[2.2] [Berserker/Deadeye] Life Voltaxic Spark - No Crit - BloodMagic - VaalPact - 80k DPS!

Here is my tree so far:

Dont know where to go on from here besides grabbing more dmg by projectil damage nodes.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQBeAMEA7gMeBS0ILg-rEGIRLxUgFr8ZihmOGbQfQSLiI_YkiyaVKk0s6S2DLlMwfDWSNj031D7PPydDMUcGR35H4kkTSVFKyE2SUUdVS1WFWW1aGlpSXEBfmGHiYqxlTWwIbIxtbG6qdO11nnXLe257w311hFOExYazhweHy4ngjDaNfY1-jb-P-pMflwaXIZtdm7WdqqOKpDmly6ebqJq0xbVItfK74702vea-p8F8wzPDOsSizZjPFc8y0NDTb9N-1CPYvdrB2-fmWOpi62PtP-2D7g7veu_98NXxivKX9qP-Cv66?accountName=snakzz&characterName=Partywoman
I like your blood magic scion Castor, especially throwing out all the math to help figure out what works best, it also taught me how insanely good Clearmind is on pretty much every character your leveling because it beats two damage auras early in dps and the essence worm adds even more potential to the build.

I made it up to 52 on a new Scion with your build, but when I put on the winds of change and had to walk around at 7-20% movement speed for awhile, I 100% couldn't go on any longer and rerolled a champion for that sweet, sweet, 18% movement speed and fortify.

But I feel like your blood magic setup is one of the strongest scion versions of the build and I appreciate all the maths thrown at us simple folk and I'm still curious how you progress or improve on it.
"
Viese wrote:
Leaving this here for people who are interested. aswell as some feedback/ideas of improvement.

Level 100 tree.
"

The idea of my build was based of looking at several builds out there, and then combining the good, whilst leaving out the bad.
I've added my own twist to it because by default i am a lazy player, i dont enjoy managing charges, or warcries. it's a lazy mans build that works the same if not better, and doesnt over complicate things.

I use the same general items and gems as all other builds, the one thing that is different is i take overcharged to have my charges up easier, faster and longer, and its more Reliant.

Some stats:
Chaos capped
Elemental capped
5.5k health.
600 energy shield.
5 power charges
5 frenzy charges
3 endurance charges.
Auras are Clarity, herald of thunder and wrath(in essence worm)

Gear:
"

Atm im debating on wether to take a Restless ward for charge duration (I love charges)
Or get the Cherrubim's Maleficence for more dmg, and evasion.

Anyway my take on the build.

I don't like comparing my build to mana based ones because the mana based one will almost always have more damage because of the auras/heralds it can run.

So yeah your build "works the same if not better" in terms of damage. I'm disappointed it has so little more damage though.

10% increased projectile damage, 12% increased spell damage and Herald of Thunder is all you have over me in terms of damage. Level 20 HoT is equal to ~11% increased lightning damage on level 20 Spark so in total that's about 3 damage nodes.

Your build doesn't "work the same if not better" in terms of survivability. You have no enduring cry, no lightning coil, and less life on your tree making your effective HP much much lower than mine. Even a 7.4k life player with no other defenses has less effective HP than a 6k life player with only lightning coil.

I could remove my Hired Killer cluster (3 points worth 14% increased life), grab the three remaining projectile damage nodes to the left of Ballistic Mastery and end up with more damage and more effective HP than you which isn't good news for you since you're the mana based one.

There are nodes you took that I feel aren't good/worth it.

Power charges only give +50% crit chance. Why are you wasting 4 points getting 2 more when the 3 default charges are enough to proc Elemental Overload? Those 4 points would be better invested in damage or life.

I don't feel Overcharged is worth it. 12% chance to gain either a frenzy, power, or endurance charge on kill. It's essentially a worse Victario's Acuity, which you're already wearing, and it costs 6 skill points. There's a chance to gain an endurance charge, which will more than likely be wasted. If that endurance charge WERE necessary then you'd be better of with an Enduring Cry gem - which you don't even have to manage because the endurance charges don't have to be up all the time or even the majority of the time. If you end up using the node then you'll likely need The Restless Ward so you spend 6 points and a unique amulet instead of just sticking to Victario's Acuity alone.

