[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! (And thanks to kur0wasa79 for answering questions while I was gone). I'm back now, and I'll be pushing my char to 90 in the next week or so.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
This build is good for party and endgame bosses?
"
slimq3 wrote:
This build is good for party and endgame bosses?

No Mjolner build is "good" for parties. It can really lag people badly.
and for bosses tier over 13?
"
slimq3 wrote:
and for bosses tier over 13?

While I haven't personally ran that high tier maps in Perandus yet (I don't even have them), users of the build have. For example:

"
I just finished a T15 Colosseum map with this build in perandus(you can check my char if you want to know what gear i had). Im "kinda" new to this game and love this build! thank you bro :)
(my highest char before this league was 79 and i played it a year ago or something)

"
Fedega wrote:
I dont know how some ppl can die with this Build. I have 5900 HP and 34K Armour (59k With granite) i can easy clear t13-14 maps. I made atziri easily too. Its about switching To Saffels and PoL PoF and Arctic Armour and then Change Spark for Ball Lightning so u dont hit mirror.

twitch.tv/savagewolves
Been running tier 15 maps quite a lot and have yet to use more than one portal, I've ran them rare-corrupted and still ended the map flawlessly. Such an amazing build, nearing in on 90 (currently 88) Any thoughts on where to go from 90? I was looking at possibly Heart of Thunder? There's a lot of lightning damage to be fetched there, with an additional 3% penetration?

I'm currently at 6k Health, Max resistances, 41k Armour, finding more survivability for me isn't really needed as of yet, I already beast most of the content (Yet to do Atziri due to needing the required items) cleared a lot of the unique maps with ease. Any thoughts?

My Gear:

If you haven't tried this build, now's the time to!
Last edited by Yuzanaki on Apr 3, 2016, 5:14:23 PM
"
Yuzanaki wrote:
Been running tier 15 maps quite a lot and have yet to use more than one portal

How do you find the speed? I'm running a non-voll's Mjolner with like 300% more spell damage, a lot more attack speed, and more offensive flasks than this build, and if I don't use other skills I find that bosses and certain rares take ages to clear, relatively speaking--think Rare Necromancers. I'm curious as to how this build deals with that, or is it just a little slow?

Also, I'm curious as to how you deal with reflect, particularly on bad combo maps like reflect+-16 max or blood magic. In general, do you have any issues with a lot of elemental damage? I ask because the first iteration of the build I'm currently running had a lot of issues in high-end content with those things and it essentially ran better defenses against them than this build does. So I'm curious how people running this one are getting around it.
Last edited by IdleAltruism on Apr 3, 2016, 8:35:21 PM
"
Yuzanaki wrote:
Any thoughts on where to go from 90? I was looking at possibly Heart of Thunder? There's a lot of lightning damage to be fetched there, with an additional 3% penetration?

That's right on the money. You can also grab more jewel sockets, or even the spell damage nodes near Templar and Witch if you're after more DPS.

Also, try to run some labs and get Decree of Fury on your gloves. You won't be disappointed. It's brutally good.

"
IdleAltruism wrote:
I find that bosses and certain rares take ages to clear, relatively speaking--think Rare Necromancers. I'm curious as to how this build deals with that, or is it just a little slow?

Being able to crit grants us the Elemental Overload buff (40% more elemental damage). Couple that with extra attack speed from bloodrage, and extra procs from counter attacks and Decree of fury, and most stuff melts pretty fast.

One of the biggest boons against light res rares (esp necros) is that endurance charges and frenzy charges generated from warlord's mark and blood rage chunk them pretty hard. That said, these mobs are also relatively 'slow' (from my experience), though not too bad.

On another topic: I've been reading some things about the interaction between Scold's and the Juggernaut Unflinching node. Apparently the damage from Scold's counts as a hit and thus has a chance to generate an endurance charge when you use a skill. I may be experimenting with this in the near future to see how well the interaction actually works.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Apr 3, 2016, 8:50:36 PM
"
zSavage wrote:

Being able to crit grants us the Elemental Overload buff (40% more elemental damage). Couple that with extra attack speed from bloodrage, and extra procs from counter attacks and Decree of fury, and most stuff melts pretty fast.

From my quick calculations, I don't actually think you get much more damage with Elemental Overload than what I'm currently running, unfortunately. I don't have frenzy charges, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Voll-less Mjolners are all pretty much in the same boat when it comes to those rares. For bosses I use Vaal Molten Shell, and that pretty much kills most of the map bosses by itself, but I can't reliably use it on all the random rares. Maybe running a regular Molten Shell might help.

Do you find Decree of Fury worth farming for? I honestly never thought about it. It sounds interesting.
"
IdleAltruism wrote:

Do you find Decree of Fury worth farming for? I honestly never thought about it. It sounds interesting.

Absolutely. There are 13 possible glove mods. You'll have a cumulative chance of at least 50% to get it by the time you've done 8 runs. I got the one on my rare gloves in 16 attempts and the one on Repentance in just 3.

But any enchant that 'attacks' can trigger Mjolner with each hit. Thus firing off a bunch of piercing projectiles is really good. I can often simply leap slam between packs without even having to use molten strike when this procs.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info