[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

"
How do you plan on fitting on 2 golems (gem-wise)? It'd be ~100% inc damage/40% inc cast speed, which is pretty huge.

I guess you could drop rapid decay from the LW setup to free up a gem slot.
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
Probably gonna start prophecy with a similar build but I am going to drop the lightning to fire conversion, don't see a point to it.
Here is my tree so far:
poeurl.com/DHK (Going BM because I hate dealing with mana)

Focusing on taking elemental damage to scale arc/vaal rf and burn.
Probably going to duel wield catalysts.
Gonna run 1 aura in essence worm, not sure what aura yet. Wrath is good for arc but doesn't do anything for vaal rf.
For gems the plan is Arc - Pen - Echo - CD - Life Leech - Added Lightning/ Empower 4
Going to test if 0.6 leech (2 catalysts and invitation) + atziri flask + boots enchant for leech is good enough for general mapping, if so I will drop life leech gem.

All off this sounds good, Well see how much calamaity takes away of the reflect. Bm is what i ran last month of the league on this build and it works great, lets you avoid another couple of map mods. Reason for wrath before was that vrf didnt need a boost in dmg, it could oneshot kaom in t15, so might aswell boost arc. Anyway the reasons for the shield was that i was pushing high lvls and dying was a bad thing, so survival came before dmg output, but i did kill myself on a reflect when testing dual doryanis and ll gem even with vaal pact, thats how crazy the dmg was :D. But thats prob solved now with calamity.

Cool, I guess I am on the right track.
Did some tweaking to the tree, decided to go BM/MoM/EB and use ES gear.
poeurl.com/DW2
A little bit less %life but 30% less damage taken should offset that.
Also not sure if it's worth taking AoE passives, Something else to test...
"
AvocadoCake wrote:
How do you plan on fitting on 2 golems (gem-wise)? It'd be ~100% inc damage/40% inc cast speed, which is pretty huge.

Unfortunately you don't get double buff if you run 2 golems of the same type.
So 1 fire and 1 lightning golem will give 100% damage (40% lightning + 40% fire + 20% general damage) and 9% cast speed + the buffs the golems already provide.
It's still worth going AoF imo

Here's why:

-Full benefit from 2 golems (lightning/fire) and leige of the primordial buffs, essentially 40% increased damage from having a flame golem.
-Full situational benefit from Paragon of Calamity damage buffs (40%+40%+20%)
-Double dipping heart of flame cluster for fire damage and burn, they also happen to benefit VRF.
-Being able to use fire damage jewels
-Being able to run reflect maps with RotP, maybe possible without in 2.3 anyway.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on May 29, 2016, 10:50:58 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:
It's still worth going AoF imo

Here's why:

-Full benefit from 2 golems (lightning/fire) and leige of the primordial buffs, essentially 40% increased damage from having a flame golem.
-Full situational benefit from Paragon of Calamity damage buffs (40%+40%+20%)
-Double dipping heart of flame cluster for fire damage and burn, they also happen to benefit VRF.
-Being able to use fire damage jewels
-Being able to run reflect maps with RotP, maybe possible without in 2.3 anyway.

Good points but there also downsides:
- You need to use CtF gem, which is complete trash because you only convert half of your lightning to cold so you get 15% more damage from an entire gem slot, which is bad.
- You need to use CotB ring which besides the conversion and a little bit of damage offer little else.
- You need to spend points on AoF and in my tree it's more then 1 point because it requires sub optimal pathing.
This build here is opening my eyes to something; I've been building my characters wrong all along.

I have always been overvaluing damage it seems.

I had an idea for a Flameblast burn build, I kept thinking of it for a long time and decided crit Inquisitor was the best choice.

I'd pick up SO MANY damage increasing nodes on my planned build that I could at best fit 150% life on the build at level 100. Looking at this build, I'm seeing Arc's "low" damage compared to a 10 stack Flameblast destroy everything, and to my surprise the build offers well over 200% life on the tree, with a really small investment in damage nodes.

This has been a huge eye opener for me.

I'm planning on running a variant of this build in Prophecy, damage conversion has always been my thing. Though Chaos didn't intrigue me, always loved Cold to Fire + Avatar of Fire though!

I'm sort of debating between Arc, Spark or perhaps just running a Cold spell instead? But in the end it doesn't matter, I'll aim for +200% life or ~300% ES depending on the way I go.

Thanks for opening my eyes FoxTactics!
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
"
AvocadoCake wrote:

So 1 fire and 1 lightning golem will give 100% damage (40% lightning + 40% fire + 20% general damage) and 9% cast speed + the buffs the golems already provide.

Yeah, my bad, 18% (9*2) cast speed, not 40, then 120 (2*20+40+40) inc arc damage with aof etc.

--

Anyway, the new Grand Spectrum ele damage jewel looks absolutely insane. poeurl.com/D6w - maintaining 200% life and decent cast speed, we're looking at over 700% double dipping increased damage. For context, Fox's tree has 179% inc damage and only 121% of that double dips. That's insane, and honestly complete overkill. Or CI, where it's like 1k damage with enough ES on tree to reach ~13k(?)ES? WTF GGG
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
Last edited by AvocadoCake on May 30, 2016, 6:25:48 AM
"
AvocadoCake wrote:
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
"
AvocadoCake wrote:

Yeah, my bad, 18% (9*2) cast speed, not 40, then 120 (2*20+40+40) inc arc damage with aof etc.

--

Anyway, the new Grand Spectrum ele damage jewel looks absolutely insane. poeurl.com/D6w - maintaining 200% life and decent cast speed, we're looking at over 700% double dipping increased damage. For context, Fox's tree has 179% inc damage and only 121% of that double dips. That's insane, and honestly complete overkill. Or CI, where it's like 1k damage with enough ES on tree to reach ~13k(?)ES? WTF GGG

Something got lost in translation in the gem reveal.
Apperently they have severe diminishing returns after 3.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Would you recommend this for a starting build on HC? Those starting uniques don't seem that "cheap" , can you still achieve good survivability and dmg with "ok'ish" rares?
Last edited by Mobber on May 30, 2016, 8:48:55 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:

Something got lost in translation in the gem reveal.
Apperently they have severe diminishing returns after 3.

Where'd you hear that? It makes sense that there'd be some limitation on what we're seeing now, I just haven't seen a statement communicating that.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info