Why the Void Barrier cluster? Just for the 8% all resistances? You only have 198 ES and 809 Evasion, less than I have, with your gear so I don't imagine those nodes will do much to help your ES/Evasion.
809 Evasion with the 90% increased Evasion from Void Barrior and Nullification clusters = 1537 Evasion
While I have 1247 Evasion just from gear.
So you're investing AT LEAST 8 skill points for +~2% chance to evade, ~100 ES, 16% all resists, and 5% life when you could get more life and damage with those points instead.
The 600 ES you claim to have is okay but it doesn't help at all against Chaos damage and against physical/elemental hits you have 5500 life and 600 ES so 100 more effective HP than me while ignoring Lightning Coil's mitigation.
Also the 600 ES isn't adding up. You have 198 from gear, 50% increased from nodes on tree and let's say you have 250 Int from tree and gear, that's another 50% increased ES from INT. So 198 ES * (1+ 100/100) = 396 ES. Where is the extra 200 ES you claim to have coming from? Am I blind or calculating something wrong?

You have a total of 53 more flat life on your gear than me, which is actually a lot, yet your tree is holding you back and cornering you into Belly of the Beast. You have 173% life while wearing Belly. You're missing out on Lightning Coil's 30% physical damage reduction too. So you're gimping your defenses for convenience and to not over complicate things? I'd argue you're making the game more complicated for yourself.

You have worse defenses because you're forced into Belly of the Beast, which comes down to the lack of life nodes on your tree.

How do you do in tough t10+ maps? What about devourers? What about porcupines goliaths?

"
snakzz wrote:
Here is my tree so far:

Dont know where to go on from here besides grabbing more dmg by projectil damage nodes.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQBeAMEA7gMeBS0ILg-rEGIRLxUgFr8ZihmOGbQfQSLiI_YkiyaVKk0s6S2DLlMwfDWSNj031D7PPydDMUcGR35H4kkTSVFKyE2SUUdVS1WFWW1aGlpSXEBfmGHiYqxlTWwIbIxtbG6qdO11nnXLe257w311hFOExYazhweHy4ngjDaNfY1-jb-P-pMflwaXIZtdm7WdqqOKpDmly6ebqJq0xbVItfK74702vea-p8F8wzPDOsSizZjPFc8y0NDTb9N-1CPYvdrB2-fmWOpi62PtP-2D7g7veu_98NXxivKX9qP-Cv66?accountName=snakzz&characterName=Partywoman

You have projectile damage nodes next to Ballistic Mastery and chaos damage nodes next to Coordination. You also have the option of life nodes from the scion square I guess.

"
Uberness wrote:
I like your blood magic scion Castor, especially throwing out all the math to help figure out what works best, it also taught me how insanely good Clearmind is on pretty much every character your leveling because it beats two damage auras early in dps and the essence worm adds even more potential to the build.

I made it up to 52 on a new Scion with your build, but when I put on the winds of change and had to walk around at 7-20% movement speed for awhile, I 100% couldn't go on any longer and rerolled a champion for that sweet, sweet, 18% movement speed and fortify.

But I feel like your blood magic setup is one of the strongest scion versions of the build and I appreciate all the maths thrown at us simple folk and I'm still curious how you progress or improve on it.

Thanks Uberness, I enjoy doing the math since it helps me find upgrades/alternatives.

I know how you felt when you first put on Winds of Change, I was under 10% movement speed at one point but I managed to push through and it was worth it imo. Champion Spark sounds op.

I'm still working on 20/20 gems but that should happen soon and I'll update the guide with new damage pictures.

Thanks for the supportive comment, means a lot!
Managed to 6 link my Voltaxic Rift in less than a hundred fusings!

Updated my current gear and the damage pictures in the main post. The next update to those pictures will be after I get Added Chaos Damage to level 20 and 20% quality, and at least Pierce and Spell Echo to 20% quality.

The increase in damage is very very noticeable!

Next upgrade is hopefully 6 linking my Lightning Coil so I can add Void Manipulation to my Vaal Spark link.
Just wondering, how do you think your and Ziz's spark builds compare?
"
Managed to 6 link my Voltaxic Rift in less than a hundred fusings!

Updated my current gear and the damage pictures in the main post. The next update to those pictures will be after I get Added Chaos Damage to level 20 and 20% quality, and at least Pierce and Spell Echo to 20% quality.

The increase in damage is very very noticeable!

Next upgrade is hopefully 6 linking my Lightning Coil so I can add Void Manipulation to my Vaal Spark link.

Wow lucker.

