[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Do you think this build would be viable for killing The Shaper? I like the idea of arc mines and really want to play them, but my end goal is to kill shaper on hardcore. With that in mind, I'm curious if I could play this un-till around the level Shaper becomes an option, and then change a few things to make it viable for The Shaper. If that is at all possible what would you consider changing?
"
seraph9888 wrote:
i'm at lvl 55 and loving this build so far.

have you considered curse on hit with herald of thunder (proced by orb of storms) for dual curses?

This will not work unfortunately as you need to kill a mob to proc herald of thunder - mines do the killing. You could always link it to orb of storms or selfcast.

"
CoolColJ wrote:
Thinking about rolling a Duelist Gladiator/Block miner :)

Is such a thing viable?

I figured it could kill many birds one stone, good sustain while setting up mines, and ignore reflect etc.

And mines offer good damage for block builds

Could even go CI

I was playing around with this tree for a CI Block arc miner, using Anvil amulet, and maybe advancing fortress weapon + shield ( maybe rathpith globe) gets 74/78 block

http://poeurl.com/bcgV

Or maybe hybrid if not taking CI nodes etc

according to Path of Building, the arc mines would have a tool tip of around 5.5+k

so I dunno if this would be viable - thoughts?

Realistically I do not think you will get enough damage with this :/ Without assassin you can expect to drop to 40-45% chance to crit, and that it was 7 power charges. It is a nice idea to make it a little more survivable, although I think just getting the staff block nodes, a bit of investment on the tree elsewhere and a rumis should cover you without having to waste so many travel points.

Let me know if you get something to work properly :)

"
Rempi wrote:
Do you think this build would be viable for killing The Shaper? I like the idea of arc mines and really want to play them, but my end goal is to kill shaper on hardcore. With that in mind, I'm curious if I could play this un-till around the level Shaper becomes an option, and then change a few things to make it viable for The Shaper. If that is at all possible what would you consider changing?

Most builds are viable for killing the shaper, it just requires you to know what you are doing (its more about mechanics than build for a general statement). However that being said, you may struggle if it is your first time doing the fight. Having a good single target setup or a pair of void batteries could help a lot.
"
CoolColJ wrote:

How many deaths did he have tho? I want to kill it on hardcore I'm wondering how safe the build is and how quickly it can kill
"
Adblax wrote:
"
seraph9888 wrote:
i'm at lvl 55 and loving this build so far.

have you considered curse on hit with herald of thunder (proced by orb of storms) for dual curses?

This will not work unfortunately as you need to kill a mob to proc herald of thunder - mines do the killing. You could always link it to orb of storms or selfcast.

i get it to proc quite often with culling strike :)
"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
Rempi wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

How many deaths did he have tho? I want to kill it on hardcore I'm wondering how safe the build is and how quickly it can kill

Have no idea, but this is his Shaper vid from his build thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkszLRitBZ0&feature=youtu.be

huh nice, his kill was deathless... im sold
I can not be careful, but please explain why we take gem controlled destruction support, then there will not be a lightning crit , but a build all on crit, or I missed something ?!
PS sorry for my English ;(
Last edited by felixdager on Mar 31, 2017, 6:53:49 PM
"
unlikeaddiex wrote:
I'm not an expert or anything, but this is a crit build that uses controlled destruction support gem? Wouldn't that make it not crit?

anybody can explain this?
"
felixdager wrote:
"
unlikeaddiex wrote:
I'm not an expert or anything, but this is a crit build that uses controlled destruction support gem? Wouldn't that make it not crit?

anybody can explain this?

Crit is additive. If you have 750% increased crit chance, and reduce it by 100%, then you have 650% crit chance which is still very high.
Last edited by bluEyedillusions on Apr 3, 2017, 3:10:12 AM
Would this be viable with a Voltaxic? Seems fun to play a lightning to chaos conversion build!
Nice build!

I'm newbie and I want to ask what lvling method do you use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info