[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

Wouldn't projectile damage be worth more than elemental/lightning b/c of double dipping with poisons?
"
wehrberg wrote:
Wouldn't projectile damage be worth more than elemental/lightning b/c of double dipping with poisons?

This is true.

However at a certain point it starts to make very little difference because the double dipping on the poison DoT will really only matter against bosses. At that point I'd say cast speed matters more because you'll be applying more stacks of poison on the boss AND dealing more damage from the increased number of Sparks you're sending out.

From my experience doing Tier 10/11 Maps, I've realized damage is the least of my worries. The bosses melt even with the increased monster life map mod. If anything the life would be more valuable which is why I stressed the 200%+ life portion of the tree.

If it really matters to snakkz's tree above then I'd remove Storm Weaver, Trickery, a 5% life node from my previously suggested tree and use those nodes to take the Chaos damage nodes next to Coordination.

Snakkz's original tree had:
143% increased Projectile Damage - double dips
54% increased Chaos Damage - double dips
26% increased Elemental Damage
182% increased maximum Life
+12% to Chaos Resistance
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
16% increased Cast Speed
39% increased Spell Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed

This new suggested tree to make up for the loss in double dipping damage has:

56% increased Projectile Damage - double dips
130% increased Chaos Damage - double dips
192% increased maximum Life
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
+32% to Chaos Resistance
27% increased Cast Speed
65% increased Spell Damage

So -11% chaos/projectile damage but +11% cast speed, +26% spell damage, +10% life, +20% chaos res, +8% all res AND 1 more jewel node where you can stick in a +projectile & +chaos damage jewel for the same number of skill points. I'd say it's worth it.

I'll link the new tree in my previous post.

Thanks for pointing this out though; I wouldn't have remembered and wouldn't have made these changes otherwise.
Why not use Essence worm ring?
"
Oldswole wrote:
Why not use Essence worm ring?

Honestly never even thought about it. It'd make capping your resists tougher.

If you can cap your resists and still use Essence Worm then go for it.
Spoiler
"
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I was leveling before the leveling trees above were provided (in PSC) and seem to be doing alright with:.

www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAPuDjwYkRzcHb4lvCj6LagzhzWSNug6Uj8nQYdKyFZIWK9aUl-YbqpvO2-eeA17w4LHgwmGYI8am12nCKiaqW6xkLXytz631riTvJ--gMAaykrYJNi920_bWd-_4MPr7vKX-ej8S_4K

With notable differences:
- I went for the Harrier node very early (extra movement speed is heaven)
- I went for Blood Magic very early, the mana potions couldn't keep up
- No regen nodes, I use 4 life potions instead.
- The dex nodes to the right were for leveling green gems. Will do Normal Lab soon, which gives a 40 dex node, so I can remove them again.
- am currently getting the increased skill duration nodes, both to give my sparks more range and for that sweet Vaal Haste.
- using a Victario's Acuity, which adds a lot of dps, especially in combination with Elemental Overload, with three power charges you have a crit% of 15%, and that is easily done in 8 seconds.
- currently running well on a 4L (Spark-Pierce-Echo-LightPen), will probably add a 5L soon (thinking of Slower Projectiles for the MORE, using a Q20 Spark, so this should counterbalance nicely, especially with the Duration nodes)

Life was a little hard in A4 Normal, but once I got a Stone Golem and an Echo gem, it was plain sailing again.

I am now thinking to get Berserker+Vaal Pact before Deadeye, because the instant life leech will make me a *lot* tankier, and this will hopefully allow me to do Merc Lab right after Hedge Maze (with a high-level friend to do the damage) so I have both. If not, I will have to wait to level 64 so I can run the Vortex. Already saving up for a +2 Sparks helmet.

Am also thinking that probably level 95 will be my final level with this build, so I need to cut off 7 nodes from the level 100 tree (I will definitely want the Frenzy node all the way to the right: Frenzy adds immense dps). Suggestions are welcome.

Deadeye is a HUGE damage boost. With the Pierce gem, you'll get to 100% pierce. The Spark projectiles also gain damage as they travel further allowing you to kill offscreen stuff even faster (this also makes Merc Izaro easier: run-sparkspark-run-sparkspark). Also the additional projectile is 10/10.