I spent 500 fuses and not even an fucking 5 link :D

If it didnt cost over two exalt two respecc all back and forward I would totaly try to respecc to your BM / Vaal pact build and compare them.
Last edited by snakzz on Apr 12, 2016, 2:45:27 AM
Thanks so much for posting the BM version of the Spark build! I'll have to give it a try once I have my fill of the mana version I'm running now. I also appreciate you posting the calculations supporting your conclusions about what the best gems to link with Spark - it has helped me improve my damage output since I was using a weaker set-up previously.

The mana version I'm running is very similar to to ZiggyD's, and instead of relying on Vaal Pact for instant heals I've been having a lot of fun with Zerphi's Last Breath. I'm using a Tabula (since I'm 100% self found for the moment, so no trading) to have a very high mana cost on the Spark, and with the very low casting time Zerphi heals for around 500-600 per cast or around 2000-2400 per second without any buffs up, more if I have frenzy charges up and activate Vaal Haste.

As far as Vaal gems go, I decided to just stick with Vaal Haste and Vaal Skeletons instead of Vaal Grace.

One question for you: what are your thoughts on Faster Projectiles support gem? Would it be worthwhile to reduce the damage per hit in favor of more frequent hits assuming a closed space in which the projectiles have a chance to bounce off walls?
"
posterier wrote:
Just wondering, how do you think your and Ziz's spark builds compare?

I personally don't like that it's mana based but let me be objective here.

His build easily has better defenses/mitigation because of permanent Fortify. We both have 221% life from the tree but he has easier access to more life nodes if he really needed them. Even with Coil and 3 endurance charges, Acrobatics & Fortify provide more effective HP.

He has an extra frenzy charge, more chaos damage, more DoT damage.
I have more spell/elemental damage and cast speed.
His triple Sacrificial Harvest means he very likely uses Vaal Spark 3 times more than I do which means even more damage.

Even if my damage were higher than Ziz's damage, it isn't high enough to outweigh permanent Forfity especially when pushing for 100.

champion op
poison op

ps: He's using Controlled Destruction as his 6th link instead of Added Chaos Damage so he could squeeze a bit more damage by switching that gem - unless I'm blind and I'm missing something.

"
DicemanX wrote:
Thanks so much for posting the BM version of the Spark build! I'll have to give it a try once I have my fill of the mana version I'm running now. I also appreciate you posting the calculations supporting your conclusions about what the best gems to link with Spark - it has helped me improve my damage output since I was using a weaker set-up previously.

The mana version I'm running is very similar to to ZiggyD's, and instead of relying on Vaal Pact for instant heals I've been having a lot of fun with Zerphi's Last Breath. I'm using a Tabula (since I'm 100% self found for the moment, so no trading) to have a very high mana cost on the Spark, and with the very low casting time Zerphi heals for around 500-600 per cast or around 2000-2400 per second without any buffs up, more if I have frenzy charges up and activate Vaal Haste.

As far as Vaal gems go, I decided to just stick with Vaal Haste and Vaal Skeletons instead of Vaal Grace.

One question for you: what are your thoughts on Faster Projectiles support gem? Would it be worthwhile to reduce the damage per hit in favor of more frequent hits assuming a closed space in which the projectiles have a chance to bounce off walls?

Cool, never even knew Zerphi's existed.

I wouldn't use Faster Projectiles even if the boss/monster and I were in a room small enough to fit just the two of us. Sure it'd be more hits but those hits would be significantly smaller.
Pierce has increased damage and a more damage multiplier.
Void Manipulation has a more damage multiplier.
Poison cannot be replaced.
Added Chaos Damage is almost half of level 20 Spark's damage so that is huge.
Spell Echo is too good, literally double the Sparks per cast.
I don't think you give your build enough credit in comparison to the others. For example Ziz's build doesn't have elemental overload or the crazy increases from deadeye. Sure from a hardcore perspective I see Ziz's having a place, but even some hardcore players may feel that the loss of the global leech and deadeye bonuses aren't worth it.

I was looking at your calculations for added chaos. I don't see damage effectiveness in your equation (at first glance anyway). Did you factor in the 70% damage effectiveness that spark places on support gems?

Really great build though, I've enjoyed reading your detailed explanations throughout the thread.
Possibly stupid question, revealing my lack of how all these damage conversions interact, but:

- the last 5 nodes of your build are: 2 stats nodes, Ballistic Mastery and 2 proj. Damage nodes for 35% Projectile Damage and 20% Projectile Speed.

Wouldn't it be better to take Trickery, he two Elemental Damage nodes to the left, and Elemental Focus for 64% Elemental Damage?

Or does the double dip of Projectile (which is on only 10% of the damage) make it better?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 12, 2016, 4:20:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info