[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

"
Uberness wrote:
I'm also curious about the pros and cons of bloodmagic over mana, I imagine the 35% life compared to arctic armor and 60% clearmind damage boost compared to herald helps (although to be fair clearmind is probably closer to a 20-35% damage boost if you have a good double/triple damage jewel)

Probably frees up a couple sockets from the 2-3 auras and a possible mana flask freed up, any other pros or cons?

Con: the mana doesn't come free: I think that my 5L at gem level 15 is already using 100 mana per second, so for a 6L at level 20 this may be 150-200. More when on Vaal haste and when I add more Cast Speed.

And that means:

Running Clarity:
- and then either some mana nodes or giving up an aura/Herald to fit a high-level Clarity in
- getting mana regen on gear, which makes it worse or more expensive
- sucking out on no-regen and maybe half-regen maps

Running a mana leech gem, which eats up a gem slot, and may leech too slow unless you add some nodes for faster leech or a bigger mana pool

Running Blasphemy/Warlords's Mark. This may work better, but it may still leech too slow, and no-curse rares and maps may stop you.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Uberness wrote:

Isn't there a flaw in that build in that it has no bloodmagic or mana nodes? how would you maintain casting spark without running dry?

Well, Zizaran is doing it without mana problems, he is using that talent tree. No problems with mana, its regaining and leeching fast anyway.

ZiggyDs scion sparker dont run blood magic either, and he also dont have mana problems.
Last edited by snakzz on Apr 6, 2016, 7:21:14 AM
Just chiming in to say that on a "regular build" I'm running Warlord's Mark via Curse on Hit and have no trouble at all maintaining Mana on a 5L without Clarity or Mana Regen Jewels.

I do carry a Mana flask for Curse Immune and No Regen Maps.

There is also the boot enchantment "0.5% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently" that can be helpful.
Thank you for the guide. It was very useful as baseline for my chaos sparker.

I have just one pointer to add. If you're going for the golem setup you can bind it on your left mouse key since it's only cast when holding the force cast key.
"
snakzz wrote:
Wow Castor, big thanks for the good and constructive feedback :)

I am working on the skilltree myself atm, but I really like your changes :)

I found another tree I am liking better then yours, better then mine and better then all the others I have seen tho.

What is even better with it is that I dont loose the art of the gladiator with it either.

Yeah this works fine if you're going the Mana route. I personally don't like going mana with Spark because I found leveling with Mana a pain. The only problem I can imagine having is there isn't instant leech but if you think you'll be fine with it then go for it.

I don't see why Art of the Gladiator is so important to you though. Lightning Coil has a -4% movement speed penalty I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's really not much especially when Vaal Haste is up almost all the time. Maybe you meant you don't lose out on the projectile cluster next to art of the gladiator.

"
saysonr wrote:
What are the pros/cons for going with blood magic vs mana?
From what I can tell blood magic loses some dps with no auras but gains survivability with blood magic/vaal pact? I've never used blood magic so I'm just wondering what the upside to going this build over say Ziggy a build would be, thanks!

"
Uberness wrote:
I'm also curious about the pros and cons of bloodmagic over mana, I imagine the 35% life compared to arctic armor and 60% clearmind damage boost compared to herald helps (although to be fair clearmind is probably closer to a 20-35% damage boost if you have a good double/triple damage jewel)

Probably frees up a couple sockets from the 2-3 auras and a possible mana flask freed up, any other pros or cons?

Personally, I don't like using mana based Spark because I have to worry about mana regen and/or carry a mana flask.

So yes, it frees up a mana flask if you don't have some sort of leech. You also don't need to run auras so that frees up a few links. If your leech comes from a curse then have fun using a mana flask in curse immune maps. Then no regen maps/decreased regen maps can also be a hassle. Blood magic maps might also be inconvenient.

It just comes down to convenience really. Feels great doing any map mod and not having to use a mana flask at all or even look at my mana.

"
Wrion wrote:
Thank you for the guide. It was very useful as baseline for my chaos sparker.

I have just one pointer to add. If you're going for the golem setup you can bind it on your left mouse key since it's only cast when holding the force cast key.

Glad it was helpful.

Good point. I just don't like having a skill on my left mouse key since I'm almost always holding the force cast key.
"
Personally, I don't like using mana based Spark because I have to worry about mana regen and/or carry a mana flask.