You can also run Merc Lab with a life leech gem and possibly grab Vaal Pact just for that fight? It'd be similar to having Berserker except you won't have to spend 15 Regrets refunding Berserker if you change your mind or don't like it.

It's up to you though.

If you're only going for 95 then feel free to get rid of the life nodes near Corruption and get rid of Trickery since Victario's Acuity does it better. You'll still be have 207% life which is enough for maps. You can also get rid of some jewel nodes since you really only need one for Clear Mind.

"
snakzz wrote:
Why aint this as much damage as manabased sparks?

This is the skilltree I am thinking of going:
Would love some feedback :)

Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQBeAO4BkQHRAecD7gSzBS0ILg48FE0VIBiRGYoZjhm0Gjgc3B2-IuIk2CW8Jy8o-io4Kk0s6S2DLdIy0TOHNZI26DpSOtg_J0GHQzFFR0fiSRNKyFZIWK9ZbVoaWlJfmGVNZlRuqm87dO11y3gNe8N9dYKbgseFbYV7hrOJ4I1-jxqQVZMflwaaO5tdoSKiAKJApDmnCKiaqW6v67Xytz64k7vjvJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsMzwzrEos2YzzLTftWB1abYJNi92sHbT9-_4MPhc-ZY6mLr7uw47Tztg-968pf0-Paj-ej8S_4K_ro=

This build isn't as much damage as mana based spark because we can't/don't use Heralds of Thunder/Ice or Auras since we're using Blood Magic. I mean, you CAN use Heralds but I wouldn't reserve life.

I made some changes to the skill tree you provided and I'll explain the changes here. Maybe you like them, maybe not but all the changes I made were for efficiency.

From the Duelist portion of the tree you gain the following for 15 points:
28% life
1 frenzy charge
50% projectile damage
no movement penalty from armor

I removed all 15 of those points and placed them on the Shadow side of the tree, grabbing:
Coordination, Blood Siphon, Fangs of the Viper, Blood Drinker and +1 Frenzy node
For 13 points I got:
35% life
1 frenzy charge
20% chaos damage (which double dips with Spark and Poison)
6% cast speed

In my opinion those changes are definitely worth it.

Then I removed all the connecting nodes between Vaal Pact and Exceptional Performance (the stuff in the Ranger tree). From those 26 points you got:
37% life
1 jewel socket
20% projectile speed
71% projectile damage
36% chance to avoid being Stunned
4% movement speed

I reconnected the tree through the Harrier node, getting the following for 10 points :
26% spell damage
5% movement speed
5% cast speed
2 jewel nodes

Then I grabbed Purity of Flesh above the Templar side of the tree. For those 6 points I got:
20% life
20% chaos resistance

I then reconnected the tree through Light of Divinity instead of Retribution which got me 1 skill point back.

I now have 12 points remaining to match the tree you linked. I used 3 of those points on the Scion life square.

The final 9 points went into Sniper and Nullification above Fangs of the Viper and the 5 chaos damage nodes next to Coordination.

For the final points I got:
20% life
+8% elemental resistances
30% projectile damage
10% projectile speed
+56% chaos damage

More life, damage, cast speed. Less projectile speed and less Dexterity.

Dexterity should not be a problem since you should be getting some on your Amulet.

135 Dex from tree + 40 Dex from Ascendancy tree + 20 base Dexterity for being a Scion = 195 Dexterity

+17-24 Dexterity from Victario's Acuity or a Turquoise Amulet = 212-219 Dexterity. 212 Dex is all you need for Voltaxic.

EDIT: I've been reminded that projectile damage double dips making it more valuable than elemental/spell/lightning damage. The reasons above are still valid. I removed and added some reasons to make sense with this new tree, which makes up for the loss in projectile damage from your original tree with chaos damage since they both double dip with Poison.

