1.4*1.2*1.21 =
2206 poison damage

So with Added Chaos Damage gem and no Void Manipulation you get:
3731.85 Spark damage
2206 Poison damage per second

Second scenario:
Spark - level 1 Poison - Void Manipulation

So the only changes in multipliers are we now have -25% increased elemental damage and +39% MORE chaos damage from the Void Manipulation gem. So:

438*(1+257/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21)+(1+0.39) =
438*3.57*1.4*1.2*1.21*1.39 =
4418.265187 damage

Poison damage = 4418*0.1 = 441.8

And that is affected by double dipping modifiers, in this case the only difference is we actually GAIN the 39% MORE chaos damage from Void Manipulation as a multiplier. Void Manipulation's 25% reduced elemental damage doesn't double dip. So:

441.8*(1+191/100)*(1+0.4)*(1+0.2)*(1+0.21)*(1+0.39) =
441.8*2.91*1.4*1.2*1.21*1.39 =
3632.69 poison damage

So with Void Manipulation instead of Added Chaos Damage you get:
4418.27 Spark damage
3632.69 Poison damage per second

Note: I am not 100% sure if Poison damage is calculated this way but I feel it is. Regardless, Poison damage is always directly related to the initial hit damage, meaning it's going to be dealing more damage in the 2nd scenario. Plus, it only gains more damage in the 2nd scenario, making it even stronger. So Void Manipulation is better than Added Chaos Damage as a 5th link.

This doesn't mean Added Chaos Damage isn't a viable 6th link. I just haven't tested for the best 6th link which is why there are options in the suggested gem links section.

I would buy the 3 Blue 3 Green 6L Armor.

Hope that helps.

Yes! I knew that you would throw some math at me! =D

Awesome, thank you!

I will take your advice and I will feel confident in my purchase now. Thank you so much!
"
Azeryen wrote:

Yes! I knew that you would throw some math at me! =D

Awesome, thank you!

I will take your advice and I will feel confident in my purchase now. Thank you so much!

You're welcome and good luck!

So I tried my best to get some boss kills on video. Only one came out in not-complete-poop quality.

Anyway here's a T12 Village Ruin boss kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJ2ShO0TNA

I popped Vaal Haste/Grace early cause I didn't want to risk any freezing/stuttering in the boss area. Same with Granite and Topaz Flasks. I didn't want to risk losing 10% exp.

Also I don't always hide after casting Vaal Spark on bosses! It's just in this scenario because my laptop is a toaster. Recording + PoE + Vaal Spark = rip

"
Azeryen wrote:

Spoiler

Thank you!

Use tabula for 6l Spark setup. Use 5l Vaal Spark on ur bow. Then buy 6l 3b3g Volt~10ex. Use MOM, its impressive. Buy 6l Lightning Coil at the end, its expensive because of colors.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAMEA7gPuBLMFLQhnEGIVIBZvGDwYVhmOGbQaOBpsG_Ec3B2-IuIknSSqJNgnLyj6Kk0s6S2DLlMzhzWSNuk62DrhPydDMUWdR35H4krITeNTUlZIWW1aGlpSX5hiWmVNZlRo8m6qbzt07XXLeA1673tue8N8S311fseCm4LHhFOE2YUyhW2Fe4azhweNfo8akFWTOpZ0lyGaO5rgm12drqIApDmmV6cIqJq18riTu-O9J702vqfAGsBmwXzDM8SizZjPMtNv037VgdWm2CTYvdrB4XPjauQi5YvqYuvu7DjtPO967_3wH_JF8pf2o_no_gr-j_66?accountName=NambrVan&characterName=DamnJemini

Rings can be better with more mana reg and cha res, boots life and cha res but I like speed.
about the blood magic vs mana, i switch from mana to Blood Magic GEM and respect all the mana node/mana cost points and got more chaos resist/life/damage also i can run AA, blasphemy, hot. IMO in this case the gem slot is better than go for BM or take a lot of mana nodes

i can take vaal pact but... i like my life reg (for poison, bleed, burn) and i dont feel like i need it

gear

the only thing capable of kill me was the trio boss in this GG RIP 8mods excavation map, harder than atziri itself

Last edited by Sapherica on Apr 8, 2016, 2:21:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info