Windows 10 Memory Leak Fixed

"
virusek wrote:
"
LBGxValor wrote:
u should be making a 64bit architecture client instead of tryin to update complete trash 32bit tech, were not in 03 nemore time to move on...if people dont have 64bit systems by 2016 to bad...ur having the same problem that blizzard and d3 is having, since they wanted to accommodate everyone including people that wanted to play on a commodore 64...dont make worthless updates....create the client on 64bit...and if u want to accommodate people that r stuck in 03 then have a choice between 32 and 64bit for us who have a real gaming machine

Why ? POE memory requirement should really by so high to take 4GB+ memory so 64bit client will not work much better. x86-64 is really 64bit EXTENDED architecture, it was extended mostly because of memory limitation to 4GB. I think better enhancement for POE client is D3D11+ multi-threaded renderer, because game work for me same on lowest settings as on highest, almost always eating 100% of one CPU core and little of another. Offloading more task from CPU to GPU will make more CPU time for other task so it will run much smoother.

Also maybe XAudio2 instead of OpenAL ? I'm using OpenAL Soft myself, because it renders sounds better and uses WASAPI, and default OpenAL renderer ie. wrap_oal.dll is only simple DirectSound wrapper.

actually read up on something b4 u decide to take random google quotes and put them in a response.... "memory so 64bit client will not work much better. x86-64 is really 64bit EXTENDED architecture, it was extended mostly because of memory limitation to 4GB" is 100% wrong lol...here for some kinda REAL idea of wut is going on https://www.maketecheasier.com/why-games-need-64-bit-support/
moving on..bottom line they come out with new tech for a reason...poe is amazing and has ALOT of calculations goin on at once which the game does not process correctly. u can run POE on a super computer and it still would game lag...also u cannot run on this for the rest of time..so u should just do it and get it over with.
"
LBGxValor wrote:
"
virusek wrote:
"
LBGxValor wrote:
u should be making a 64bit architecture client instead of tryin to update complete trash 32bit tech, were not in 03 nemore time to move on...if people dont have 64bit systems by 2016 to bad...ur having the same problem that blizzard and d3 is having, since they wanted to accommodate everyone including people that wanted to play on a commodore 64...dont make worthless updates....create the client on 64bit...and if u want to accommodate people that r stuck in 03 then have a choice between 32 and 64bit for us who have a real gaming machine

Why ? POE memory requirement should really by so high to take 4GB+ memory so 64bit client will not work much better. x86-64 is really 64bit EXTENDED architecture, it was extended mostly because of memory limitation to 4GB. I think better enhancement for POE client is D3D11+ multi-threaded renderer, because game work for me same on lowest settings as on highest, almost always eating 100% of one CPU core and little of another. Offloading more task from CPU to GPU will make more CPU time for other task so it will run much smoother.

Also maybe XAudio2 instead of OpenAL ? I'm using OpenAL Soft myself, because it renders sounds better and uses WASAPI, and default OpenAL renderer ie. wrap_oal.dll is only simple DirectSound wrapper.

actually read up on something b4 u decide to take random google quotes and put them in a response.... "memory so 64bit client will not work much better. x86-64 is really 64bit EXTENDED architecture, it was extended mostly because of memory limitation to 4GB" is 100% wrong lol...here for some kinda REAL idea of wut is going on https://www.maketecheasier.com/why-games-need-64-bit-support/
moving on..bottom line they come out with new tech for a reason...poe is amazing and has ALOT of calculations goin on at once which the game does not process correctly. u can run POE on a super computer and it still would game lag...also u cannot run on this for the rest of time..so u should just do it and get it over with.

Thanks for linking some internet knowledge that I do not need because I'm programmer :)
If you want to read about x86-64 architecture all of you need is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

I think POE client will get almost nothing in case of performance for just switching to x64 as most of other programs. I think GGG can switch it easily to x64 by -ONLY- changing compiler flags!
I don't think you can get more than about 5% more performance in this way.
Client needs more profiling to find out bottlenecks in code, and possible fix them by threading. I think main CPU bottleneck now is D3D9 renderer.

Todays update is really good for me, it reduced location load times almost by half for me! Thanks GGG.
yes, loading time is MUCH better
32bit in 2016..
I LOVE THIS GAAAAAME!!!!
Spoiler

"
silverdash wrote:

3.6 GB RAM usage out of 4GB while standing in town with Windows 7 (I did run a lab before though)..
Rammap shows 15GB repurposed memory (not sure if that is good/bad)

Also had another occurrence of the shift-key problem with the G19 keyboard. Same bug as reported here (among others): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1070595
Sticky keys are disabled:

Restarting Path of Exile fixes the problem. Other games do not have that problem, it's unique to PoE. This bug can be very dangerous because it can cause you to accidentally drop equipped gear on the floor... One of the reasons why I prefer full mtx skins on all my valuable gear.

And of course the crashes as I posted before with an error in the client log with and without the gc-command. But MUCH more without the gc command.

Memory usage (entire PC, sry about before...) can easily go up to 10GB just before a crash with only the basic apps like Poe, firefox, Online radio, Steam + Overlay and such. Also the steamoverlay sometimes crashes when viewing youtube videos. But that also happens outside of PoE for me.

Actually it also fixed Windows 7 for me. I removed the GC command and upped the texture quality again. And I am not crashing like 5x / hour anymore. In fact, not at all anymore. So the fix may also work for Win7, unless something else changed (or maybe on my end). tried it for ~6 hours today: 0 crashes on Windows 7. The game is however very close to the 4GB limit pretty much all the time.

There is however a problem with the steam client... fml

Update:
1 crash:

2016/03/22 18:45:33 35077121 9b [CRIT Client 2248] Failed to load type "Metadata/NPC/Missions/Hideout/StrDex.aoc" Exception: Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 7741374464 Size: 11334056
2016/03/22 18:45:34 35077745 9b [CRIT Client 2248] Failed to load type "Metadata/NPC/Missions/Hideout/StrDex.ot" Exception: "Metadata/NPC/Missions/Hideout/StrDex.ao": Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 7741374464 Size: 11334056
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 22, 2016, 1:47:06 PM
LOL a "programmer" arguing about 32bit and 64bit being no diff OH OK ya dude... u sent me a wiki article, did u read it urself? since i dont need to...u prolly think 1333mhz is better then 4000+mhz ddr4..u can stick to ur amazing 32bit with a dollar of ram ddr ZERO while i continue to live in 2016
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Nice, right before I upgrade in a week!

don't do it

right when i saw this say Windows 10...i was like, well theres your problem!
"
LBGxValor wrote:
LOL a "programmer" arguing about 32bit and 64bit being no diff OH OK ya dude... u sent me a wiki article, did u read it urself? since i dont need to...u prolly think 1333mhz is better then 4000+mhz ddr4..u can stick to ur amazing 32bit with a dollar of ram ddr ZERO while i continue to live in 2016

Where I say there are no difference ? Difference is, but performance gain will be small, and main bottlenecks are in different place. Some people think than x64 is magic thing that will make game runs 5x faster - no, is not.
Some people can be mislead by many "Remasters" in x64 that in most cases include D3D11 renderer and/or whole different engine.
Last edited by virusek on Mar 22, 2016, 1:51:41 PM
GJ on this, hope there's more to come.

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting more 'mapchunk' errors since the patch, and worse still it's started happening in the Labyrinth, even when I start a fresh client load before attempt.
best developer communication ever

thanks for always remaining open/transparent and honest, guys!
Last edited by Darkfyre on Mar 22, 2016, 1:58:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info