Windows 10 Memory Leak Fixed

And websites skilltree is still bugged and noone cares,im not going to change web browser just for skilltree.
"
mikepukuotas wrote:
And websites skilltree is still bugged and noone cares,im not going to change web browser just for skilltree.

+1
Last edited by Dos_Fafner on Mar 22, 2016, 8:56:14 AM
Thank you guys! You are doing some great things with this game, and even found the time to flush out and deal with this relatively small issue. Thanks!
My part on that issue: I had some crashes because of low memory availability and started investigating. These crashes happened after long sessions of POE and when I closed it afterwards my system had 3gb's of RAM instead of 1.6gb's. I didn't play POE for two days and let the PC run for the same amount of time with other programs/games. At the end of POE-less session, when I closed everything, I still had 1.6gb's of RAM used by the system. It was clear to me POE was leaking. I had memeory leaks before so I always made screens of my poolmonitor after I stacked up those 3gigs system usage. Looks like I wont need them.

GG GGG
Last edited by Khyroku on Mar 22, 2016, 9:20:16 AM
good job
can't wait to test it out
 Excellent! As a computer and Windows tech I always hate software problems associated with only a specific version of Windows (for example, Outlook 2016 PST file corruptions). Anyway, great diagnostic work to first understand the problem and then coding a solution to the problem. Thanks for all your hard work.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Great job GGG. I am impressed that you fixed the first of the many issues this game currently has and not even one month after the launch of the expansion that caused the problem.
For a group of amateurs that is impressive.
Amazing that this wasn't caught in the QA...
Maybe you need longer test periods?
Because really, I'm getting a bit tired of this stuff happening at ever single mayor patch!
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Mar 22, 2016, 10:01:10 AM
Ohm gosh
thank you GGG I was starting to get pretty worried about the health of the game with an issue like that devouring my computer.
Super happy you fixed the issue and guess ill be shooting for 36 challenges now
It's very reassuring to see a company own up to it's mistake in such a transparent manner.
Serious, this made my day.
Awesome, i to have been having issues with these crashes glade u found the problem.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
So big of you guys admitting you were wrong. This is why GGG is loved by so many.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info