So here is my updated suggestion for your tree snakzz:

Just to make the newest changes clear:

Your original tree had:
143% increased Projectile Damage - double dips
54% increased Chaos Damage - double dips
182% increased maximum Life
+12% to Chaos Resistance
+22% to all Elemental Resistances
16% increased Cast Speed
39% increased Spell Damage

This new suggested tree to make up for the loss in double dipping damage has:

56% increased Projectile Damage - double dips
130% increased Chaos Damage - double dips
192% increased maximum Life
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
+32% to Chaos Resistance
27% increased Cast Speed
65% increased Spell Damage

So -11% chaos/projectile damage but +11% cast speed, +26% spell damage, +10% life, +20% chaos res, +8% all res AND 1 more jewel node where you can stick in a +projectile & +chaos damage jewel for the same number of skill points.

Hope it all makes sense.

Wow Castor, big thanks for the good and constructive feedback :)

I am working on the skilltree myself atm, but I really like your changes :)

I found another tree I am liking better then yours, better then mine and better then all the others I have seen tho.

What is even better with it is that I dont loose the art of the gladiator with it either.

Last edited by snakzz on Apr 6, 2016, 2:49:03 AM
What are the pros/cons for going with blood magic vs mana?
From what I can tell blood magic loses some dps with no auras but gains survivability with blood magic/vaal pact? I've never used blood magic so I'm just wondering what the upside to going this build over say Ziggy a build would be, thanks!
I'm also curious about the pros and cons of bloodmagic over mana, I imagine the 35% life compared to arctic armor and 60% clearmind damage boost compared to herald helps (although to be fair clearmind is probably closer to a 20-35% damage boost if you have a good double/triple damage jewel)

Probably frees up a couple sockets from the 2-3 auras and a possible mana flask freed up, any other pros or cons?
"
Deadeye is a HUGE damage boost. With the Pierce gem, you'll get to 100% pierce. The Spark projectiles also gain damage as they travel further allowing you to kill offscreen stuff even faster (this also makes Merc Izaro easier: run-sparkspark-run-sparkspark). Also the additional projectile is 10/10.

You can also run Merc Lab with a life leech gem and possibly grab Vaal Pact just for that fight? It'd be similar to having Berserker except you won't have to spend 15 Regrets refunding Berserker if you change your mind or don't like it.

It's up to you though.

Berserker is 10% MORE damage, Deadeye is 50-80% INCREASED damage (which translates to about 12%-20% MORE damage), so the difference is not that big.

I did Cruel Lab (with considerable difficulty) right after Merciless A1, but when I got Berserker, I sailed right through Merciless until I hit level 64 on Marketplace Sewer and could equip Voltaxic. Then things really accelerated, Piety, Dominus and Deshret fell in quick succession, will start mapping today.

I am using Q20 Spark which has 40% Projectile Speed and am wearing a sweet
so the extra projectile means less to me. I now agree that in general Deadeye is the way to go, but if you can afford a Q20 Spark and +2 Spark helmet Berserker works as well.

One big disadvantage of taking Berserker/Vaal Pact first is that some of the Merciless Trials are no fun when you have no regeneration.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 6, 2016, 5:20:41 AM
Wow, all the vaal sparks enchanted helms are so expensive, I will never be able to afford one :(
"
snakzz wrote:
"
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I was leveling before the leveling trees

I found another tree I am liking better then yours, better then mine and better then all the others I have seen tho.

What is even better with it is that I dont loose the art of the gladiator with it either.

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQBeAO4B0QMeBS0FtQceD6sRLxUgFr8Zihm0H0Ei4iP2JIsmlSpNLOktgy5TMHw1kjY9N9Q64T7PPydDMUcGR35H4kkTSVFKyE2STeNRR1VLVYVZbVoaWlJcQF-YYeJirGVNbAhsjG1sbqp07XWedct67311hMWGs4fLieCMNo19jX6Nv4_6kx-VLpcGm12btZ2qoSKiQKOKpDmly6ZXp5uomq_rtMW1SLXyu-O9Nr3mvqfDM8M6xKLNmM8VzzLQ0NNv037UI9i92sHb5-ZY6mLrY-0_7g7vevDV8YryRfKX9Pj2o_4K_o_-ug==

Isn't there a flaw in that build in that it has no bloodmagic or mana nodes? how would you maintain casting spark without running dry?
Last edited by Uberness on Apr 6, 2016, 6:28:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info