So yes, it frees up a mana flask if you don't have some sort of leech. You also don't need to run auras so that frees up a few links. If your leech comes from a curse then have fun using a mana flask in curse immune maps. Then no regen maps/decreased regen maps can also be a hassle. Blood magic maps might also be inconvenient.

It just comes down to convenience really. Feels great doing any map mod and not having to use a mana flask at all or even look at my mana.

Thanks for the reply, are there any map mods that this build has trouble with? Even up to T14/15?
"
saysonr wrote:
"

Thanks for the reply, are there any map mods that this build has trouble with? Even up to T14/15?

I haven't had the chance to do any T14 or T15 or even T13 Maps so I wouldn't know from experience. However up to T12 Maps all map mods have been doable. You really really rarely get hit if you don't play recklessly.

Update with the build:

I hit level 91 ~30 minutes ago and attempted my first ever Atziri in PoE. I didn't believe my crappy laptop could handle it but I am glad it did.

Atziri was taken down with 0 deaths.

Proof:

Picture:
Spoiler

Yep, RNGesus has been very good to me this league.

I didn't use a Ruby flask, which was dumb. I did tank some flameblasts but none of the double flameblasts, I made sure to flame dash out of those. I did have my Topaz flask but I didn't get hit with any Storm calls anyway so I wasn't able to see how much damage one would do to me.

For Vaal and the Trio you really just need to save your Vaal Haste/Vaal Grace/Vaal Spark. Use them in that order once the bosses are engaged and stay mobile. Dodge Vaal's lazers if it even gets to use them. In my fight, Vaal used the lazer once and then died.
For the trio I engaged from the bottom left and then ran around clockwise after using my Vaal skills.

Atziri is just dodge the flameblasts/storm calls. We have chaos damage so she won't reflect any damage during that one phase. Vaal Haste helps. Flame dash is great.

Also I've switched my life/5% cast speed/14% all res ring for an Essence Worm Unset Ring. I also had to change two jewels and decided to get rid of the Trickery node since Victario's Acuity gets me 3 power charges, which grants enough Crit Chance to proc Elemental Overload consistently.

The net damage increase for me after adding a level 11 Wrath was ~1.7k on base Spark without charges/Vaal Haste/Ele Overload. I'm waiting for my 20% gems to get back to level 20 to update with the final damage numbers. Even after dropping a life ring I'm currently at 5.8k life. So in my opinion, Essence Worm Unset Ring is definitely worth it. I'm leveling Haste as well just to see how that's like, should be fun.

Also Temp. Chains is probably better than Enfeeble. I rarely find myself casting Enfeeble and Temp. Chains allows for longer Poison stacks on bosses. I'll be switching to Temp. Chains sometime this week after changing the colors on my helmet or getting a different helmet with better stats.

I plan on doing my best to take this character to level 95. I've never passed level 90 so I don't know how long it's going to take. Keep in mind I also play solo 99% of the time. Maybe I'll have to group up to get to 95 faster.
How is your survival with the build? does it get hairy if anything reaches you or can you take a punch?

Also, what is your damage with and without the essence worm?
Last edited by Uberness on Apr 7, 2016, 12:01:08 AM
"
"
snakzz wrote:
Wow Castor, big thanks for the good and constructive feedback :)

I am working on the skilltree myself atm, but I really like your changes :)

I found another tree I am liking better then yours, better then mine and better then all the others I have seen tho.

What is even better with it is that I dont loose the art of the gladiator with it either.

Yeah this works fine if you're going the Mana route. I personally don't like going mana with Spark because I found leveling with Mana a pain. The only problem I can imagine having is there isn't instant leech but if you think you'll be fine with it then go for it.

I don't see why Art of the Gladiator is so important to you though. Lightning Coil has a -4% movement speed penalty I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong but that's really not much especially when Vaal Haste is up almost all the time. Maybe you meant you don't lose out on the projectile cluster next to art of the gladiator.

Winds of changes gloves also gives move pen.

And there are also many very other good nodes just under and next to it imo :)
I'm 99% sure Art of the gladiator just removes the 4% movement penalty from bodyarmor and does not remove the 10% reduced movement affix from the unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info